d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > One Step Forward, Or Two Steps Back? > Shinzo Abe Want's To Re-write Pacifism
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Jul 20 2015 08:59am
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Jul 2015 09:32)
Lol, what? Just because humans are naturally violent doesn't mean people would feel the desire to attack others randomly. Coming from a self-described feminist with a rainbow avatar, I'll wear my misogynist title proudly.

That's a good comparison... human beings have a natural sex drive as well. Just because guys aren't raping women 24/7 doesn't mean the natural drive isn't there.

Human beings are naturally violent. Has our biology changed significantly in the past 3,000 years? I think not. To think that humans(especially men) aren't naturally violent makes me think you've never raised a son before.

You are proud of:
Misogyny (/mɪˈsÉ’d’ɪni/) is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. According to feminist theory, misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.[1][2] Misogyny can be found within many mythologies of the ancient world as well as various religions. In addition, various influential Western philosophers have been described as misogynistic.[1][3]

Wooo Hoooo Goo On Ya there Lad.

You have made my point with your post, just because man may have even had to be violent in the past or hold some violent tendencies today, there are safe releases for that drive like paint ball courses, hunting, sports..etc..

The human nature being violent is not a good reason for war, that is taking responsibility away from the monsters who wage it.
Gold: 500.00
Jul 20 2015 09:08am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 20 2015 09:32am)
Lol, what? Just because humans are naturally violent doesn't mean people would feel the desire to attack others randomly. Coming from a self-described feminist with a rainbow avatar, I'll wear my misogynist title proudly.

That's a good comparison... human beings have a natural sex drive as well. Just because guys aren't raping women 24/7 doesn't mean the natural drive isn't there.

Human beings are naturally violent. Has our biology changed significantly in the past 3,000 years? I think not. To think that humans(especially men) aren't naturally violent makes me think you've never raised a son before.

i see domestic violence in your future
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 20 2015 09:09am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 09:59am)
You are proud of:
Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒd�ɪni/) is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. According to feminist theory, misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.[1][2] Misogyny can be found within many mythologies of the ancient world as well as various religions. In addition, various influential Western philosophers have been described as misogynistic.[1][3]

Wooo Hoooo Goo On Ya there Lad.

You have made my point with your post, just because man may have even had to be violent in the past or hold some violent tendencies today, there are safe releases for that drive like paint ball courses, hunting, sports..etc..

The human nature being violent is not a good reason for war, that is taking responsibility away from the monsters who wage it.

I'm proud of any negative title a sensitive PC liberal gives me, whether it be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

So now you admit that humans are naturally violent, and thus people seek to release that violence in healthier ways? Glad you could come over to my side.

I never claimed it was a good reason to go to war... that's just the basic reason we've been at war with each other for the entirety of human history. War is natural, peace is not.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 20 2015 09:21am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 19 2015 02:27pm)
We forced Japan to be peaceful... we took away their fucking military.

Do you just scream "hate" when you have no real argument?

Japan has a military, they just don't have wars silly.

Quote (duffman316 @ Jul 20 2015 10:08am)

He is right. What he doesn't understand is that SJWs are using those same principles of aggression and conflict to amazing success. They aren't using different tactics than their enemies, they are just becoming stronger.

And the natural order works itself out.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jul 20 2015 10:21am)
...I see no opportunity for domestic violence in your future .

Lol, zing!

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 20 2015 09:23am
Gold: 7,252.72
Jul 20 2015 09:21am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jul 20 2015 11:08am)

Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 20 2015 09:23am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 20 2015 10:21am)
Japan has a military, they just don't have wars silly.

Quote (IceMage @ Jul 20 2015 07:58am)
My mistake, I didn't know Japan re-implemented it's military in 1952. So, we took away their military for a short time.

inb4'd son
Jul 20 2015 09:24am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 20 2015 10:23am)
inb4'd son

It happens :(

+1 at least.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 20 2015 09:35am
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Jul 2015 10:09)
I'm proud of any negative title a sensitive PC liberal gives me, whether it be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

So now you admit that humans are naturally violent, and thus people seek to release that violence in healthier ways? Glad you could come over to my side.

I never claimed it was a good reason to go to war... that's just the basic reason we've been at war with each other for the entirety of human history. War is natural, peace is not.

No you see you again contradict yourself. Man's violent nature isn't the reason for us or any war you silly. Greed power and religion are the main reasons than man wages war.
Gold: 500.00
Jul 20 2015 09:38am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jul 20 2015 10:21am)

no surprise you consider violence to be a natural part of marriage old man, did you use a belt with your wife when she got "out of line" or did you prefer to use your fists?
Jul 20 2015 09:43am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 10:35am)
No you see you again contradict yourself. Man's violent nature isn't the reason for us or any war you silly. Greed power and religion are the main reasons than man wages war.

I think it is a psychological thing. I from the Freudian camp that says that people are constantly repressing natural feels that society deems unacceptable due to the social contract and that things like war happen when this psychology repression goes on for too long. A very dysfunctional collective defense mechanism. When wars happen it happens on such a level through the many various individuals that entire cultures will become imbued with a belligerence. The World Wars, aside from being the final death of the Monarchies and the last throes of the aristocrats cannibalizing one another at the end of their world and the ascent of the New World Order of the United States and the Soviet Union dichotomy. Europe can be a player again if they stand together in the EU, but if that fails they'll be weak individually....either way the postmodern idea played itself out. I think the World Wars were very much caused by the death of god as a viable philosophical concept and how that made apparent that the aristocrats were not better.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 20 2015 09:43am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll