d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > The Decline Of The Ls Population
Prev1234517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,888.92
Sep 10 2014 10:01am
Quote (Kevin @ Sep 10 2014 07:39am)
The user actually doesn't have any warn. I have corrected the issue with one of my staff members and even tho I consider the post "borderline" (due to the personal attack type content) it's not worthy of a warn.

One thing you guys need to realize is that if you truly want to inspire change within your game and community is stop being so negative. Every change and update brings multiple complaints and continual negative feedback. Yes you may have had your favorite parts of the game modified or removed but you fail to see the bigger picture. Without such changes the bigger ideas and bigger picture will not be able to come to light. Open your minds and instead of continually complaining maybe show some appreciation.

You complain about the updates being few and far between, but put yourself in his shoes. Would you be motivated to work on something where you literally put thousands and thousands of hours into only to have it finally completed, published and then criticized and belittled? I'm not saying he is completely unmotivated with LS but I can assure you that you will have better results with positive enforcement rather than always resorting to the idea that he doesn't do this or that due to his bottom line, it's complete bullshit.

Moving forward you are entitled to your opinions about the game and that is fine, but please remember to keep these opinions ABOUT THE GAME and not personal attacks towards Paul, nothing will be gained from this.

If you're telling us to complain less and see the game from his perspective, i think he should do the same.

The main reason why we complain about the game is because there's no transparency or progress on the game itself. The creator of the game has his own agenda no matter if it ruins the community base or not. If he wants us to 'trust' him for us to see the bigger picture, he needs to show us or at leAst give us some type of picture to conclude to.

Right now, all we see is updates that will never happen, sooner or later there will be no one left to play.
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 10 2014 10:05am
Quote (Z3RG @ Sep 10 2014 10:46am)
The item hoarding is the only problem i see in the game. thats pretty much it. Someone that has extreme leveling items seems they can level and do more MQ's then 1 person not having to good gear.

I can see the population of the game rising again if Arena was back or all the items got nerf'd or replaced. Idk. I'm just stating my thoughts on it.

Edit: for example, I was able to do only 1 Master quest per day few weeks ago. i did 9? 1 per day in part 4-5 hours per run because I had medicore gear. No disrespect to U.A
They have strong gear. They deserve it, they have the forum gold to buy it So forth they can do on average? lets say? 5 runs a day?
They would have a better chance to reset ladder or get to alch vs my 1 a day.

Edit again:
On HC i can see it even be much harder with cata having little gear vs no gear at all.

Hoarding the gear isn't the problem. The problem is not as many play before and there is no feasible way to obtain items without getting fg through other means and then buying items.

You can't play this game and obtain gear through the game alone. You could mute but that would take you a year or more for a potential return on investment of time.

The people aren't getting rid of their gear on HC because forum gold itself has pretty much no value to anyone. A lot of the people who played the game have moved on, as do people with all games.

Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2014 10:07am
The idea of the marketplace is mainly what i've seen draw people attention. I agree very much it's a transparent game and the difficult part is when you need expensive items to progress. There needs to be more thought into the game regarding progression and overall play-ableness. It's really difficult to play the game in it's current state; I really like the game itself, it has a lot of potential. Only think is, is that it needs to have more thought put into it so it appeals to more of a widespread community not just people on jsp who have the money for it.

(Edit): Not only that but if LS was developed further and they created a group of developers for this game, not only will it get bigger but it can attract people to the d2jsp forums who are interested in this sort of 3rd party website trading for econ based games.

This post was edited by SkillShotGG on Sep 10 2014 10:09am
Gold: 0.93
Sep 10 2014 10:09am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 10 Sep 2014 12:05)
Hoarding the gear isn't the problem. The problem is not as many play before and there is no feasible way to obtain items without getting fg through other means and then buying items.

You can't play this game and obtain gear through the game alone. You could mute but that would take you a year or more for a potential return on investment of time.

The people aren't getting rid of their gear on HC because forum gold itself has pretty much no value to anyone. A lot of the people who played the game have moved on, as do people with all games.

You're right. I misspoke. And after reading braxton11 post few things did come to mine.
I remember buying a dex/LS item and it being worth crap. Did frustrate me but it didn't make me quit.

Just the way I see it in my eyes now.
Going in cata games and such. Idk.
Gold: 122,930.90
Trader: Trusted
Sep 10 2014 10:13am
the main problem is just the missing communication. this is a forum.. the main reason of existance is the communication. paul needs to communicate more with us.. and a big part of communication is also listening to your speaking partner.
paul doesnt play much, therefore he doesnt have the biggest idea of how his changes change the game. the best choice would be a team of reliable slashers, that help him to balance the game in a better way.

easy example:
arena (no i dont want to try to get the old arena back):
the way it is at the moment is just ridiculous. the pvp arena is simply stupid. pvp wont work at ls. pvp doesnt need to come to ls.. the solo part should be improved <-- at this point there have been a lot of changes (great ones.. which paul did and listened to the community, like solo quests, more solo exp)
next example:
masteries.. pretty stupid as well.. need to be rebalanced to have a real effect on the game.. heal mastery was simply destroyed and is near to useless now.. when it was a decent mod (not great! just decent)

there are also some ideas to improve the economy as well, which would satisfy a lot people and bring even more to the game as well.

easy solution to improve the game and make the community more satisfied: talk to us, or better WITH us, paul.
Gold: 1,272.50
Sep 10 2014 10:13am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 10 Sep 2014 00:41)
Paul lost this game when he removed the old muting system and when he also removed Arena.
He dont want to communicate with anyone about ideas any longer because all the negative feedback he've gotten in the past.

The ppl who was still playing he lost from giving everyone the chance of getin a good deal on the Vault.
But he realized that he gave away too much and he took that away from everyone and he lost 75% of hc players on doin this.

He's too stubborn and dont give a flying fuck.

For us who still play thou we are still waiting for that "big update is yet to come" to actually come..

Pauls income was from this game before, today its all from poker and ppl making donations to get higher stars.
Theres no reason for him to update this game, all he does is clicking that reset button once a year for sc pretty much.

This game was pretty much made to make fg disappear from the forums.

About your question "will there ever be inc...."

No it wont. It will still be the same as today.
It will always run slow when PoE has its resets because ppl play that game to be able to afford playing this game pretty much.

Unless Paul change his mind ofc.

Lol, no it's not.

How was the game made to make FG disappear from the forums when you can sell items FOR FG? That doesn't make sense.

The game itself just needs an update in my opinion. It should be made more of a KingsRoad type of combat, not just point and click. There should be some type of action rpg feel to it. I'm sure Paul is well aware, but time is most likely the problem.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Sep 10 2014 10:15am
Gold: 482.43
Sep 10 2014 10:14am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 10 2014 09:13am)
Lol, no it's not. 

How was the game made to make FG disappear from the forums when you can sell items FOR FG? That doesn't make sense.

mp fees and vault fees. explained.
Gold: 3,327.41
Sep 10 2014 10:16am
Game needs consistent updates and information.

A lot for one person to handle.
Gold: 1,272.50
Sep 10 2014 10:17am
Quote (klinezerokilla @ 10 Sep 2014 09:14)
mp fees and vault fees. explained.

I havn't played it in forever, but the last time I did I posted a couple site suggestions and got shunned down by the community and a Junior Moderator. I believe I made a topic suggesting that we could stack items...

That's why I quit.

But for your answer,

WidowMaker_MK sold some item about 2 weeks ago for like 5k fg though.. How much are MP / Vault fee's?
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 10 2014 10:20am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 10 2014 11:13am)
Lol, no it's not. 

Making fg is depended on luck and for a new player, it's a big shot in the dark.

Anyone who plays LS for an extended period of time spends at least 100fg on a vault a month and most people who play consistently run 50 item plus vaults to it goes to 200fg.

And you can sell items for fg, but the low to medium market is pretty much dead due to how small the playerbase is. And most high end items only get sold every now and then and on hardcore, it's actually a big thing if someone is selling their gear cause most people have their gear rotting on their account, me included.

If you want to flourish in LS, you will lose forum gold most likely or maybe break even. Unless you don't want to always upgrade your gear. That's why most current players now play PoE, they get the fg they need for their big vaults and buy items that are available to buy.

You really shouldn't speak about a game you don't have much experience in.

Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 10 2014 11:17am)
I havn't played it in forever, but the last time I did I posted a couple site suggestions and got shunned down by the community and a Junior Moderator.  I believe I made a topic suggesting that we could stack items...

That's why I quit.

But for your answer,

WidowMaker_MK sold some item about 2 weeks ago for like 5k fg though..  How much are MP / Vault fee's?

5kfg is nothing, also I remember Widow playing this game a little bit back when I used to play everyday. So expecting that to be the norm for new players is just wishful thinking.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Sep 10 2014 10:22am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234517Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll