d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Syrian Refugees
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 174.69
Nov 21 2015 06:14am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 21 2015 07:42pm)
Every one of our homeless can get welfare payments through centrelink and most are homeless because of substance abuse, australian homeless are almost always homeless by choice unless it is very short term.

I say we help whoever we can, people are people, i do not value people of any race or religion over any other.
Our deficit is a non issue the murdoch media came up with to scare people into allowing the government to get away with murder, if we were so broke we would not give 9 billion dollars unasked for to the reserve bank, or a 900 million dollar tax break to news corp.

ur wrong m8

go outside and stop in the street sometime and talk to a homeless person......just a friendly chat only....and u will see that most are genuinely struggling due to some kind of unseen misfortune...
ppl get scammed in real life and lose their life savings and have nothing left....some ppl have partners/family who died and don't have any money cos the partner was the one making an income
we all make mistakes in life, and some are serious enough to make us homeless & desperate
and btw, the welfare can barely cover the cost of rent in some cities in australia, so then how do u have any money left over for electricity or food even?

and the deficit is real btw.....thankfully we are not as fucked up broke as USA (they are really in the shit, but the media has got that covered up nicely)
but we are still broke nonetheless and need to stop spending(wasting) money on less important areas

I'm all for helping ppl, but lets help our own ppl first huh
Retired Moderator
Gold: 111.25
Trader: Trusted
Nov 21 2015 06:17am
I always thought, hey its no problem that so many refugees come...

But i changed my mind when i heard that one of the Paris Terrorists came as a refugee to europe...

Gold: 5,900.00
Nov 21 2015 06:31am
Quote (beatin @ Nov 21 2015 05:58am)
It's chicago.. How much worse could it get. I vote no, dont need more to support.

fail
Gold: 178.48
Nov 21 2015 06:59am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ 21 Nov 2015 22:14)
ur wrong m8

go outside and stop in the street sometime and talk to a homeless person......just a friendly chat only....and u will see that most are genuinely struggling due to some kind of unseen misfortune...
ppl get scammed in real life and lose their life savings and have nothing left....some ppl have partners/family who died and don't have any money cos the partner was the one making an income
we all make mistakes in life, and some are serious enough to make us homeless & desperate
and btw, the welfare can barely cover the cost of rent in some cities in australia, so then how do u have any money left over for electricity or food even?

and the deficit is real btw.....thankfully we are not as fucked up broke as USA (they are really in the shit, but the media has got that covered up nicely)
but we are still broke nonetheless and need to stop spending(wasting) money on less important areas

I'm all for helping ppl, but lets help our own ppl first huh

concur
Gold: 556.34
Nov 21 2015 07:03am
personally I think USA should take most of the syrian refugees, afterall U.S is most responsible for the situation in syria.
Gold: 277.70
Nov 21 2015 07:25am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Nov 21 2015 03:18am)
I feel the same way but in regards to Australia, not USA........we are supposedly going to accept 14,000 syrian refugees into Australia in the coming future

my problem/issue is why must we (the Australian tax payer) spend millions of $ bringing all these refugees to Australia (by planes ofc, lots of them...$$$$$$+)
then we gotta house & feed them.......more $$$$$$++.......and put the kids into schools and the elderly in hospital care..... more $$$$$+

meanwhile, we have real AUSTRALIAN citizens who are broke & homeless living on the streets and nobody helps them........but lets all help these refugees and get our Countries deficit even deeper into debt ffs

I say charity begins at home.........lets fix our local problems first before we fix foreign problems

This

Quote (Avid @ Nov 21 2015 04:47am)
The broke & homeless have a chance to do something with their lives already it's not like your government is stopping them.
I'd imagine these refugees would love a chance to live their life and you'd want the same for yourself and your family if your country was going to complete shit.

Try telling that to some of our vets..... Are you related to Reagan?

Quote (Napi @ Nov 21 2015 08:03am)
personally I think USA should take most of the syrian refugees, afterall U.S is most responsible for the situation in syria.

Sure. We are also responsible for no oxygen on Mars as well......
Gold: 556.34
Nov 21 2015 07:30am
Quote (xoazeus @ 21 Nov 2015 16:25)
Sure. We are also responsible for no oxygen on Mars as well......

Maybe some knowledge of this arab spring wouldn't hurt..
many european countries are getting shitload of syrian refugees, even though we had nothing to do with situation in syria

This post was edited by Napi on Nov 21 2015 07:35am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,702.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 21 2015 07:41am
I would give it thought if it was woman and children or just children but other then that better safe then sorry.
Gold: 7,531.14
Nov 21 2015 07:50am
Any way we look at this and whatever solution we think of, it seems to be a lose-lose situation. I agree with LP92 in the way that allegedly one of the people posed as a refugee to get into the country. On the other hand, the news will say what it needs to get the people to back them up if they feel strong enough to do something. I still believe we knew about Pearl Harbor, the government just needed something to push Americans to side with going to war...

Also what Arsenic_Touch said, Terrorists will take the long way around something if they feel the end result will be reached. Why risk a straight flight for something that has a high chance to end before something was done.. They would go that extra mile to "pass" whatever needs to be passed in order to reach their destination. No one knows (if it was true that is) how long the one person was screened before being able to go into France as a "refugee".
Gold: 5,900.00
Nov 21 2015 08:19am
Quote (Napi @ Nov 21 2015 08:03am)

How so?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll