d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > One Step Forward, Or Two Steps Back? > Shinzo Abe Want's To Re-write Pacifism
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 20 2015 09:46am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 10:35am)
No you see you again contradict yourself. Man's violent nature isn't the reason for us or any war you silly. Greed power and religion are the main reasons than man wages war.

How did I contradict myself?

Since the first man took a rock and bashed in his neighbors head, the basic reason for war has been our primal urge for violence and our herd mentality. We've transferred that collective violence onto militaries and politicians, but our basic violent nature is what really fuels conflict.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 20 2015 10:26am
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Jul 2015 10:46)
How did I contradict myself?

Since the first man took a rock and bashed in his neighbors head, the basic reason for war has been our primal urge for violence and our herd mentality. We've transferred that collective violence onto militaries and politicians, but our basic violent nature is what really fuels conflict.

You yourself said it's not a good reason for going to war, but then you say it's why we go to war.. I say there are other reasons.

Quote (Skinned @ 20 Jul 2015 10:43)
I think it is a psychological thing. I from the Freudian camp that says that people are constantly repressing natural feels that society deems unacceptable due to the social contract and that things like war happen when this psychology repression goes on for too long. A very dysfunctional collective defense mechanism. When wars happen it happens on such a level through the many various individuals that entire cultures will become imbued with a belligerence. The World Wars, aside from being the final death of the Monarchies and the last throes of the aristocrats cannibalizing one another at the end of their world and the ascent of the New World Order of the United States and the Soviet Union dichotomy. Europe can be a player again if they stand together in the EU, but if that fails they'll be weak individually....either way the postmodern idea played itself out. I think the World Wars were very much caused by the death of god as a viable philosophical concept and how that made apparent that the aristocrats were not better.

We suppress many different feels yes but. haven't we as a civilization become so enamored with ourselves that we've taken care of those needs without getting our hands bloody. I mean look at the vicarious abilities that just electronic Gaming has given us. A man/boy can surely rid him self of that as the "feminazis" like to say toxic masculinity by fantasy killing, raping, stealing, driving, and shooting.. and that's just GTA. men work out and burn endorphins, they can shoot at ranges, they can hunt and kill things. I think that we pamper ourselves so much that we wouldn't dare let a need build up. That wouldn't be good form in today's atmosphere.

We may get whipped into a war-like frenzy by terrorist attacks like 9/11 our nation has hated Muslims for over a decade now they have been our parents Commies. The war machine is business it's probably actually one of the biggest businesses in the US. The money that congress pays for our conflict is dumfounding when thought about. looking at the spending budget alone is enough to make your jaw hit the floor but the clincher is the in discretionary budget which easily can hit totals three times as high. That's why we wage war for decades against invisible enemies who kill the same people we are killing the poor fucking civilians who don't have a home and don't have any fucking place to go.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 20 2015 10:32am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 11:26am)
You yourself said it's not a good reason for going to war, but then you say it's why we go to war.. I say there are other reasons.

We suppress many different feels yes but. haven't we as a civilization become so enamored with ourselves that we've taken care of those needs without getting our hands bloody. I mean look at the vicarious abilities that just electronic Gaming has given us. A man/boy can surely rid him self of that as the "feminazis" like to say toxic masculinity by fantasy killing, raping, stealing, driving, and shooting.. and that's just GTA. men work out and burn endorphins, they can shoot at ranges, they can hunt and kill things. I think that we pamper ourselves so much that we wouldn't dare let a need build up. That wouldn't be good form in today's atmosphere.

We may get whipped into a war-like frenzy by terrorist attacks like 9/11 our nation has hated Muslims for over a decade now they have been our parents Commies. The war machine is business it's probably actually one of the biggest businesses in the US. The money that congress pays for our conflict is dumfounding when thought about. looking at the spending budget alone is enough to make your jaw hit the floor but the clincher is the in discretionary budget which easily can hit totals three times as high. That's why we wage war for decades against invisible enemies who kill the same people we are killing the poor fucking civilians who don't have a home and don't have any fucking place to go.

My wife is addicted to GTA, not just male impulses :lol:

And you're preaching to the choir.
Gold: 633.87
Jul 20 2015 10:42am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 09:04am)
That's just so much bullshit you don't walk down the street pushing women down and kicking them do you? yet your posts reek of misogyny.

Human beings being naturally violent is like saying we should still run around in packs and throw rocks at one another.

you know sit in a circle and chew on grubs and leaves.. maybe the half rotted meat from a kill we made last week. What or can we have discovered fire do you think?

How far developed can we have become in your little fantasy, that we still need to be violent yet can accomplish all these other things?

I mean shitting and pissing is natural to us yet we don't just fucking let it out whenever it feels good.

Mating is purely natural yet I don't think Jessica Alba has been attacked yet, and brother let me tell ya, if we simply acted on our natural impulses....

That humans are naturally violent is the same stupid argument that fucking racists use when they claim that hate is the purest form of equality

Grow a pair of big boy balls and claim some responsibility for your own thoughts and beliefs quit blaming nature.

Human nature includes violence. You can deny it and be wrong or accept it and be correct.

We can't control our impulses unless we understand them.
Jul 20 2015 10:53am
Quote (Skinned @ 20 Jul 2015 11:32)
My wife is addicted to GTA, not just male impulses :lol:

And you're preaching to the choir.

Oh I know :D I was hoping for collateral damage. :lol:

about the GTA..one question did you "hook" her cause if so no qq Just a year or so after we were married I taught Jean to shoot...went to work all the guys were like "now you have to hide the guns before you go out drinking dunbass!" :lol: I had to cook in my own stew.

Quote (bogie160 @ 20 Jul 2015 11:42)
Human nature includes violence. You can deny it and be wrong or accept it and be correct.

We can't control our impulses unless we understand them.

What's so hard to understand Bogie? it doesn't take a neurosurgeon to figure out nobody denies that we have the capacity to be violent, what makes us civilized is the capacity to recognize those urges and to control, harness, or repress them people that can't usually wind up in prison or pauper's graves.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Jul 20 2015 10:59am
Jul 20 2015 11:02am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 11:53am)
Oh I know :D I was hoping for collateral damage. :lol:

about the GTA..one question did you "hook" her cause if so no qq Just a year or so after we were married I taught Jean to shoot...went to work all the guys were like "now you have to hide the guns before you go out drinking dunbass!" :lol: I had to cook in my own stew.

What's so hard to understand Bogie? it doesn't take a neurosurgeon to figure out nobody denies that we have the capacity to be violent, what makes us civilized is the capacity to recognize those urges and to control, harness, or repress them people that can't usually wind up in prison or pauper's graves.

No. I'm into very different games. I'm playing on an Everquest classic EMU server. Game is tough as nails. Still greatest MMO. And EVE Online, less than less though.
Jul 20 2015 11:22am
Quote (Skinned @ 20 Jul 2015 12:02)
No. I'm into very different games. I'm playing on an Everquest classic EMU server. Game is tough as nails. Still greatest MMO. And EVE Online, less than less though.

Ah. my delicacy sucks since my stroke my bleed was in the occipital lobe and gave me dbl vision with a nasty blind spot at the focus point..I stick to mainly melee chars. on d-2lod.I was really into LLD but dueling has died. now I play chess master to keep exercised. I've seen ads for EVE and it looks cool.
Jul 20 2015 11:27am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 20 2015 12:22pm)
Ah. my delicacy sucks since my stroke my bleed was in the occipital lobe and gave me dbl vision with a nasty blind spot at the focus point..I stick to mainly melee chars. on d-2lod.I was really into LLD but dueling has died. now I play chess master to keep exercised. I've seen ads for EVE and it looks cool.

I played D2 classic, no xpac. I did nothing but bot and duel :lol:

Long time ago.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 20 2015 11:27am
Gold: 1.50
Jul 20 2015 01:05pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 20 2015 12:02pm)

TMO scum!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll