d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > I Have Never Seen It This Low > Just Sad Imo
Prev123420Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,484.75
May 7 2015 08:06pm
Paul plays on his private servers. So it wont show when he was last played it. Paul has a vision with his game and implements what slahsers want if he feels its 100% necessary. I've tried time and time again over the last couple years with suggestions and what not but he refuses to do anything. I told him it doesnt matter what he wants, its what the players want . Im already passed my breaking point with this game an will probably never play it again until majors changes occur in the game..which is pretty safe to say it will never happen at this point...as history repeats itself.

#drunk #dontcarenomore
Gold: 7,863.56
May 7 2015 08:36pm
Quote (iToons @ May 7 2015 11:06pm)
Paul plays on his private servers. So it wont show when he was last played it. Paul has a vision with his game and implements what slahsers want if he feels its 100% necessary. I've tried time and time again over the last couple years with suggestions and what not but he refuses to do anything. I told him it doesnt matter what he wants, its what the players want . Im already passed my breaking point with this game an will probably never play it again until majors changes occur in the game..which is pretty safe to say it will never happen at this point...as history repeats itself.

#drunk #dontcarenomore

If you don't like the playground, just leave.
Gold: 4,000.00
May 7 2015 09:19pm
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ May 7 2015 07:58pm)
This game is amazing and a ton of fun.

Just play with Lance

This guy knows
Gold: 9.04
May 7 2015 09:35pm
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ May 7 2015 08:58pm)

Just play with Pun

i think its better like this :)

ill vouch it is amazing game
Gold: 50,062.31
May 7 2015 09:36pm
Quote (Paparick @ May 7 2015 09:37pm)
And is it stupid to try to recover the initial cost of the items you own??

If an item cost me 10K 5 years ago, you bloody well better be ready to offer at least that much in order to tweak my interest

If you are interested in replacing your LS items with fg, you have to either compromise or end up keeping it and let it rot on your account. I'm not interested in forcing anyone to sell his items against his will. But if you want to get rid of your items, you have to lower your price until the buyer is satisfied. Have you ever had any economy lessons?

Quote (BrunoMars @ May 7 2015 09:29pm)
It is their items so they can sell them for whatever they want. Or they can keep them if they desire. No need to be calling people within the community stupid over pixels when I'm sure as you know not many are a fan of you already.

I am not a fan of them either if they're asshats. Kicking people out so their friends can get in is very rude and selfish. That is why this game is dying. You're pushing away potential new players. And anyway I am not desperate for popularity on the Internet. This doesn't mean I'm not willing to make friends here. It really depends on whether that person is friendly, however.
Gold: 9.04
May 7 2015 11:09pm
i feel good :) i just helped a new player :) spent 20mins schooling him on the game, maybe he will stay maybe he wont :P

if one of us old players do this everyday, i think we might get these numbers back up :)
Gold: 119,903.34
May 7 2015 11:20pm
Quote (pun_godlike @ May 8 2015 01:09am)
i feel good :) i just helped a new player :) spent 20mins schooling him on the game, maybe he will stay maybe he wont :P

if one of us old players do this everyday, i think we might get these numbers back up :)

Numbers are more contingent on the mechanics of the game.

Trying to help people out is noble but the current version of the game, going to be hard for people to stay.

One of the reasons the game had higher numbers in the past was the allure to make fg. Some stayed but when the ability to make fg began to diminish, so did the playerbase.

Also resets always bring a little bit of temporary life into the game. The length of seasons being reduced could probably help the game maintain a more consistent playerbase as well.

Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ May 7 2015 09:58pm)

Just play with Lance

Coming from the guy who hardly ever played with me even when he did spend 400k fg and had gear to play.

Things can always get better. I'm sure at some point there will be more updates to the game , just have to wait a while for Paul to get the motivation to do so. And make the most of those times when they do happen.
Gold: 74,226.27
May 7 2015 11:26pm
Wasted way more than that, more like 750k

edit: didn't mean to say wasted, meant to say spent
Gold: 119,903.34
May 7 2015 11:47pm
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ May 8 2015 01:26am)
Wasted way more than that, more like 750k

edit: didn't mean to say wasted, meant to say spent

If it wasn't for jamal, probably be over 1 million.
Gold: 6,376.70
May 8 2015 05:13am
The #1 reason this game was fun, initially, to me, was the drops. Yes, it was basic and as simple as it got. Yes, it was text-based and any "graphics" were simply images stolen from other games, such as diablo, diablo 2, megaman, [insert game name here]. And yet, the mechanics were sound and solid. The build variety was impressive. It was fun. And there were DROPS. The feeling of having a tier I charm drop with 40dex, 1100 max life, and 7 lifesteal? Knowing something like this could make your characters absolute beast, 1-61, every class? OR that you could go and sell it for tens of thousands of forum gold to someone else, financing an entire (lesser) build? Holy fuck!

Thing is, back then, such items DID drop. Now? We hope for something mid-high end. A 140ee XIV axe, for instance. Yet seldom, if ever, see XIV items drop. And when they do, it's with 1 jub, or 6 ice mastery, or some other nonsense. The idea that made such a simple game grand was, "I can trade for great gear, and be a god, or I can work hard, trade harder, and be a god." Yet now, the reality is, "I can put in 12 hours a day on this game for the next half a year, and 2190 hours later, there's a good chance that I still will not have found even 1 MQ-worthy item (such as the aforementioned 140ee axe).

The game still has it's moments. But when drops on the low end are amazing, except so limited stat-wise they aren't useful for more than 10 levels, and items on the high end simply aren't dropping... Why would people wish to spend their evenings, weekends, or days on it?

Even Diablo 3 tosses the dog a bone every now and then. Eventually, when the dog merely walks into an empty yard, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month... The dog stops visiting.

So... Why are there only 9 or 10 players on at the time of your post? Most likely, because of those people who use the game as something to fill their moments while socializing with other friends and/or guildmates, they're all who were on. And the basic idea of a gear-based game where decent, usable gear doesn't drop simply doesn't appeal to most people enough to keep newcomers around. :)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123420Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll