d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > To Those That Argue Against Stem Cell Research > Thank You
Prev15678920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 10 2014 06:27pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 10 2014 07:23pm)
Living in what way? because a vegetable hooked up to life support machines is still technically "Living" by your religious standards...

In the real world...people understand that a fetus is not a human being.

Are you one of the retards that has to have "living" defined for you? You can't figure out that the clump of cells is not dead? No religious preferences needed to figure that out. Alive? Yes. Human? That too. A fetus is simply a stage in growth for a living human entity. I mean, it's not a fucking elephant, Phil. Do you need science to explain that one for you too?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2014 06:28pm
Quote (Santara @ 11 Oct 2014 00:27)
Are you one of the retards that has to have "living" defined for you? You can't figure out that the clump of cells is not dead? No religious preferences needed to figure that out. Alive? Yes. Human? That too. A fetus is simply a stage in growth for a living human entity. I mean, it's not a fucking elephant, Phil. Do you need science to explain that one for you too?

Living? But separate from the mother? An identifiably independent being? an entity? Or simply a parasite? A clump of cells that cannot be said to be anything but a lump of organic matter?

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 10 2014 06:30pm
Gold: 678.00
Oct 10 2014 06:30pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 11 Oct 2014 02:20)
...I have no problems with stem cell research ; I have moral objections to the use of fetal tissue of any kind unless the sample is used only for the health and survival of the fetus involved .

Quote (Santara @ 11 Oct 2014 02:20)
None from me. As a matter of fact, W authorized federal funding for stem cell research so long as the sources were already established and not new lines drawn from killing more fetuses.

Fair enough.

What if the foetus wasn't viable to begin with? OK to harvest cells then?

For instance, in Belgium there is presumed consent for organ donation. Meaning that if you die, it is assumed that you did not object to having your organs used for transplants if you did not register as NOT wanting to be an organdonor.

So let's say a foetus is doomed to perish, would you object to it's cells being harvested?
Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 10 2014 06:30pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 10 2014 08:26pm)
Their is none. Computer science and an academic qualification were never part of the claim I made about the intelligence of PaRD users.

Fuck are you talking about? What bed? Lol. I'm comfortable with the friends I have here and if you want to continue being an arrogant, condescending dick to me then feel free. I simply expressed a sense of exhaustion at the constant hostilities. Since I got here you have done nothing but be an arse to me.

...just last week you sent a PM to a friend of mine expressing your desire to kill me , I will treat you accordingly .
Gold: 1,272.50
Oct 10 2014 06:33pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 10 Oct 2014 17:30)
...just last week you sent a PM to a friend of mine expressing your desire to kill me , I will treat you accordingly .

Wait, did he really?

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Oct 10 2014 06:33pm
Oct 10 2014 06:34pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Oct 10 2014 08:30pm)
Fair enough.

What if the foetus wasn't viable to begin with? OK to harvest cells then?

For instance, in Belgium there is presumed consent for organ donation. Meaning that if you die, it is assumed that you did not object to having your organs used for transplants if you did not register as NOT wanting to be an organdonor.

So let's say a foetus is doomed to perish, would you object to it's cells being harvested?

...I do not want fetal cells harvested and used at all no matter the condition of the fetus . Our donor program is of course different in that we have to opt in .
Oct 10 2014 06:36pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Oct 10 2014 08:33pm)
Wait, did he really?

...of course he did , that's why I said it . Death threats are not new to me on these forums but since I have him blocked he sent it to someone else .
Gold: 678.00
Oct 10 2014 06:36pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 11 Oct 2014 02:34)
...I do not want fetal cells harvested and used at all no matter the condition of the fetus . Our donor program is of course different in that we have to opt in .

Seems a bit wasteful, tbh. "Waste not, want not", as they say :)

If the foetus is dead or dying anyway...

Are you also opposed to the notion of presumed consent for organ donation?
Oct 10 2014 06:39pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Oct 10 2014 08:36pm)
Seems a bit wasteful, tbh. "Waste not, want not", as they say :)

If the foetus is dead or dying anyway...

Are you also opposed to the notion of presumed consent for organ donation?

...I would not support presumed consent . The possibility of misuse and abuse is far too great .
Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2014 06:41pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 11 Oct 2014 00:30)

Our differences continue to escalate. Several times I have offered to break the circle, I have offered apologies and extended my hand in friendship toward you and each time you have refused it. We are where we are now because you are incapable of forgiveness.

I'm bored Widow. I'm literally fucking sick and tired of having to go through the same fucking dance all the time. Same shit different day - just worse each time.

But my post wasn't only directed at you. It was directed at PaRD in general. Every thread turns into an exercise in mudslinging and intellectual oneupmanship. People trying to bring eachother down or prove how clever they are or how much bigger their dick is than everyone whose opinion differs from theirs.

This shit goes on all over GC but here - in PaRD can we not just be civil to one another? Have a discussion or a debate without having to insult, belittle and deride our opponents?

I'm as guilty as any other. But I say here and now - I am tired of it. From here on out PaRD is holy ground to me. I will do my utmost to conduct myself in a mature and gentlemanly manner. What goes on elsewhere I shan't bring in here and while in here I will not provoke, deride, insult or harass.

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 10 2014 06:42pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll