d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ar-15 Ammo Ban > Constitutional Or Not?
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Mar 10 2015 03:59pm
Quote (Tylr @ Mar 10 2015 04:52pm)
If I remember correctly, that rifle is not much heavier than my 5.56
The Nemo pratka (pretty much the same thing, lower price and just black) weighs 9.5 pounds. That's not a huge difference for such a difference in power.

but yeah still heavy.

My buddy taught tactical shooting at a range here and said that most people are exhausted after being on the course shooting for just a couple minutes. He showed me how the pros carry and shoot, and I must say as a traditional shooting type (lift, aim, exhale, squeeze) it looks like it would require quite a bit of practice to carry a gun like that and actually hit stuff. My buddy however can shoot from the hip pretty well :p I seen him fire an AK from the hip, upside down, with a pinky tap, and hit the target. No military or police training. It is fun to watch but I have more important thing to do than practice shooting all the time :lol:

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 10 2015 04:00pm
Gold: 1,382.83
Mar 10 2015 04:12pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 10 2015 05:59pm)
My buddy taught tactical shooting at a range here and said that most people are exhausted after being on the course shooting for just a couple minutes. He showed me how the pros carry and shoot, and I must say as a traditional shooting type (lift, aim, exhale, squeeze) it looks like it would require quite a bit of practice to carry a gun like that and actually hit stuff. My buddy however can shoot from the hip pretty well :p I seen him fire an AK from the hip, upside down, with a pinky tap, and hit the target. No military or police training. It is fun to watch but I have more important thing to do than practice shooting all the time :lol:

Maybe they should just mount it to the back of a pickup

I was weighing my rifle yesterday just out of curiosity, and it's very close to exactly 8 pounds (may be slightly more/less) with no ammo in the mag and scope attached, which feels pretty damn heavy after a while. Let alone with a full mag (but im unfit as shit)
I'm sure that the rifle in the video would wear you the hell out, but really, outside of some military obedience and conditioning shit, holding it in firing position for extended periods of time just seems useless.
I'm sure it'd also be utilized in prone position more so

Mar 10 2015 04:25pm
Quote (Tylr @ Mar 10 2015 05:12pm)
Maybe they should just mount it to the back of a pickup

I was weighing my rifle yesterday just out of curiosity, and it's very close to exactly 8 pounds (may be slightly more/less) with no ammo in the mag and scope attached, which feels pretty damn heavy after a while. Let alone with a full mag (but im unfit as shit)
I'm sure that the rifle in the video would wear you the hell out, but really, outside of some military obedience and conditioning shit, holding it in firing position for extended periods of time just seems useless.
I'm sure it'd also be utilized in prone position more so

True. Truth is that guns are toys for big kids in America, unless you committing crimes with them...then they're how you make your living :p

Something like that is definitely not useful for home defense, unless you live in Cambodia circa 1970.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 10 2015 04:26pm
Mar 10 2015 04:38pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 10 2015 06:25pm)
True. Truth is that guns are toys for big kids in America, unless you committing crimes with them...then they're how you make your living :p

Something like that is definitely not useful for home defense, unless you live in Cambodia circa 1970.

Useful for hunting, though way overpriced and unnecessary for such a thing.
And for giving a big 'fuck you' to anti-gun people
And just incase shit goes down

Really a rifle like that just seems to be made for people who want guns incase of another civil war or something.
Every other use it is just overkill and overpriced. It can be effectively used in tons of situations, but unless it's some war type shit..It's just over the top.
Mar 10 2015 04:41pm
Quote (Tylr @ Mar 10 2015 05:38pm)
Useful for hunting, though way overpriced and unnecessary for such a thing.
And for giving a big 'fuck you' to anti-gun people
And just incase shit goes down

Really a rifle like that just seems to be made for people who want guns incase of another civil war or something.
Every other use it is just overkill and overpriced. It can be effectively used in tons of situations, but unless it's some war type shit..It's just over the top.

They're good for a lot of fun, I'll tell you that. But like fireworks you have to be careful and don't play with the toys alone because these toys are dangerous.
Mar 10 2015 05:31pm
Here is the last gun I got to shoot:

Drum held over 70 rounds. It was pretty heavy. Heavier than the AK 74 and 94 that was there. The 94 had a collapsible stock and turned out to be very small.

The thing in the picture was shooting .308s. Pic didn't turn out very clear. Men love their toys lol. Thing gave the business too.

That thing was pieces in a box until the guy holding it machined it and assembled it. It is a hobby I can't really afford, so I kind of piggy back on when I can.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 10 2015 05:33pm
Mar 10 2015 06:19pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 10 2015 07:31pm)
Here is the last gun I got to shoot:

http://i58.tinypic.com/zja4o1.jpg

Drum held over 70 rounds. It was pretty heavy. Heavier than the AK 74 and 94 that was there. The 94 had a collapsible stock and turned out to be very small.

The thing in the picture was shooting .308s. Pic didn't turn out very clear. Men love their toys lol. Thing gave the business too.

That thing was pieces in a box until the guy holding it machined it and assembled it. It is a hobby I can't really afford, so I kind of piggy back on when I can.

I have a 100 round drum, I've only filled it to about 40 or so rounds
but it definitely starts getting heavy at that point lol
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll