d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > General Consensus On Trap Doors > Not A Suggestion : Shock Horror
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,470.74
Aug 25 2014 04:53pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 25 2014 05:26pm)
Last time tested was before prof gain was increased, will test this again. Since it is based on Wave and not monster.
I have noticed that a Crit strike would give you a prof [tested = No... CS is not auto Prof]

Noticing just a 0-1 prof per hit... but only did small test.

Oh so you're already wrong and I was right omgzorz. try my info and see how it turns out.
Gold: 52,443.89
Aug 25 2014 05:32pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 25 2014 06:52pm)
Rex please realize how much I've played this game also.  The easiest way to count your proph points is to find a well and keep the blue box up to the side while you attack, the box will show you +1 each time you gain a point in proph.  From there you can see for yourself using a weapon the same tier you will get 66% of your hits landed that will give you a point to your proph up to the 10 hit cap.  Then try it with a weapon 1 tier lower and see for yourself that it drops to 44%, drop two tiers and it will drop to 22% and from then on it's a diminishing return cutting that 22% down to virtually nothing the lower you go plus the fact the lower the weapon the harder it becomes to land a damaging hit.  And it's never ever been 0-3 points per hit, for me ever,  which is also shown by the box while you attack.  About 6 months ago I ran through roughly 4000 wellables with a guildie counting the results and keeping up with it.  The test group I did was monsters level 10-25 as I leveled up.  I used weapons from same tier to 3 tiers below at first till I realized the drop off on the proph % gained from it.  Then I went with me being 5, 10, 15, levels higher etc with the same results.

Just trying to help you out, I do realize that you argue everything anyone says and that I'm spinning my wheels here.  But try it my way and see how that works for you.

Well fuck. Guess I'm done MQing with a level 40 weapon.
Just curious if you've tested this outside of wells too.
Gold: 0.70
Aug 25 2014 05:52pm
kiddo
Gold: 8,704.03
Aug 25 2014 05:56pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 26 2014 11:52am)
Rex please realize how much I've played this game also.  The easiest way to count your proph points is to find a well and keep the blue box up to the side while you attack, the box will show you +1 each time you gain a point in proph.  From there you can see for yourself using a weapon the same tier you will get 66% of your hits landed that will give you a point to your proph up to the 10 hit cap.  Then try it with a weapon 1 tier lower and see for yourself that it drops to 44%, drop two tiers and it will drop to 22% and from then on it's a diminishing return cutting that 22% down to virtually nothing the lower you go plus the fact the lower the weapon the harder it becomes to land a damaging hit.  And it's never ever been 0-3 points per hit, for me ever,  which is also shown by the box while you attack.  About 6 months ago I ran through roughly 4000 wellables with a guildie counting the results and keeping up with it.  The test group I did was monsters level 10-25 as I leveled up.  I used weapons from same tier to 3 tiers below at first till I realized the drop off on the proph % gained from it.  Then I went with me being 5, 10, 15, levels higher etc with the same results.

Just trying to help you out, I do realize that you argue everything anyone says and that I'm spinning my wheels here.  But try it my way and see how that works for you.

You test at a well, that means the monster levels are dependent on item dropped in, thus you may NOT get a true reading to your Tier level percentage.
Doing it on normal to EP monsters while exploring catacombs will give you a definative answer [to my understanding because monsters are of equal level].

My prof table is always open in game, even in a group run... nothing new you are telling me.
So far, I gain around 55-60% of prof points using 1-2 Tier levels below monster level, does this mean testing in a well may change it?
As for 0-3 prof point gain on a hit, if our old GC thread [closed] is not in archives, I can check those again, but I do know that this was the case... only thing
that kept me playing this game was proficiency gain in weapons and charms.

Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 26 2014 11:53am)
Oh so you're already wrong and I was right omgzorz.  try my info and see how it turns out.

I always test what I preach... I do it to either prove myself wrong [which I can handle], or, verify my previous statement.
I won't test welling, monster level to item drop, level of character and tier of item used at time may give an incorrect calculation.

I don't test in such a fickle manner welling.
Aug 25 2014 06:13pm
Quote (KakeWalk @ Aug 25 2014 07:32pm)
Well fuck. Guess I'm done MQing with a level 40 weapon.
Just curious if you've tested this outside of wells too.

No I haven't tested it as thoroughly out of wells but it would be the same results going by what that turned up. But I have drawn from others in the guild who have always recorded their results and it's like that. I could tell a big difference in my earths when I was using every 10 lvls to every 5. I used to use 25,35,45,55 and when I went to every tier it was roughly a 25-30% increase gained per climb. Which sorta makes sense since I added 3 charms and before I went through 3 phases in the gaps of getting 44% of proph gain per hit actions to 66% gained. And that's from lvl25+ So on a brand new rank with zero in it from lvl1-71 it would really add up.

I know on hardcore last season I casted for the first time when I hit warlock and I used ices every tier but 3 (40,45,50) and I got to rank 9, 62% in 33, 5 man, cata climbs. Granted I don't click like hardcore and was averaging about 6500 actions a climb. I was fooling with different ability set ups too. When I realized for my clicking style Multi/Pillar yielded the best results. But add the actions up 19570*.66= 12916. Take out about roughly 2500 of those for the loss of not using every tier 10,000 rounded down. which means I got about rank 3 in 3 climbs on wl which was about right from memory.

Multi/Chaos

Multi/DoubleCast

Multi/Pillar
Aug 25 2014 07:09pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 25 2014 08:13pm)
No I haven't tested it as thoroughly out of wells but it would be the same results going by what that turned up.  But I have drawn from others in the guild who have always recorded their results and it's like that.  I could tell a big difference in my earths when I was using every 10 lvls to every 5.  I used to use 25,35,45,55 and when I went to every tier it was roughly a 25-30% increase gained per climb.  Which sorta makes sense since I added 3 charms and before I went through 3 phases in the gaps of getting 44% of proph gain per hit actions to 66% gained.  And that's from lvl25+  So on a brand new rank with zero in it from lvl1-71 it would really add up. 

I know on hardcore last season I casted for the first time when I hit warlock and I used ices every tier but 3 (40,45,50) and I got to rank 9, 62% in 33, 5 man, cata climbs.  Granted I don't click like hardcore and was averaging about 6500 actions a climb.  I was fooling with different ability set ups too.  When I realized for my clicking style Multi/Pillar yielded the best results.  But add the actions up 19570*.66= 12916.  Take out about roughly 2500 of those for the loss of not using every tier 10,000 rounded down.  which means I got about rank 3 in 3 climbs on wl which was about right from memory.

Multi/Chaos
http://i57.tinypic.com/2edxp94.jpg

Multi/DoubleCast
http://i57.tinypic.com/2ewjhoj.jpg

Multi/Pillar
http://i62.tinypic.com/2pqq0qb.jpg

Yeah I don't know. Trying not to doubt you since I do like 1 MQ a year, but that still feels off to me. 66% just feels really high in the current game. I can understand it for wells/EPs, but for normal I don't know. I'm going to test it some when I get home.

If its really 66% then if you solo/spin theoretically you could gain close to 2k prof per hour after factoring in between wave times. Closer to 1500 when you factor in that we aren't machines and not all waves are the same. When I tested a while ago I was able to hit these numbers with heal charms but not combat ones. I was low level so I was using the right tier of weapon. Again, I could be wrong about it. Will post my results in a few hours.

And for the record I would love it if you are right. I would be a lot more excited to play this game if I could gain profs like back in arena days just by using the right tiers of weapons.
Gold: 8,704.03
Aug 25 2014 07:51pm
Quote (KakeWalk @ Aug 26 2014 02:09pm)
And for the record I would love it if you are right. I would be a lot more excited to play this game if I could gain profs like back in arena days just by using the right tiers of weapons.

Would be nice if it is true... make prof gaining so much easier.

Anyway... finally in 5th Trapdoor... got guildy a level 55 sword [78ee] and
found this below [pity not more dex]

Angelic spiderthread padded robe,
Physical Defense: 0 to 110,
Magical Defense: 76 to 190,
+81% Enhanced Effect,
+18 Dexterity,
+5% Experience Gained,
+1% Quick Draw

Actually... more QD would have been even better for spear using... :)
Gold: 575.25
Aug 25 2014 08:13pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 25 2014 04:35pm)
1. you have a chance of 0-3 prof points per hit [ HIT ]

this has never been true, even in the old arena days it was was 1 point gain.

This post was edited by SilentXer0 on Aug 25 2014 08:14pm
Aug 25 2014 09:03pm
Quote (KakeWalk @ Aug 25 2014 09:09pm)
Yeah I don't know. Trying not to doubt you since I do like 1 MQ a year, but that still feels off to me. 66% just feels really high in the current game. I can understand it for wells/EPs, but for normal I don't know. I'm going to test it some when I get home.

If its really 66% then if you solo/spin theoretically you could gain close to 2k prof per hour after factoring in between wave times. Closer to 1500 when you factor in that we aren't machines and not all waves are the same. When I tested a while ago I was able to hit these numbers with heal charms but not combat ones. I was low level so I was using the right tier of weapon. Again, I could be wrong about it. Will post my results in a few hours.

Remember 66% is the ones counted out of your total actions that aren't zeros or heals. 4k actions would be about 2640 points which would give you almost two full ranks. this number shrinks of course as you gain ranks reducing the amount you'd get per climb. It's pretty dead on. I'm rank 24 earth so I don't start gaining till lvl25; I'm only gong to get about 2600 actions I'll take the low number and it would give me about 1716 points. I'd then have to reduce the difference I'd get at lvl60,65,70. Get roughly 285 actions with this example so lvl60 1 tier difference = 44% - 125, 65 2 tier difference = 22%- 62, lvl70 3 tier difference ~20% -57. Comes out to 1105~. to get rank 25 it's 25,000 points. I usually get 4% a climb. 4% of 25,000 = 1,000. So the only number that's off is that diminishing return number starting at the 3 tier difference. I could test those to get it exact also. But it's pretty set on the %'s vs the amount of actions, the gain always comes out the same in all the climbs we've done.
Aug 25 2014 11:01pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 25 2014 11:03pm)
Remember 66% is the ones counted out of your total actions that aren't zeros or heals. 4k actions would be about 2640 points which would give you almost two full ranks.  this number shrinks of course as you gain ranks reducing the amount you'd get per climb.  It's pretty dead on.  I'm rank 24 earth so I don't start gaining till lvl25; I'm only gong to get about 2600 actions I'll take the low number and it would give me about 1716 points.  I'd then have to reduce the difference I'd get at lvl60,65,70.  Get roughly 285 actions with this example so lvl60 1 tier difference = 44% - 125, 65 2 tier difference = 22%- 62, lvl70 3 tier difference ~20% -57.  Comes out to 1105~.  to get rank 25 it's 25,000 points. I usually get 4% a climb.  4% of 25,000 = 1,000.  So the only number that's off is that diminishing return number starting at the 3 tier difference.  I could test those to get it exact also.  But it's pretty set on the %'s vs the amount of actions, the gain always comes out the same in all the climbs we've done.

Well like I said hopefully this test just backs you up. Its possible I was testing with lower tier gear and just didnt pay any attention to it. Going to test on my main char on HC with a wind charm. I currently have zero prof points in wind. Will edit in results soon.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?c=3&i=283157&p=380334

Mystical bronze axe
+15 Intelligence
+275 Max Mana
+1% Magical Damage Reduction

Mythical tanned leather armor
+2 Vitality
+13 Intelligence
+190 Max Mana
+1 to 2 Life per Kill
+4% Earth Mastery

Angelic lightning III
+12 Intelligence
+169 Max Life
+1% Power Shot
+3% Wind Mastery

Rare wind III
Spell Damage: 14 to 65
+60% Enhanced Effect
+7 Vitality

56 total INT atm. The charm is in ACC slot but even still its a minimum of 10 damage per cast. Should be high enough to not see any zeros, but I'll watch for them anyway.

Level 2 now 59 actions 16 prof <- acc slot wind
Level 3 now 72 actions this level currently at 33 prof <- acc slot wind
Level 4 now 95 actions this level currently at 54 prof <- acc slot wind

Will switch wind to main slot now for a level just to see

Level 5 now 107 actions this level and currently at 88 prof <- main slot wind

Never hit for zero on any level

DONE

Results were 333 casts of wind and only ended with 88 prof
Main slot vs Acc slot seemed to not matter at all.(not that it was in question)

Waaay lower than 66% it seems. If you see any mistakes let me know and I'll test again.

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Aug 25 2014 11:27pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll