d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > The Decline Of The Ls Population
Prev14567817Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 81,680.73
Sep 10 2014 11:34am
Suggestions and any form of input from the community should be wanted, even if some are far fetched or may not be an improvement. It means people are still thinking of ways of constructively contributing to the development of this game. Bashing on someone for thinking outside the box and coming up with ideas is silly, and only displays a users true character. Kudos.

Game creators often welcome this type of input. I have seen it happen here, and in many other titles where the community and dev team are in tandem. Paul was actively communicating publicly with this community before, and it could happen again. I dont blame him for turning to a more private channel, this community can be a bit harsh, and a select few individuals seem to cause more harm than good. Such is life, and human nature. Not everyone is nice, especially when they are protected by the anonymity of the internet.

I'd love to see Paul continue to work on LS, and for players to continue to enjoy it and hopefully someday increase the playerbase. I'd also love to see two way communication and constructive thinking/ideas. That means the game isnt dead, but very much alive.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2014 11:41am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Sep 10 2014 12:34pm)
Suggestions and any form of input from the community should be wanted, even if some are far fetched or may not be an improvement.  It means people are still thinking of ways of constructively contributing to the development of this game.  Bashing on someone for thinking outside the box and coming up with ideas is silly, and only displays a users true character.  Kudos.

Game creators often welcome this type of input.  I have seen it happen here, and in many other titles where the community and dev team are in tandem.  Paul was actively communicating publicly with this community before, and it could happen again.  I dont blame him for turning to a more private channel, this community can be a bit harsh, and a select few individuals seem to cause more harm than good.  Such is life, and human nature.  Not everyone is nice, especially when they are protected by the anonymity of the internet.

I'd love to see Paul continue to work on LS, and for players to continue to enjoy it and hopefully someday increase the playerbase.  I'd also love to see two way communication and constructive thinking/ideas.  That means the game isnt dead, but very much alive.

I do believe Paul is taking our ideas into consideration, he was browsing this very topic just recently, but I believe d2jsp has a lack of creative minds allocated towards this game, as they might think they have either better things to do, or maybe just not enough time. I think right now their best decision is to start a community of members such as yourselves to be the creative mind of Ladder Slasher. It's just a matter of time when Paul and others decide to take a step forward with Ladder Slasher.

(Edit): To clarify, I'm saying d2jsp has lack of creative minds allocated to this game, not in general. There is a bunch of very creative/imaginative people that are affiliated with d2jsp, just not allocated towards LS (Clarifying my statement, I don't want people to think im flinging insults)

This post was edited by SkillShotGG on Sep 10 2014 11:43am
Sep 10 2014 11:50am
Lol, I'm actually surprised this game still have this many people playing. The game is way too easy, there is no more competition (except between the bigger guilds), there is no fg to be made (unless you're one of those lucky bastards), and obviously there is not much people playing. LS is a boring ass game. Only reason it was fun to most of us was either the social aspect, the competition, or fg. There is no incentive for new guilds to come in when they can socialize on a different game, they can't hit the first page of the guild list, and you can't make fg unless you're quite lucky.
Sep 10 2014 11:58am
Quote (rjp @ Sep 10 2014 12:50pm)
Lol, I'm actually surprised this game still have this many people playing. The game is way too easy, there is no more competition (except between the bigger guilds), there is no fg to be made (unless you're one of those lucky bastards), and obviously there is not much people playing. LS is a boring ass game. Only reason it was fun to most of us was either the social aspect, the competition, or fg. There is no incentive for new guilds to come in when they can socialize on a different game, they can't hit the first page of the guild list, and you can't make fg unless you're quite lucky.

I think your opinion is a bit bias based on your experience, I do believe LS has much potential and until it attracts a wider arrange of people, yes the big guilds will be the only real social aspect. Remember, this game isn't fully developed so we can't judge it in it's entirety just yet.
Sep 10 2014 12:50pm
Quote (SkillShotGG @ 10 Sep 2014 12:58)
I think your opinion is a bit bias based on your experience, I do believe LS has much potential and until it attracts a wider arrange of people, yes the big guilds will be the only real social aspect. Remember, this game isn't fully developed so we can't judge it in it's entirety just yet.

You're just mindlessly clicking your mouse. The best thing Paul did to this game was put catacomb in the game in my opinion. Hell I wonder how many of you guys that want it back actually played in that era. Anyways, It made it a more sociable game plus soloing in arena sucked when you were a noob. Other then talking with your friends, there is nothing fun about LS.

Back in the day, you actually had a chance to break into the first page and that what every guild strive for. I know I started playing LS with Honesty because of this reason. It was possible with 100 gp, but now you have to get 1600 gps. Obviously it took a lot longer to achieve 100 gp back in the days, but what number is more intimidating? There is no point for guilds to try to push people into ls so they can get on the first page because there is a very little chance they will. I had a reason to play (fg and to get guild onto the first page) and most new players does not because you cannot make much fg anymore. I see a post on the softcore trading forum and see a level 25 axe 100 ee sell for 50 fg and that is sad.

If there is no competition or fg to be made and you can play and socialize on other games, there is no point of playing. Look at UA. There is no doubt that this guild is one of the most dominant guild in LS history. Week 37 - 33gps; week 36 - 24; week 35 - 159 and took #1 spot; week 34 - 237; week 32 - 268; week 31 - 118; week 30 - 122. They can do a mirror maze in 5 hours. They can climb from 1-71 in 4-5 hours (at least that what I read). There is no doubt they can push out a lot more gp if they wanted to. Hell even laby is following UA's trend.

So.... yes, I'm surprised people are still playing... Maybe it is matter of months now? It doesn't matter what the game look like in its entirety. What matter is what the game is right now.
Gold: 119,903.34
Sep 10 2014 12:57pm
Quote (rjp @ Sep 10 2014 01:50pm)
You're just mindlessly clicking your mouse. The best thing Paul did to this game was put catacomb in the game in my opinion. Hell I wonder how many of you guys that want it back actually played in that era. Anyways, It made it a more sociable game plus soloing in arena sucked when you were a noob. Other then talking with your friends, there is nothing fun about LS.

Back in the day, you actually had a chance to break into the first page and that what every guild strive for. I know I started playing LS with Honesty because of this reason. It was possible with 100 gp, but now you have to get 1600 gps. Obviously it took a lot longer to achieve 100 gp back in the days, but what number is more intimidating? There is no point for guilds to try to push people into ls so they can get on the first page because there is a very little chance they will. I had a reason to play (fg and to get guild onto the first page) and most new players does not because you cannot make much fg anymore. I see a post on the softcore trading forum and see a level 25 axe 100 ee sell for 50 fg and that is sad.

If there is no competition or fg to be made and you can play and socialize on other games, there is no point of playing. Look at UA. There is no doubt that this guild is one of the most dominant guild in LS history. Week 37 - 33gps; week 36 - 24; week 35 - 159 and took #1 spot; week 34 - 237; week 32 - 268; week 31 - 118; week 30 - 122.  They can do a mirror maze in 5 hours. They can climb from 1-71 in 4-5 hours (at least that what I read). There is no doubt they can push out a lot more gp if they wanted to. Hell even laby is following UA's trend.

So.... yes, I'm surprised people are still playing... Maybe it is matter of months now? It doesn't matter what the game look like in its entirety. What matter is what the game is right now.

Most UA climbs centered around getting to MQ fast are all pretty much under 1 and half hours.

People on hardcore can knock out a 1:30 climb if it was the people who have decent enough gear and all click during it.

If UA really wanted, they could probably do 15 or 18 MQs in a day if they wanted to.
Sep 10 2014 01:06pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 10 Sep 2014 13:57)
Most UA climbs centered around getting to MQ fast are all pretty much under 1 and half hours.

People on hardcore can knock out a 1:30 climb if it was the people who have decent enough gear and all click during it.

If UA really wanted, they could probably do 15 or 18 MQs in a day if they wanted to.

Well damn that's fast... Didn't even think that was possible lol..

Anyways, what guild did you and Joshie and all of them used to be into? I can't remember the name and I don't think it was syndicate or was it?
Sep 10 2014 01:07pm
Quote (rjp @ Sep 10 2014 01:50pm)

If there is no competition or fg to be made and you can play and socialize on other games, there is no point of playing. Look at UA. There is no doubt that this guild is one of the most dominant guild in LS history. Week 37 - 33gps; week 36 - 24; week 35 - 159 and took #1 spot; week 34 - 237; week 32 - 268; week 31 - 118; week 30 - 122.  They can do a mirror maze in 5 hours. They can climb from 1-71 in 4-5 hours (at least that what I read). There is no doubt they can push out a lot more gp if they wanted to. Hell even laby is following UA's trend.

To my knowledge, i thought we were identifying why LS was dying, so for future improvements we know what to fix, what to avoid, and overall what's best for the game. Because let's be honest, there's no point to make this thread to criticize and say how bad of a game it is and whine. We should be constructively criticizing so people can recognize the disfunction of LS. Let's look towards the light and be positive, because who knows, maybe these ideas will be used.
Gold: 8.25
Sep 10 2014 01:58pm
:ph34r: hey guys could possibly add +1 to hc ls ;)
Gold: 0.70
Sep 10 2014 02:06pm
Quote (RoXthebus1 @ Sep 10 2014 02:58pm)
:ph34r: hey guys could possibly add +1 to hc ls ;)

holy shit, havent even read this thread but seen this post and had to look

This post was edited by lxxgatmanxxl on Sep 10 2014 02:06pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev14567817Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll