d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > General Consensus On Trap Doors > Not A Suggestion : Shock Horror
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 132.00
Aug 25 2014 05:22am
I've found a few good items in TD's, and have always taken them while soloing.

However, it's hard to say whether its beneficial or not.. my logic has always been -- why not?
Gold: 10,554.79
Aug 25 2014 06:08am
Quote (nesben @ Aug 25 2014 07:22am)
I've found a few good items in TD's, and have always taken them while soloing.

However, it's hard to say whether its beneficial or not.. my logic has always been -- why not?

Prof gain is no longer reduced so I agree... why not? (Solo ofc)
Gold: 27.91
Aug 25 2014 07:48am
I don't take TDs at the lower lvls, but 45+ I take every TD I see. (Solo)
Most of the time in Catas people don't want you taking TDs. (From my experience)
Gold: 7,863.56
Aug 25 2014 08:16am
Quote (PhiRip @ Aug 25 2014 10:48am)
I don't take TDs at the lower lvls, but 45+ I take every TD I see. (Solo)
Most of the time in Catas people don't want you taking TDs. (From my experience)

It is also kinda hard to evaluate the effect of TD's when most cata's are in the spin mode 95% of the time
Gold: 575.25
Aug 25 2014 08:31am
Quote (Paparick @ Aug 25 2014 10:16am)
It is also kinda hard to evaluate the effect of TD's when most cata's are in the spin mode 95% of the time

the catas i join, some spin some explore. it depends on the strength of the group

but groups dont like to take td's

This post was edited by SilentXer0 on Aug 25 2014 08:32am
Gold: 1,470.74
Aug 25 2014 08:40am
Your biggest issue is the tier of the weapon vs your lvl as to why low proph gains. Using a weapon of equal tier to character yields on avg 66% of your attacks toward your proph. Drop your weapon down a teir from your char it yields 44%; two tiers lower 22%. After that it goes to a diminishing return rate the lower you go the more it drops gradually less than th 22%. It will seem lower than that because it doesn't count the actions that produce zero damage only landed hits. So in your test group you're already down two tiers with the weapon.

Rex if you'd give me a month to school you on the game you'd thank me for it and we all wouldn't see so many of your gg threads.
Gold: 8,702.13
Aug 25 2014 02:35pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Aug 26 2014 03:40am)
Your biggest issue is the tier of the weapon vs your lvl as to why low proph gains.  Using a weapon of equal tier to character yields on avg 66% of your attacks toward your proph.  Drop your weapon down a teir from your char it yields 44%; two tiers lower 22%.  After that it goes to a diminishing return rate the lower you go the more it drops gradually less than th 22%.  It will seem lower than that because it doesn't count the actions that produce zero damage only landed hits.  So in your test group you're already down two tiers with the weapon. 

Rex if you'd give me a month to school you on the game you'd thank me for it and we all wouldn't see so many of your gg threads.

:rofl: that is so much bull crap I can not believe it. You have no clue on Prof gain, you are assuming rubbush percentages.

1. you have a chance of 0-3 prof points per hit [ HIT ]
2. leas attacks yeilds less prof
3. faster killspeed yeilds less prof i.e killing each mob in 1-3 hits
4. find a balance in killspeed that yields better prof gain.

You need to properly test your bull shit before saying it in public... I was using level 35 Battleaxe and killing monsters in either 2-6 hits
So they were level 50 monsters, if I was using same tier Battleaxe I would be 1-2 hitting them and getting LESS prof points.

EDIT: before you come at me with a whole lot of other bull on Prof point gain... been testing these quarterly before my first ever GP
Once again... you are trying to be a know it all to prove me wrong? but once again, you failed. Go to the corner and contemplate on your actions
kiddo, then come back and apologise to the community.

Tests are always done. Hit, town, jot down prof [use to be sit in cata/arena while taking damage to view gain]

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 25 2014 02:46pm
Gold: 52,443.89
Aug 25 2014 03:00pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 25 2014 04:35pm)
:rofl: that is so much bull crap I can not believe it. You have no clue on Prof gain, you are assuming rubbush percentages.

I've never tested the tier having an impact on prof gain thing that powertripped mentioned myself, will have to test that next climb. Sounds possible, but weird if its actually programmed like that.

But rex 0-3 per hit? I've never noticed more than 1 prof gain at max. You sure on this one?
Gold: 8,702.13
Aug 25 2014 03:26pm
Quote (KakeWalk @ Aug 26 2014 10:00am)
I've never tested the tier having an impact on prof gain thing that powertripped mentioned myself, will have to test that next climb. Sounds possible, but weird if its actually programmed like that.

But rex 0-3 per hit? I've never noticed more than 1 prof gain at max. You sure on this one?

Last time tested was before prof gain was increased, will test this again. Since it is based on Wave and not monster.
I have noticed that a Crit strike would give you a prof [tested = No... CS is not auto Prof]

Noticing just a 0-1 prof per hit... but only did small test.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 25 2014 03:38pm
Gold: 1,470.74
Aug 25 2014 04:52pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 25 2014 04:35pm)

2. leas attacks yeilds less prof
3. faster killspeed yeilds less prof i.e killing each mob in 1-3 hits
4. find a balance in killspeed that yields better prof gain.

You need to properly test your bull shit before saying it in public... I was using level 35 Battleaxe and killing monsters in either 2-6 hits
So they were level 50 monsters, if I was using same tier Battleaxe I would be 1-2 hitting them and getting LESS prof points.

EDIT: before you come at me with a whole lot of other bull on Prof point gain... been testing these quarterly before my first ever GP
Once again... you are trying to be a know it all to prove me wrong? but once again, you failed. Go to the corner and contemplate on your actions
kiddo, then come back and apologise to the community.

Tests are always done. Hit, town, jot down prof [use to be sit in cata/arena while taking damage to view gain]

Rex please realize how much I've played this game also. The easiest way to count your proph points is to find a well and keep the blue box up to the side while you attack, the box will show you +1 each time you gain a point in proph. From there you can see for yourself using a weapon the same tier you will get 66% of your hits landed that will give you a point to your proph up to the 10 hit cap. Then try it with a weapon 1 tier lower and see for yourself that it drops to 44%, drop two tiers and it will drop to 22% and from then on it's a diminishing return cutting that 22% down to virtually nothing the lower you go plus the fact the lower the weapon the harder it becomes to land a damaging hit. And it's never ever been 0-3 points per hit, for me ever, which is also shown by the box while you attack. About 6 months ago I ran through roughly 4000 wellables with a guildie counting the results and keeping up with it. The test group I did was monsters level 10-25 as I leveled up. I used weapons from same tier to 3 tiers below at first till I realized the drop off on the proph % gained from it. Then I went with me being 5, 10, 15, levels higher etc with the same results.

Just trying to help you out, I do realize that you argue everything anyone says and that I'm spinning my wheels here. But try it my way and see how that works for you.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll