d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Syrian Refugees
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 236,487.00
Nov 21 2015 01:31am
What's your input on allowing them into the USA? Isis has already threatened that were the next victim. They've said it in the past but that could just make it worse. Also since the Paris attacks there was only roughly 500 people per month trying to join ISIS, now since the attack their number has jumped up to 1,500. I honestly see a war coming out and I hope it does so we can eliminate them.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2015 01:32am
This topic is bound to be a flame war
Gold: 62,452.34
Warn: 10%
Nov 21 2015 01:39am
either choice is the wrong one imo
i'd keep em out

dont need the risk
Gold: 11,732.26
Nov 21 2015 01:42am
To not add to any fuel to the fire, please look at how placing refugee's into a country works before you believe what the media tells you.

They cannot simply choose to come to the US for refuge, they're pre-screened by the UN, and then placed into a holding camp (for possibly years) before they're placed/released into a country (one that is not chosen, unless they have existing family etc., within that said country).

Once it is determined that they are admitted to said country, there is usually alternate levels of "screening" that take place by many government ran programs before they're let into a country.

If ISIS really wanted to send terrorist into the country, they would simply stick them on a plane and have them fly to that country, they wouldn't stick them in refugee camps to come here.

The media is painting a bad picture for actual families seeking refuge from the Syrian civil war and most of the people seeking refuge simply want to go back home after the war is over.

By your logic, we shouldn't allow anyone to fly to the United States because everyone is a threat.

Gold: 22,720.48
Nov 21 2015 01:57am
Quote (dcbc @ Nov 21 2015 03:42am)
To not add to any fuel to the fire, please look at how placing refugee's into a country works before you believe what the media tells you.

They cannot simply choose to come to the US for refuge, they're pre-screened by the UN, and then placed into a holding camp (for possibly years) before they're placed/released into a country (one that is not chosen, unless they have existing family etc., within that said country).

Once it is determined that they are admitted to said country, there is usually alternate levels of "screening" that take place by many government ran programs before they're let into a country.

If ISIS really wanted to send terrorist into the country, they would simply stick them on a plane and have them fly to that country, they wouldn't stick them in refugee camps to come here.

The media is painting a bad picture for actual families seeking refuge from the Syrian civil war and most of the people seeking refuge simply want to go back home after the war is over.

By your logic, we shouldn't allow anyone to fly to the United States because everyone is a threat.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I mean, get out of here with those facts.
If it doesn't fit the fear mongering narrative, it clearly doesn't matter! or something.
Everyone knows that the terrorists will take the hardest avenue to infiltrate a country instead of taking the easiest route.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Nov 21 2015 01:59am
Gold: 174.69
Nov 21 2015 02:18am
I feel the same way but in regards to Australia, not USA........we are supposedly going to accept 14,000 syrian refugees into Australia in the coming future

my problem/issue is why must we (the Australian tax payer) spend millions of $ bringing all these refugees to Australia (by planes ofc, lots of them...$$$$$$+)
then we gotta house & feed them.......more $$$$$$++.......and put the kids into schools and the elderly in hospital care..... more $$$$$+

meanwhile, we have real AUSTRALIAN citizens who are broke & homeless living on the streets and nobody helps them........but lets all help these refugees and get our Countries deficit even deeper into debt ffs

I say charity begins at home.........lets fix our local problems first before we fix foreign problems

Gold: 0.71
Nov 21 2015 03:47am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Nov 21 2015 04:18am)
I feel the same way but in regards to Australia, not USA........we are supposedly going to accept 14,000 syrian refugees into Australia in the coming future

my problem/issue is why must we (the Australian tax payer) spend millions of $ bringing all these refugees to Australia (by planes ofc, lots of them...$$$$$$+)
then we gotta house & feed them.......more $$$$$$++.......and put the kids into schools and the elderly in hospital care..... more $$$$$+

meanwhile, we have real AUSTRALIAN citizens who are broke & homeless living on the streets and nobody helps them........but lets all help these refugees and get our Countries deficit even deeper into debt ffs

I say charity begins at home.........lets fix our local problems first before we fix foreign problems

The broke & homeless have a chance to do something with their lives already it's not like your government is stopping them.
I'd imagine these refugees would love a chance to live their life and you'd want the same for yourself and your family if your country was going to complete shit.
Gold: 356.93
Nov 21 2015 04:12am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Nov 21 2015 07:18pm)

Every one of our homeless can get welfare payments through centrelink and most are homeless because of substance abuse, australian homeless are almost always homeless by choice unless it is very short term.

I say we help whoever we can, people are people, i do not value people of any race or religion over any other.
Our deficit is a non issue the murdoch media came up with to scare people into allowing the government to get away with murder, if we were so broke we would not give 9 billion dollars unasked for to the reserve bank, or a 900 million dollar tax break to news corp.
Gold: 1,074.00
Nov 21 2015 04:58am
Quote (said_aouita @ Nov 21 2015 06:41am)

It's chicago.. How much worse could it get. I vote no, dont need more to support.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll