Prev15678917Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Sep 10 2014 02:34pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Sep 10 2014 02:40pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 3,858.75
Sep 10 2014 03:03pm
The game has MORE potential with these updates, and I do believe that it is a lot easier now than the old arena style gaming... did not like it that much then... but I was not around when muting, and came in just after the life steal nerf.

I like the game for the profs to be honest, finding the best way to gain them. Not here for the FG or GPs. Had my moments with Heal Mastery nerf etc, but got over that... so instead of me bullshitting and complaining about the past, I moved on, try to find some ideas to help the game. Pity others have just given up like sad sacks.

The game does need tweaking in certain things... they maybe minor, BUT, non-the-less, it may help... it may also open up another avenue of game play... best example, in update 1.28

- The "new player" detection has been adjusted so that if you have 0 MQ attempts for the season, only 2 regular mobs will spawn solo max, and only 1 EP (this nullifies and replaces the < 500 kills of the previous patch)

This is INCORRECT! It should read: "if you have NOT reached level 71 for that character for the season etc", basically once you reach 71, you get regular monster spawning [3norm/3ep]. Note: I have NOT tested re-rolling @ 71 to see if it goes back. Basically the new avenue is that a person could go from 71-101 if they had NOT MQ'd.

And yes... there are some major things that could be looked at... and since some of the old timers find the game too easy, we need an area to really challenge them... hence one of my suggestions about "Hall of Evil" ... yes... after thinking about the Abuse thing... I did come up with an idea to stop this... but most would not like it... [Have to explore 50% before anything drops], now, after thinking more about this... the BRIDGING system would also kill this suggestion... so solution is... [Characters MUST be the same level when starting]. EDIT: Note that you can not leave cata for any circumstances... and it would alter thinking and game play to be more interesting.

As for me stopping any suggestions that I may think of posting, sorry people, you are just have to grin and bear it... because no matter how an idea is stupid to you, it may not be to another, and maybe a portion of it creates a lightbulb for another idea.

Anyway... it has potential, and in reality... it could get a higher player base [optimism]

Quote (PowerTripped @ Sep 11 2014 09:09am)
Game up sc lmk +4

nty... stick to welling profs... you might have more fun

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 10 2014 03:10pm
Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 10 2014 03:09pm
Game up sc lmk +4
Gold: 3,100.00
Sep 10 2014 04:17pm
For me, it wasn't about updates or anything I just had less time to play as I got older. I played this game as a teenager, I am in my mid 20s now. I'm sure some of the people I played with back in the day can relate to this as well and when their friends stopped playing they stopped playing as well.

Still 2 points short of 200 and never passed to warlock. :/

This post was edited by obisent on Sep 10 2014 04:20pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2014 04:23pm
Quote (obisent @ Sep 10 2014 05:17pm)
For me, it wasn't about updates or anything I just had less time to play as I got older. I played this game as a teenager, I am in my mid 20s now. I'm sure some of the people I played with back in the day can relate to this as well and when their friends stopped playing they stopped playing as well.

Still 2 points short of 200 and never passed to warlock. :/

lol u poor thing

281 gps and never made it past ninja
Gold: 19.05
Trader: Trusted
Sep 10 2014 04:24pm
@obisent/TravisWSN: look at this guy: http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=290163

He's never got past Monk with 704 gps lol, poor Dano :(

This post was edited by Garnier on Sep 10 2014 04:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2014 04:43pm
Quote (Garnier @ Sep 10 2014 05:24pm)
@obisent/TravisWSN: look at this guy: http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=290163

He's never got past Monk with 704 gps lol, poor Dano :(

Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 10 2014 05:17pm
My suggestion for probably the majority of LS players is to actively develop a new attitude toward the game. Not just as a directive from Kevin to encourage possible progress, but to:

- facilitate communication
- make (new/more) friends and find people to play with
- generate new ideas and explore new ways to play the game as it is (contests/events, etc)
- show that you care and show pro-activity in terms of moving the game forward

Don't just talk about change or complain about Paul or the game etc.: you can already make it better for yourself and others. You won't need solutions because the problems will dissolve. Not only that but the right environment would arise where really great ideas can emerge.

The game is not a kill that gets divided up between the lions. Instead of asking Paul to communicate with you, why not communicate to him by diversifying how you play and becoming a more inclusive, positive interlocutor? ;)
Gold: 81,680.73
Sep 10 2014 05:52pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 10 2014 07:17pm)
My suggestion for probably the majority of LS players is to actively develop a new attitude toward the game. Not just as a directive from Kevin to encourage possible progress, but to:

- facilitate communication
- make (new/more) friends and find people to play with
- generate new ideas and explore new ways to play the game as it is (contests/events, etc)
- show that you care and show pro-activity in terms of moving the game forward

Don't just talk about change or complain about Paul or the game etc.: you can already make it better for yourself and others. You won't need solutions because the problems will dissolve. Not only that but the right environment would arise where really great ideas can emerge.

The game is not a kill that gets divided up between the lions. Instead of asking Paul to communicate with you, why not communicate to him by diversifying how you play and becoming a more inclusive, positive interlocutor? ;)

Well said Rew. Agree completely 100%

Unfortunately some when protected by the shroud of the Internet feel the need to behave poorly because the consequences are not the same as if they acted the same in a real life setting.

Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 10 2014 07:57pm)
This is true in some cases but consequences aren't always the way to solve a problem. If a person has a change in perspective, a whole set of problems can cease to exist (at least with practice). So I point to practices (behaviours). We can choose how we feel about something and we can change how we act. My experience is that people who complain are not genuinely interested in solving problems, or if they are, they're doing it wrong. Change the emotion -> change the perspective -> change the action -> solve the problem :)

Correct. I have (as many have) noticed people do not always act the same online as they do in person. The "human" element can be missing online, because you do not "see" the person you interact with in the same way, and thus it's easier for some to behave poorly, when in a similar situation in real life, they would not do so. We need to remember we are all human, with a name, personality, likes and dislikes, and you can easily tell those that do from those that would rather be anonymous.

This post was edited by jlhromeo on Sep 10 2014 06:13pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev15678917Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll