d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > The Decline Of The Ls Population
Prev123417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 156.16
Sep 10 2014 08:02am
Tbh I check in all the time to see if somthing changes but sooner or later it will stop if nothing is done. I am pretty sure there is a bunch of ppl like me. There are more ppl posting in the forum wishing then there is playing!!!
Gold: 476.26
Sep 10 2014 08:10am
Quote (LabattBlue @ 10 Sep 2014 14:24)
I agree 100% with Niclas but would like to ad this, How many 8 year old games ever have a resurgence in player base? The game has been around a long time despite its simplicity, well done community.

Ladder Slasher is different since it's a part of such a big gaming forum where new people register every day. There's a reason we see new people wanting to try this game every week but the average number of players online never increases.
Gold: 581.19
Sep 10 2014 08:55am
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 10 2014 02:41am)
Paul lost this game when he removed the old muting system and when he also removed Arena.
He dont want to communicate with anyone about ideas any longer because all the negative feedback he've gotten in the past.

The ppl who was still playing he lost from giving everyone the chance of getin a good deal on the Vault.
But he realized that he gave away too much and he took that away from everyone and he lost 75% of hc players on doin this.

He's too stubborn and dont give a flying fuck.

For us who still play thou we are still waiting for that "big update is yet to come" to actually come..

Pauls income was from this game before, today its all from poker and ppl making donations to get higher stars.
Theres no reason for him to update this game, all he does is clicking that reset button once a year for sc pretty much.

This game was pretty much made to make fg disappear from the forums.

About your question "will there ever be inc...."

No it wont. It will still be the same as today.
It will always run slow when PoE has its resets because ppl play that game to be able to afford playing this game pretty much.

Unless Paul change his mind ofc.

gz on 10%!!
Gold: 8.00
Sep 10 2014 09:06am
lol game is dead no dout about it paul raped this game up its ass with no lube how can u be the same from that lol
Gold: 228.06
Sep 10 2014 09:24am
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 10 2014 07:41am)
Paul lost this game when he removed the old muting system and when he also removed Arena.
He dont want to communicate with anyone about ideas any longer because all the negative feedback he've gotten in the past.

The ppl who was still playing he lost from giving everyone the chance of getin a good deal on the Vault.
But he realized that he gave away too much and he took that away from everyone and he lost 75% of hc players on doin this.

He's too stubborn and dont give a flying fuck.

For us who still play thou we are still waiting for that "big update is yet to come" to actually come..

Pauls income was from this game before, today its all from poker and ppl making donations to get higher stars.
Theres no reason for him to update this game, all he does is clicking that reset button once a year for sc pretty much.

This game was pretty much made to make fg disappear from the forums.

About your question "will there ever be inc...."

No it wont. It will still be the same as today.
It will always run slow when PoE has its resets because ppl play that game to be able to afford playing this game pretty much.

Unless Paul change his mind ofc.

:rofl:

10% for this post.

The truth hurts, doesnt it Paul?
Admin
Gold: 172,310.69
Trader: Trusted
Sep 10 2014 09:39am
Quote (x17 @ Sep 10 2014 10:24am)
:rofl:

10% for this post.

The truth hurts, doesnt it Paul?

The user actually doesn't have any warn. I have corrected the issue with one of my staff members and even tho I consider the post "borderline" (due to the personal attack type content) it's not worthy of a warn.

One thing you guys need to realize is that if you truly want to inspire change within your game and community is stop being so negative. Every change and update brings multiple complaints and continual negative feedback. Yes you may have had your favorite parts of the game modified or removed but you fail to see the bigger picture. Without such changes the bigger ideas and bigger picture will not be able to come to light. Open your minds and instead of continually complaining maybe show some appreciation.

You complain about the updates being few and far between, but put yourself in his shoes. Would you be motivated to work on something where you literally put thousands and thousands of hours into only to have it finally completed, published and then criticized and belittled? I'm not saying he is completely unmotivated with LS but I can assure you that you will have better results with positive enforcement rather than always resorting to the idea that he doesn't do this or that due to his bottom line, it's complete bullshit.

Moving forward you are entitled to your opinions about the game and that is fine, but please remember to keep these opinions ABOUT THE GAME and not personal attacks towards Paul, nothing will be gained from this.
Gold: 0.93
Sep 10 2014 09:46am
The item hoarding is the only problem i see in the game. thats pretty much it. Someone that has extreme leveling items seems they can level and do more MQ's then 1 person not having to good gear.

I can see the population of the game rising again if Arena was back or all the items got nerf'd or replaced. Idk. I'm just stating my thoughts on it.

Edit: for example, I was able to do only 1 Master quest per day few weeks ago. i did 9? 1 per day in part 4-5 hours per run because I had medicore gear. No disrespect to U.A
They have strong gear. They deserve it, they have the forum gold to buy it So forth they can do on average? lets say? 5 runs a day?
They would have a better chance to reset ladder or get to alch vs my 1 a day.

Edit again:
On HC i can see it even be much harder with cata having little gear vs no gear at all.

This post was edited by Z3RG on Sep 10 2014 09:48am
Gold: 7,863.56
Sep 10 2014 09:51am
Quote (Z3RG @ Sep 10 2014 12:46pm)
The item hoarding is the only problem i see in the game. thats pretty much it. Someone that has extreme leveling items seems they can level and do more MQ's then 1 person not having to good gear.

I can see the population of the game rising again if Arena was back or all the items got nerf'd or replaced. Idk. I'm just stating my thoughts on it.

Arena will not come back. This has been stated quite strongly on many occasions.

As to items being nerfed or replaced, you would most likely see a further reduction in the player base.

Stop harping on old complaints.
Gold: 0.93
Sep 10 2014 09:54am
Quote (Paparick @ 10 Sep 2014 11:51)
Arena will not come back. This has been stated quite strongly on many occasions.

As to items being nerfed or replaced, you would most likely see a further reduction in the player base.

Stop harping on old complaints.

I am not harping on old complaints i am simply stating the facts. I tried coming back to Ladder slasher few weeks ago and playing again but as myself i can not keep up with a few guilds.
Ua, Labyrinth, Storm, They are to fast and to stronk!
I do not have the funds that some of those users have to play the game. I see bunch of new people try to start the game and they just stop playing after a few mins cause they don't have funds playing the game @ all.
Ive seen atleast 5 people in past 2 weeks try and they just rage quit out.
Its sad.

Edit: Also i was only stating that if arena did ever come back the population would surely rise again. I can see 300-400 People playing the game again.
I do understand it wont i was only simply stating my opinion.

This post was edited by Z3RG on Sep 10 2014 09:55am
Gold: 32,090.31
Sep 10 2014 09:57am
Quote (Kevin @ Sep 10 2014 11:39am)
The user actually doesn't have any warn. I have corrected the issue with one of my staff members and even tho I consider the post "borderline" (due to the personal attack type content) it' is not worthy of a warn.

One thing you guys need to realize is that if you truly want to inspire change within your game and community is stop being so negative. Every change and update brings multiple complaints and continual negative feedback. Yes you may have had your favorite parts of the game modified or removed but you fail to see the bigger picture. Without such changes the bigger ideas and bigger picture will not be able to come to light. Open your minds and instead of continually complaining maybe show some appreciation.

You complain about the updates being few and far between, but put yourself in his shoes. Would you be motivated to work on something where you literally put thousands and thousands of hours into only to have it finally completed, published and then criticized and belittled? I'm not saying he is completely unmotivated with LS but I can assure you that you will have better results with positive enforcement rather than always resorting to the idea that he doesn't do this or that due to his bottom line, it's complete bullshit.

Moving forward you are entitled to your opinions about the game and that is fine, but please remember to keep these opinions ABOUT THE GAME and not personal attacks towards Paul, nothing will be gained from this.

Oh come on...

Every change has been against what the community wants, and he knows it. The community has only stated what they want and their distaste in what the creator wants, and every single time it falls upon deaf ears. There is a reason why Riot can ignore the community and do what they want. It is because they have such a large population playing their game. When you have 100 players or so, you need to be able to compromise and keep the community happy, even if that means it isn't where you want to go with the game all the time. It is awesome that he has a vision for this game and I would love to see it, but if you release updates every year or longer, with parts that don't work well until the next update, of course it is going to make people angry and lash out.

It's basically if Riot were to take League and change it to a single player game. You just don't do it.

I watched a guildmate of mine when I was in The Trust basically lose all of his value in the game when Paul completely destroyed lifesteal. The guy had spent so much time and money into perfecting his build, and then out of nowhere with no warning, the guy was made useless in one night and if I'm not mistake, ended up leaving the game because of it after a little bit.

It's the malicious behavior against the community that pushed me away. Whether it be a bug that wasn't intended, the mechanics of something that wasn't intended, or whatever, it is just unappealing to have no say and have that sort of judgement cast down upon the community.

Look I'm all for updates and seeing where the game is going to go, which is why I have stuck around since 2007. I just wish it was gone about a little differently.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll