d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > I Have Never Seen It This Low > Just Sad Imo
Prev1234520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 289,020.33
Trader: Mediator
May 8 2015 09:24am
Quote (pwb3 @ May 7 2015 10:36pm)
Have you ever had any economy lessons?

I'm not sure if you have had any. Most of the people selling items, especially ones that don't have thread and you are PMing them really have no desire to sell unless you pay top FG for them. They aren't going to lose fg unless they need the FG to pay back loans or something of that nature.

Items in this game are rare to come by especially on HC. If you want items you have to pay THEIR prices. Let's say you have this vintage car that you bought for $20,000 5 years ago. If someone tries to buy that car they are going to ask for at least $20,000, but probably more. If you come and offer them $10,000 they are going to say no thanks. Only time they would sell for less if they need the money for some reason. It's the same thing in LS.

Hopefully there are some changes in the future that can bring this game back up. People want FG, and if you can provide them a way to make it, then you will see old and new players come back. I use to play this game with the hope to make FG, now I play this game to play with the people I met playing since FG is rare now.

It is nice to see a few competitions, and ideas to help the new players, but with the player base so low it's going to be hard to make those actually work unfortunately.
Gold: 50,062.31
May 8 2015 11:51am
Quote (Moojilsuh @ May 8 2015 11:24am)
I'm not sure if you have had any. Most of the people selling items, especially ones that don't have thread and you are PMing them really have no desire to sell unless you pay top FG for them. They aren't going to lose fg unless they need the FG to pay back loans or something of that nature.

Items in this game are rare to come by especially on HC. If you want items you have to pay THEIR prices. Let's say you have this vintage car that you bought for $20,000 5 years ago. If someone tries to buy that car they are going to ask for at least $20,000, but probably more. If you come and offer them $10,000 they are going to say no thanks. Only time they would sell for less if they need the money for some reason. It's the same thing in LS.

Hopefully there are some changes in the future that can bring this game back up. People want FG, and if you can provide them a way to make it, then you will see old and new players come back. I use to play this game with the hope to make FG, now I play this game to play with the people I met playing since FG is rare now.

It is nice to see a few competitions, and ideas to help the new players, but with the player base so low it's going to be hard to make those actually work unfortunately.

It's you who never had any economy lessons. That vintage car analogy cannot apply to this game because it is a dead game. Everyone is quitting and wants to get rid d his stuff, not keep it.

Therefore, he has to lower the prices in order to make it enticing enough to the buyer. Demand is next to zero while supply is plenty. Not the other way around. Yes, these items are rare. No, not many care enough about this game anymore.
Gold: 119,903.34
May 8 2015 11:58am
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 01:51pm)
It's you who never had any economy lessons. That vintage car analogy cannot apply to this game because it is a dead game. Everyone is quitting and wants to get rid d his stuff, not keep it.

Therefore, he has to lower the prices in order to make it enticing enough to the buyer. Demand is next to zero while supply is plenty. Not the other way around. Yes, these items are rare. No, not many care enough about this game anymore.

The demand is low and the supply is low.

Cause most people do not care about selling their gear unless someone goes through the hassle of paying what they paid or overpaying by a fair amount.

A lot of the gear on hardcore is rotting because people left the game and do not care to come back and do anything with it.
May 8 2015 12:06pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ May 8 2015 01:58pm)
The demand is low and the supply is low.

Cause most people do not care about selling their gear unless someone goes through the hassle of paying what they paid or overpaying by a fair amount.

A lot of the gear on hardcore is rotting because people left the game and do not care to come back and do anything with it.

There's plenty of supply for the amount of demand tat is out there (which is almost none - me and one or two others). They just won't respond to my pms or want way too much for their items.
Retired Moderator
May 8 2015 12:27pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 12:51pm)

If they wanted to really get rid of it they would lower their prices. They don't want to sell unless you pay what they did. Many have said the same, some still don't understand
Gold: 119,903.34
May 8 2015 12:29pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 8 2015 02:06pm)
There's plenty of supply for the amount of demand tat is out there (which is almost none - me and one or two others). They just won't respond to my pms or want way too much for their items.

Just have to accept things in LS for what they are. LS isn't going to operate like any real economy. You going to have to pay what people want for their items and not what you are wanting to pay.

If the playerbase increased and more items were freshly placed into the game, then it'd be easier to buy items, but that's not the case at the moment.
May 8 2015 01:06pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ May 8 2015 02:29pm)
Just have to accept things in LS for what they are. LS isn't going to operate like any real economy. You going to have to pay what people want for their items and not what you are wanting to pay.

If the playerbase increased and more items were freshly placed into the game, then it'd be easier to buy items, but that's not the case at the moment.

People like Toughguy will keep bumping their threads into oblivion, or at least until they realize there are better things to do with their time (or finally cave in and lower the prices). It's all up to them which they want more: fg or items completely useless to them.

Quote (Moojilsuh @ May 8 2015 02:27pm)
If they wanted to really get rid of it they would lower their prices. They don't want to sell unless you pay what they did. Many have said the same, some still don't understand

Hopefully one day you'll finally understand. ^_^
Gold: 205.60
May 8 2015 01:27pm

He understands pretty clearly you just seem to keep ignoring what multiple people have told you in regards to people selling their items
May 8 2015 01:31pm
Quote (tyler225 @ May 8 2015 03:27pm)
He understands pretty clearly you just seem to keep ignoring what multiple people have told you in regards to people selling their items

They don't know or understand what they're talking about and apparently neither do you.
Retired Moderator
May 8 2015 01:54pm

Right back at ya buddy :)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll