d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > One Step Forward, Or Two Steps Back? > Shinzo Abe Want's To Re-write Pacifism
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jul 19 2015 01:05pm
Quote (Caedus @ Jul 19 2015 01:30pm)
These media outlets are pulling those numbers out of their ass. A left wing newspaper that is known for its criticism of the LDP and Abe seems to be the primary source for the polls saying support has dropped. Abe has made amending or loosening Article 9 a priority of his prime ministership, He won an election decisively with it as a primary component of his platform. It makes zero sense that eight months later the same people that voted him in are now protesting him following through on his campaign promise.

The are conservative voters. Who knows what they were voting for. Probably some imaginary past they heard about from their grandfathers old idealized stories.

But honestly, I don't know hardly anything about Japan and its politics. I like Japan and they're the most important US ally in the region and possible on Earth behind Great Britain.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 19 2015 01:21pm
Quote (Skinned @ 19 Jul 2015 14:05)
The are conservative voters. Who knows what they were voting for. Probably some imaginary past they heard about from their grandfathers old idealized stories.

But honestly, I don't know hardly anything about Japan and its politics. I like Japan and they're the most important US ally in the region and possible on Earth behind Great Britain.

And a majority of their people don't want to build up a war machine. Not one death either taken in battle or lost in 70 years, and the majority of the population is in favor of this.

Think for a moment what their reaction has been since Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 70 years of peace and one of our best allies. What our reaction has been since the twin towers fell? over 4,000 of our troops at least half a million Iraqis and we are still fighting a menace that we helped create.

Look at what hate and revenge has won for us,
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 19 2015 01:27pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 19 2015 02:21pm)
And a majority of their people don't want to build up a war machine. Not one death either taken in battle or lost in 70 years, and the majority of the population is in favor of this.

Think for a moment what their reaction has been since Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 70 years of peace and one of our best allies. What our reaction has been since the twin towers fell? over 4,000 of our troops at least half a million Iraqis and we are still fighting a menace that we helped create.

Look at what hate and revenge has won for us,

We forced Japan to be peaceful... we took away their fucking military.

Do you just scream "hate" when you have no real argument?
Gold: 633.87
Jul 19 2015 09:45pm
Quote (Caedus @ Jul 19 2015 02:01pm)
You can't think of Japanese elections like Western ones. They've always had a lot of them, and voters expect leaders to call elections when they fail to meet expectations. So even though Abe had a majority, Japanese custom made it advisable to call an election due to the economy contracting. It wasn't to expand LDP control, there was almost no scenario where that election would increase LDP support. The election had to be called because Abe failed to meet expectations. Yes, there was tactics to it, the LDP was still extremely popular, and the DP still hadn't recovered from their colossal failure between 2009 and 2012. The rest of the parties are fringe parties. However, the DP should have garnered a greater victor given the failure of Abe to achieve his targets. But they didn't. The public still overwhelmingly supported Abe and gave him a vote of confidence.

The American public is irrelevant. The state department cannot hemorrhage the United States international reputation because the US has very high levels of war exhaustion. Treaties are honoured because that's how we do things in the international system. If a country like the US ignored or broke a treaty, not only would there be serious consequences. The US could try to amend their treaty so they're not obligated to come to Japan's aid, but they would never do that. Japan is one of the US' most powerful allies, and unlike Germany, France, Great Britain, they actually agree with US foreign policy for the most part. If Japan was attacked, it would be in the US' best interest to help.

The LDP didn't call the election because culture demanded it, they called it because Abe wanted to secure another term before his poll numbers began to collapse (as they are now). The public does not overwhelmingly support Abe's government. He won another term, but voter confidence is on edge and his current numbers do not look good.

It absolutely can. The State Department is run by officials answerable to the powers that be. The powers that be are answerable to domestic constituents.

Japan is one of America's most important allies, hence why Abe is working so hard to get this pushed through. The United States needs commitment on behalf of Japan, it's untenable domestically for Americans to die while the Japanese sit on the sidelines.
Jul 20 2015 06:44am
Quote (IceMage @ 19 Jul 2015 14:27)
We forced Japan to be peaceful... we took away their fucking military.

Do you just scream "hate" when you have no real argument?

You know Hate too well. Our boot Hasn't been on their neck. They have a fucking military if you would pay a-fucking-ttention you would know that

but seeing how there have been paragraphs of text well...
Jul 20 2015 06:58am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 07:44am)
You know Hate too well. Our boot Hasn't been on their neck. They have a fucking military if you would pay a-fucking-ttention you would know that

but seeing how there have been paragraphs of text well...

My mistake, I didn't know Japan re-implemented it's military in 1952. So, we took away their military for a short time.

Jul 20 2015 07:10am
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Jul 2015 07:58)
My mistake, I didn't know Japan re-implemented it's military in 1952. So, we took away their military for a short time.

And they choose to keep it at the level that it is at one which they feel can defend. They as a population don't want an offensive military, they are aware of the past and of the tragedies that they inflicted and were inflicted on them.

If every nation followed their lead and only kept what was needed to defend their own land...think of the possibilities for the future, all nuclear weapons could be disarmed, all bio-chemical weapons destroyed. soon the fucking cannons and tanks would rust from non-use
Jul 20 2015 07:17am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 08:10am)
And they choose to keep it at the level that it is at one which they feel can defend. They as a population don't want an offensive military, they are aware of the past and of the tragedies that they inflicted and were inflicted on them.

If every nation followed their lead and only kept what was needed to defend their own land...think of the possibilities for the future, all nuclear weapons could be disarmed, all bio-chemical weapons destroyed. soon the fucking cannons and tanks would rust from non-use

They can lean on the United States for defense, like many other nations do.

If only human beings weren't naturally violent... we could demolish all of our militaries and sing kumbaya together around the camp fire.
Jul 20 2015 08:04am
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Jul 2015 08:17)
They can lean on the United States for defense, like many other nations do.

If only human beings weren't naturally violent... we could demolish all of our militaries and sing kumbaya together around the camp fire.

That's just so much bullshit you don't walk down the street pushing women down and kicking them do you? yet your posts reek of misogyny.

Human beings being naturally violent is like saying we should still run around in packs and throw rocks at one another.

you know sit in a circle and chew on grubs and leaves.. maybe the half rotted meat from a kill we made last week. What or can we have discovered fire do you think?

How far developed can we have become in your little fantasy, that we still need to be violent yet can accomplish all these other things?

I mean shitting and pissing is natural to us yet we don't just fucking let it out whenever it feels good.

Mating is purely natural yet I don't think Jessica Alba has been attacked yet, and brother let me tell ya, if we simply acted on our natural impulses....

That humans are naturally violent is the same stupid argument that fucking racists use when they claim that hate is the purest form of equality

Grow a pair of big boy balls and claim some responsibility for your own thoughts and beliefs quit blaming nature.
Jul 20 2015 08:32am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 09:04am)
That's just so much bullshit you don't walk down the street pushing women down and kicking them do you? yet your posts reek of misogyny.

Human beings being naturally violent is like saying we should still run around in packs and throw rocks at one another.

you know sit in a circle and chew on grubs and leaves.. maybe the half rotted meat from a kill we made last week. What or can we have discovered fire do you think?

How far developed can we have become in your little fantasy, that we still need to be violent yet can accomplish all these other things?

I mean shitting and pissing is natural to us yet we don't just fucking let it out whenever it feels good.

Mating is purely natural yet I don't think Jessica Alba has been attacked yet, and brother let me tell ya, if we simply acted on our natural impulses....

That humans are naturally violent is the same stupid argument that fucking racists use when they claim that hate is the purest form of equality

Grow a pair of big boy balls and claim some responsibility for your own thoughts and beliefs quit blaming nature.

Lol, what? Just because humans are naturally violent doesn't mean people would feel the desire to attack others randomly. Coming from a self-described feminist with a rainbow avatar, I'll wear my misogynist title proudly.

That's a good comparison... human beings have a natural sex drive as well. Just because guys aren't raping women 24/7 doesn't mean the natural drive isn't there.

Human beings are naturally violent. Has our biology changed significantly in the past 3,000 years? I think not. To think that humans(especially men) aren't naturally violent makes me think you've never raised a son before.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll