d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ar-15 Ammo Ban > Constitutional Or Not?
Prev14567811Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 8 2015 12:44pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 8 2015 12:40pm)
By criminals do you mean the munitions productions industry? I'm not sure how criminals would benefit from this, aside from people using better weapons than an AR-15 for home defense :p

I think he's talking about thieves stealing this ammo from homes to sell on the black market.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 8 2015 12:51pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 8 2015 01:44pm)
I think he's talking about thieves stealing this ammo from homes to sell on the black market.

Oh. My buddy has big tin cans full of it that you have to open with a special can opener thing. I wouldn't recommend breaking in to his home though, last time I was there he showed me this amazing shotgun from Belgium that was only like 18 inches long and held a ton of slugs. Amazing piece really.
Gold: 7,526.30
Mar 8 2015 01:10pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 8 2015 01:40pm)
By criminals do you mean the munitions productions industry? I'm not sure how criminals would benefit from this,

There would still be a demand for the bullets. A restriction on supply drives up prices, making it a more lucrative trade.
Only people breaking the law (i.e. 'criminals') would sell them. This could involve stealing them as Santara suggested. Someone who already breaks other laws is more likely to get in on these sort of things.
We see this happening in the drug trade(both script and illicit), prohibition, and with various other black market products.

People turning to alternative options for guns and bullets is also a valid piece of the puzzle that would dry up some of the potential business, but probably not wipe it out completely.

Only "criminals" would use them too. Because only they deserve to be able to protect themselves according to the policies of your Barack-O-buddies in Washington.
Law abiding citizens would be deprived of their effective ammunition of choice.

aside from people using better weapons than an AR-15 for home defense :p

I need sum o' that shotgun blast ya hear'? Spray the whole room and blow a hole the size of india in anyone in front of me when im not illegally shootin' wildly in the air.

Oh family members are nearby? and I dont want to redecorate my home to be more Holy than it already is? Sometimes I would need more than a few shots?
Whats that? People's environment, body types, and homes vastly differ making different types of firearms viable for self-defense in different situations? And the AR-15 is one of the more versatile and efficient options? Too bad, our supreme leaders know best. One size fits all. Two color options tho: Orange or Black.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Mar 8 2015 01:11pm
Mar 8 2015 01:27pm
I wouldn't characterize the AR-15 as ideal for home defense. First, it's a "long gun" being used in close quarters. Second, the high muzzle velocity guarantees that the rounds that fail to find their mark in the opponent will easily pass through walls to possibly strike what you don't know is on the other side of.
Gold: 22,720.48
Mar 8 2015 01:43pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 8 2015 02:27pm)
I wouldn't characterize the AR-15 as ideal for home defense. First, it's a "long gun" being used in close quarters. Second, the high muzzle velocity guarantees that the rounds that fail to find their mark in the opponent will easily pass through walls to possibly strike what you don't know is on the other side of.

They make rounds specifically for home defense. It is actually ideal for home defense due to the ease of use, weight, capacity and accuracy. There's also the whole "OMG MILITARY GUNS ARE SCARY" psychological factor that comes into play as well.
Mar 8 2015 01:49pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Mar 8 2015 01:43pm)
They make rounds specifically for home defense. It is actually ideal for home defense due to the ease of use, weight, capacity and accuracy. There's also the whole "OMG MILITARY GUNS ARE SCARY" psychological factor that comes into play as well.

Isn't frangible ammo not for sale to the general public?
Gold: 285.00
Mar 8 2015 02:00pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 8 2015 02:10pm)
I need sum o' that shotgun blast ya hear'? Spray the whole room and blow a hole the size of india in anyone in front of me when im not illegally shootin' wildly in the air.

Oh family members are nearby? and I dont want to redecorate my home to be more Holy than it already is? Sometimes I would need more than a few shots?
Whats that? People's environment, body types, and homes vastly differ making different types of firearms viable for self-defense in different situations? And the AR-15 is one of the more versatile and efficient options? Too bad, our supreme leaders know best. One size fits all. Two color options tho: Orange or Black.

Lol, a rifle meant for long range isn't ideal for home defense, no matter how many amateurs tell you otherwise. Go to any cops home and you'll find a pistol for home defense. Or wait for your balls to drop and join the military for some training, and they will tell you when in close quarters use your M9 pistol.

When you're defending your home you don't want to use low caliber long-range ammo that is designed to wound people to tie up as much enemy support as possible in an engagement...plus you can't even hit somebody with your little AR-15, it would explode into a dozen pieces of cheap plastic.

They're great for what they're meant for, accuracy from long-range, but most people aren't shooting people 30m out in their homes.

Get a pistol, you're going to get killed with all that compensation.
Gold: 22,720.48
Mar 8 2015 02:04pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 8 2015 03:00pm)
Lol, a rifle meant for long range isn't ideal for home defense, no matter how many amateurs tell you otherwise. Go to any cops home and you'll find a pistol for home defense. Or wait for your balls to drop and join the military for some training, and they will tell you when in close quarters use your M9 pistol.

When you're defending your home you don't want to use low caliber long-range ammo that is designed to wound people to tie up as much enemy support as possible in an engagement...plus you can't even hit somebody with your little AR-15, it would explode into a dozen pieces of cheap plastic.

They're great for what they're meant for, accuracy from long-range, but most people aren't shooting people 30m out in their homes.

Get a pistol, you're going to get killed with all that compensation.

Yet the AR-15 has been used in many home invasion attempts, quite successfully and often praised for it's versatility for home defense. :bonk:
If you can't hit someone with an AR-15, what makes you think they're going to ever hit someone with a pistol?

Quote (Santara @ Mar 8 2015 02:49pm)
Isn't frangible ammo not for sale to the general public?

News to me. I've had no issue buying it, not that I ever keep more than a box at a time.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Mar 8 2015 02:08pm
Gold: 0.76
Mar 8 2015 02:22pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 8 Mar 2015 15:04)
Yet the AR-15 has been used in many home invasion attempts, quite successfully and often praised for it's versatility for home defense. :bonk:
If you can't hit someone with an AR-15, what makes you think they're going to ever hit someone with a pistol?

News to me. I've had no issue buying it, not that I ever keep more than a box at a time.

I guess for me it's just a matter of locking the rifles in the gun cabinet but the pistol fits in my night stand drawer very nicely. Maybe a carbine with a bayonet then you might not have to discharge the gun just lower the weapon give a battle cry, and I'll bet almost any thief will crap his pants.. :lol:
Gold: 7,526.30
Mar 8 2015 02:26pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 8 2015 03:00pm)

Home defense is not always close quarters.
Nor are people who are issued a handgun that they train with and carry everyday for their job an all-encompassing representation of US citizens. Nor do all cops exclusively own Handguns for home defense as you tried bullshitting us with.

There are plenty of reasons and situations where an AR-15 is better than a handgun for home defense. Some of these were already outlined and alluded to in Arsenic's post and in mine.
lmk when you learn to read.

Most people would be far more accurate with an AR-15(Physics FTW). It would be better vs multiple intruders. Magazine capacity in case you miss. The psychological component that is better at scaring off intruders. etc etc.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Mar 8 2015 02:28pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567811Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll