d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > The Decline Of The Ls Population
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,272.50
Sep 10 2014 10:22am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 10 Sep 2014 09:20)
Making fg is depended on luck and for a new player, it's a big shot in the dark.

Anyone who plays LS for an extended period of time spends at least 100fg on a vault a month and most people who play consistently run 50 item plus vaults to it goes to 200fg.

And you can sell items for fg, but the low to medium market is pretty much dead due to how small the playerbase is. And most high end items only get sold every now and then and on hardcore, it's actually a big thing if someone is selling their gear cause most people have their gear rotting on their account, me included.

If you want to flourish in LS, you will lose forum gold most likely or maybe break even. Unless you don't want to always upgrade your gear. That's why most current players now play PoE, they get the fg they need for their big vaults and buy items that are available to buy.

You really shouldn't speak about a game you don't have much experience in.

Well I'll be damned. I really want to start playing now! :lol:

Edit: I believe you are just a depressed LS player (not trying to flame you) but your attitude about the game doesn't seem very happy :P I believe you do not represent the majority of the LS playerbase imo.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Sep 10 2014 10:26am
Gold: 7,863.56
Sep 10 2014 10:28am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 10 2014 01:17pm)
I havn't played it in forever, but the last time I did I posted a couple site suggestions and got shunned down by the community and a Junior Moderator.  I believe I made a topic suggesting that we could stack items...

That's why I quit.

But for your answer,

WidowMaker_MK sold some item about 2 weeks ago for like 5k fg though..  How much are MP / Vault fee's?

Stacking items would defeat the purpose of both the vault and the Equipment capability of the playing characters.

There is a huge difference between being ''shunned'' and being shown how erroneous your thinking may have been.

All items being sold through the MP are subject to a 5% fee, payable by the seller.

If an item is placed on MP for less than 20 fg, the fee is deducted at the time of the sale.
If the item is priced at 20 fg or higher, the fee is deducted when the item is placed on the MP

EDIT:

Regarding your diatribe directed at sir_lance_bb :

You would be well advised to pay attention to any comments he makes.

He is one of the mainstays of this game

This post was edited by Paparick on Sep 10 2014 10:33am
Gold: 8.00
Sep 10 2014 10:30am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 10 2014 11:22am)
Well I'll be damned. I really want to start playing now! :lol:

Edit: I believe you are just a depressed LS player (not trying to flame you) but your attitude about the game doesn't seem very happy :P  I believe you do not represent the majority of the LS playerbase imo.

u sure do know about ladder slasher with ur whole 100 kills LOL just stfu please u obvsly dont know much of the game
Sep 10 2014 10:35am
Quote (SkillShotGG @ 10 Sep 2014 09:07)
The idea of the marketplace is mainly what i've seen draw people attention. I agree very much it's a transparent game and the difficult part is when you need expensive items to progress. There needs to be more thought into the game regarding progression and overall play-ableness. It's really difficult to play the game in it's current state; I really like the game itself, it has a lot of potential. Only think is, is that it needs to have more thought put into it so it appeals to more of a widespread community not just people on jsp who have the money for it.

(Edit): Not only that but if LS was developed further and they created a group of developers for this game, not only will it get bigger but it can attract people to the d2jsp forums who are interested in this sort of 3rd party website trading for econ based games.

I agree 100% with this. I believe the game has huge potential in and outside of d2jsp as well. The only thing holding it back to becoming viral or big is the combat and gameplay. If only could Paul make it so it feels like a action rpg where we point and move our character and click stuff to attack it. (Use attack speed, use evasion mechanics, use dodge) do a top-down action rpg style look instead of just the mindlssy clicking on random mobs and moving through a maze. I think that is what is holding the game to be at it's full potential.

Paul already has coded a lot of great features for LS:

Item Vault, Cooking, Marketplace, Transmuting, PVP Arena, Skills, Sounds, Art-work (he can get more artwork on his new engine if he makes one easily from the community here).

Which all of this is fine and dandy, but brings me back to my main point. The combat and gameplay is what is holding it back. It should be a top-down actionRPG type gameplay. Just like on D2, KingsRoad, PathofExile, D3.

The best type of example I can give is KingsRoad because it is Coded in Flash just like LS:

If Paul were to do some type of combat like this (Obviously not this extreme as this game was made by a full studio and Paul is a 1 man show) it would help LS a lot and gain a lot more popularity.
Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 10 2014 10:36am
I love the game. We cried about things being to easy, now there's things that cant be done and thats a challenge. What many always fail to realize is if the old muting hadn't been taken away the games economy would have been ruined at this point. those players didn't play and love the game they were here for profit which showed when the change happened they left instantly. As far as investing in a set up and an update kills it well that's a chance we take in every game we play and it will always be like that. A change or update will never please everyone. We do have communication with the creator; in no other game we have that. And Paul does listen which has been shown at times within the updates. But Kevin is right about the negative stuff; no one would want to keep working at it with all the bs that comes his way. UA can't say anything, look how fast Paul corrected our mm attempts with the bugs giving no points. Just one example and there was communication with that too. Ls will never be or compete with other games we play, it's a simple 2d flash based hack and slash. Love it or leave it.

I feel more people would play and come back if someone would ban Rex from making suggestion topics.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Sep 10 2014 10:43am
Sep 10 2014 10:38am
Quote (Paparick @ 10 Sep 2014 09:28)
Stacking items would defeat the purpose of both the vault and the Equipment capability of the playing characters.

There is a huge difference between being ''shunned'' and being shown how erroneous your thinking may have been.

All items being sold through the MP are subject to a 5% fee, payable by the seller.

If an item is placed on MP for less than 20 fg, the fee is deducted at the time of the sale.
If the item is priced at 20 fg or higher, the fee is deducted when the item is placed on the MP

EDIT:

Regarding your diatribe directed at sir_lance_bb  :

You would be well advised to pay attention to any comments he makes.

He is one of the mainstays of this game

Yeah because offering ideas and suggestions for a game automatically means it's "erroneous". Give me a break.

Yeah better tell me my post above is a bunch of bullshit too. Everything I say is "erroneous" in the Ladder Slasher forum, I guess, because we're playing on your dirt. That's part of this community's problem, not mine.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Sep 10 2014 10:39am
Sep 10 2014 10:39am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Sep 10 2014 11:36am)
I love the game.  We cried about things being to easy, now there's things that cant be done and thats a challenge.  What many always fail to realize is if the old muting hadn't been taken away the games economy would have been ruined at this point.  those players didn't play and love the game they were here for profit which showed when the change happened that left instantly. As far as investing in a set up and an update kills it well that's a chance we take in every game we play and it will always be like that.  A change or update will never please everyone.  We do have communication with the creator; in no other game we have that. 

I feel more people would play and come back if someone would ban Rex from making suggestion topics.

soo very true and :rofl: at the suggestion topics :lol:
Gold: 7,863.56
Sep 10 2014 10:40am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Sep 10 2014 01:36pm)

No way -- we need his suggestions.
Sure -- most of them may be nothing but gravel, but once in a while there is the glitter of a golden nugget
The gravel we can use as comedic relief :)

Quote (supersage @ Sep 10 2014 01:43pm)
do we really need him making stupid suggestions tho i mean really? paul obvsly dont care about the game so whats the point of all his suggestions not like its worth a fuck

I direct you towards Kevin's post in this topic:

Moving forward you are entitled to your opinions about the game and that is fine, but please remember to keep these opinions ABOUT THE GAME and not personal attacks towards Paul, nothing will be gained from this.

This post was edited by Paparick on Sep 10 2014 10:46am
Sep 10 2014 10:43am
Quote (Paparick @ Sep 10 2014 11:40am)
No way -- we need his suggestions.
Sure -- most of them may be nothing but gravel, but once in a while there is the glitter of a golden nugget
The gravel we can use as comedic relief :)

do we really need him making stupid suggestions tho i mean really? paul obvsly dont care about the game so whats the point of all his suggestions not like its worth a fuck

edit this is for rick telling me to look at kevins post not sure what u are trying to get at everything i have said is true i play the game either way good or bad update i could fucken careless but AS THE DAYS GO ON nothing is being done about this game and people are selling out and what not this game will more then likly be dead soon i would imagine

This post was edited by supersage on Sep 10 2014 10:51am
Gold: 11,950.57
Sep 10 2014 10:50am
Quote (supersage @ Sep 10 2014 10:43am)

don't be a jerk rex is one of the nicest guys I know and helped me get started back in 2008 when I wanted to play ls

Now on to the subject of the topic, I feel like the best option for this game is for paul to go back to communicating with the players again. I do understand that some of the players can be malicious or hardheaded but for most of us we just want to see this game thrive and do well so we can have as many people to play with as possible.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll