d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Syrian Refugees
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 166.01
Nov 21 2015 03:24pm
Quote (Napi @ Nov 21 2015 06:03am)
personally I think USA should take most of the syrian refugees, afterall U.S is most responsible for the situation in syria.

As an American, I would LOVE it if we would stop trying to be the worlds police force, and let everyone else solve their own damn problems.
Having said that, there are very few of the worlds conflicts that do not involve Muslims.
While the USA can be finger pointed at in some, we aren't for all.
I guess Mali and Malayasia is our fault, too?
Mainstream Muslims need to be very vocal and very proactive in shutting down radical Islam, but they aren't even close.
Even the Sunni & Shite blow each other up. USAs fault for all? I think not.
Let the "civilized" Muslim countries care for their own and fix their own problems.

This post was edited by DiablosLegion on Nov 21 2015 03:24pm
Gold: 6,069.00
Nov 21 2015 03:54pm
shoot on sight ofc
Gold: 0.76
Nov 21 2015 04:38pm
Quote (DiablosLegion @ 21 Nov 2015 16:24)
As an American, I would LOVE it if we would stop trying to be the worlds police force, and let everyone else solve their own damn problems.
Having said that, there are very few of the worlds conflicts that do not involve Muslims.
Mainstream Muslims need to be very vocal and very proactive in shutting down radical Islam, but they aren't even close.
Let the "civilized" Muslim countries care for their own and fix their own problems.

Yeah why don't we just get the fuck out of the middle east right? Let's just forget all about the whole sandy damn place.

Let's just stay at home and worry about 'mericans for a while. Pull the navy back from the South China sea. Fuck you Taiwan you worry about China all by yourself. What's that Cuba you red commie bastards knock down trade barriers? How about some Minuteman surprise presents? maybe a cruise or two? we could use a camp David south.

Yeah I like your thinking DL.
Gold: 32,161.71
Nov 21 2015 04:40pm
Letting in or not letting in Syrian refugees will do nothing to change the chances of a terrorist attack occurring here. The screening methods utilized in the U.S. are just too strong and if you were a terrorist and comitted on being malignant you would find an alternate route in. Homeland security isn't a force to be trifled with, especially in this climate. I get public is scared though and feels the need to do something but decisions based on fear take some of the objectivity away.

This post was edited by Bazi on Nov 21 2015 05:02pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2015 04:57pm
Quote (Bazi @ Nov 21 2015 10:40pm)
Letting in or not letting in Syrian refugees will do nothing to change the chances of a terrorist attack occurring here. The screening methods utilized in the U.S. are just too strong and if you were a terrorist and comitted on being malignant you would find an alternate route in. Homeland security isn't a force to be trifled within, especially in this climate. I the public is scared though and feels the need to do something but decisions based on fear take some of the objectivity away.

For the most part I agree, the US's situation is a bit different as anyone brought here from the legitimate refugee pool will no doubt be filtered through extensively. It's the Europeans that need to be worried because they're the ones who have throngs and hordes, some of which have fake documentation, literally breaking through their borders with who-knows-what among them.

This post was edited by CarsV on Nov 21 2015 04:58pm
Nov 21 2015 05:02pm
Quote (CarsV @ Nov 21 2015 05:57pm)
For the most part I agree, the US's situation is a bit different as anyone brought here from the legitimate refugee pool will no doubt be filtered through extensively. It's the Europeans that need to be worried because they're the ones who have throngs and hordes, some of which have fake documentation, literally breaking through their borders with who-knows-what among them.

Agreed
Gold: 0.06
Trader: Trusted
Nov 21 2015 05:06pm
Nov 21 2015 05:14pm
Quote (Legacy843 @ Nov 21 2015 06:06pm)

Well it would certainly be a "good" thing for the thousands seeking to escape war and take their children/spouses to a country where they do not live under constant threat...American dream blah blah

The relevant question is what negative consequence would be inflicted upon the U.S. secondary to above

This post was edited by Bazi on Nov 21 2015 05:15pm
Gold: 556.34
Nov 21 2015 05:14pm
Quote (Legacy843 @ 22 Nov 2015 02:06)

huss little baby don't you cry, you have your weapons. no need to be afraid :)

Quote (DiablosLegion @ 22 Nov 2015 00:24)

oh boy, this escalated quickly

we take a lot of syrian refugees in finland, population 5 million.
no question in my mind if U.S should get some too
i mean, you're kinda like the biggest refugee camp in the world, no?
taking native americans as the real americans, rest of you are just mix of europeans, africans and asians
btw i quite didn't get all that muslim part, people being fucked up has nothing to do with religion

This post was edited by Napi on Nov 21 2015 05:20pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 21 2015 05:20pm
Quote (Legacy843 @ 21 Nov 2015 21:31)
The US has taken in over 3 million refugees since 1975. We are the most generous country in the world in that respect. Generous in stepping in and helping and protecting those who cannot protect themselves. But you can't protect others if you can't protect yourself. National security is the number one priority. Period.

You can sit here and say how these people are just poor refugees all day long but you don't know that at all. For once, listen to what the FBI and CIA directors have said. There is nothing to search the database for because there is nothing on these people. It sucks, but it is what it is.

But...but...but....ISIS can get in if they want to anyway. Right? I'd rather have someone kick a door in or break a window to my house than give them a key or the garage door code anyday.

I really don't get what is so difficult to understand. You look out for yourself first. In war, defense, and any public service job. Making decisions like this have massive risks.

crapzoid strike again

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll