d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > To Those That Argue Against Stem Cell Research > Thank You
Prev167891020Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 678.00
Oct 10 2014 06:46pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 11 Oct 2014 02:39)
...I would not support presumed consent . The possibility of misuse and abuse is far too great .

How do you figure?

The law of presumed constent was voted in Belgium at the end of the 80s (if I remember correctly). I'm not aware of any scandals with it.

Btw, people do have the ability to opt out, if they so desire. They just have to do so before they die (or I think close family members could also oppose organharvesting after the death of the person).

Gold: 171.76
Oct 10 2014 06:47pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 10 2014 08:28pm)
Living? But separate from the mother? An identifiably independent being? an entity? Or simply a parasite? A clump of cells that cannot be said to be anything but a lump of organic matter?

Quote (Santara @ Oct 10 2014 08:27pm)
Are you one of the retards that has to have "living" defined for you? You can't figure out that the clump of cells is not dead? No religious preferences needed to figure that out. Alive? Yes. Human? That too. A fetus is simply a stage in growth for a living human entity. I mean, it's not a fucking elephant, Phil. Do you need science to explain that one for you too?

I don't need a parasite / clump of tissue described to me.

Oct 10 2014 06:49pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Oct 10 2014 08:46pm)
How do you figure?

The law of presumed constent was voted in Belgium at the end of the 80s (if I remember correctly). I'm not aware of any scandals with it.

Btw, people do have the ability to opt out, if they so desire. They just have to do so before they die (or I think close family members could also oppose organharvesting after the death of the person).

You're trying to ARGUE logic with someone that doesn't have any...he wanted to vote for a guy who tried telling his fellow Americans that because the Netherlands allows for assisted suicide that they were basically euthanize the old and feeble and invalids....the worst part is im sure there's some in America that actually believed it was true.
Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 10 2014 06:52pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 10 2014 08:41pm)
Our differences continue to escalate. Several times I have offered to break the circle, I have offered apologies and extended my hand in friendship toward you and each time you have refused it. We are where we are now because you are incapable of forgiveness.

I'm bored Widow. I'm literally f******g sick and tired of having to go through the same f*****g dance all the time. Same shit different day - just worse each time.

But my post wasn't only directed at you. It was directed at PaRD in general. Every thread turns into an exercise in mudslinging and intellectual oneupmanship. People trying to bring eachother down or prove how clever they are or how much bigger their dick is than everyone whose opinion differs from theirs.

This shit goes on all over GC but here - in PaRD can we not just be civil to one another? Have a discussion or a debate without having to insult, belittle and deride our opponents?

I'm as guilty as any other. But I say here and now - I am tired of it. From here on out PaRD is holy ground to me. I will do my utmost to conduct myself in a mature and gentlemanly manner. What goes on elsewhere I shan't bring in here and while in here I will not provoke, deride, insult or harass.

...bullshit...for the past couple of years you have called me a predator and a pedophile and encouraged others to do so and you have gone out of your way to attack Chant ; you are hostile and in my opinion evil and now topped off by expressing your desire to kill me . You and only you are responsible for the persona you have created . Your appeal to my emotions is wasted .
Oct 10 2014 06:54pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 10 2014 08:19pm)
I think that humans on every stage of development are worthy of legal protection.

Pretty simple, right?

Sometimes Jack expresses my thoughts better than I can.  :D

hopefully you've never masturbated into a tissue then....
Oct 10 2014 06:55pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Oct 10 2014 08:52pm)
...bullshit...for the past couple of years you have called me a predator and a pedophile and encouraged others to do so  and you have gone out of your way to attack Chant ; you are hostile and in my opinion evil and now topped off by expressing your desire to kill me . You and only you are responsible for the persona you have created . Your appeal to my emotions is wasted .

LOL @ you calling ANYONE else evil...

you are a predator... although a pedophile isn't an accurate term, you do enjoy preying on young women who have issues.

YOU and only YOU are responsible for your image as such...
Gold: 1,272.50
Oct 10 2014 06:55pm
Quote (Scaly @ 10 Oct 2014 17:41)
Our differences continue to escalate. Several times I have offered to break the circle, I have offered apologies and extended my hand in friendship toward you and each time you have refused it. We are where we are now because you are incapable of forgiveness.

I'm bored Widow. I'm literally fucking sick and tired of having to go through the same fucking dance all the time. Same shit different day - just worse each time.

So that makes it okay to "escalate" it to Death Threats?

Put yourself in my situation concerning Widow and I, but I would never steep down that low...

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Oct 10 2014 06:56pm
Oct 10 2014 06:58pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Oct 10 2014 08:55pm)
So that makes it okay to "escalate" it to Death Threats?

Put yourself in my situation concerning Widow and I, but I would never steep down that low...

death threats are never ok, but he is a manipulative master of pushing peoples buttons, and he does it intentionally so he can try and play the moral high card later....

Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 10 2014 06:59pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Oct 10 2014 08:46pm)
How do you figure?

...we are far too different a culture for it to be workable; in America a similar law would prey on the uneducated , the uninformed and the poor . I fully support organ donation and have marked myself for donor status on my driver's license but I only support it in it's current voluntary opt in status . Giving the government the right to the remains of the dead reeks of goverment control to me .
Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2014 07:03pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 11 Oct 2014 00:52)
...bullshit...for the past couple of years you have called me a predator and a pedophile and encouraged others to do so  and you have gone out of your way to attack Chant ; you are hostile and in my opinion evil and now topped off by expressing your desire to kill me . You and only you are responsible for the persona you have created . Your appeal to my emotions is wasted .

I didn't like your attitude or your opinions. I still don't.

I'm not asking for you to come over and have cake. I'm just asking for basic civility here in PaRD.

It's a great place for good conversation on interesting, exciting and thought-provoking issues. I just feel it gets ruined often by people being consistently aggressive, condescending and derisive to one another.

That's it. I think both of us would prefer PaRD be kept clear of this kind of nonsense... I don't want an alliance. I hate you and everything about you. I don't mean to say that as an insult... it's just how I feel. I'm sure you feel the same. All I'm asking is a ceasefire inside PaRD. Everywhere else - fair game. It's fun in GC tbh. I just feel it genuinely gets in the way of decent conversations that could be had here in PaRD.

Regardless of what you do - I will conduct myself as well as I possibly can here in PaRD. I hope you'll join me. As much as I dislike you I am genuinely interested in your opinions and motivations for those opinions. They are often so alien to me I can't help but be fascinated by them.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891020Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll