d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Epicarus Paradox > What?
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.66
Aug 11 2014 07:51pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 11 2014 04:38pm)
What do you care about scientific literacy? Catatonic hedonism is what you're preaching.

The human experience is meaningless without struggle and conflict, if all we do is sit around drugged up we might as well be dead.

the human experience is equally meaningless even if it included struggle and conflict.

when you say dead, what do you actually mean? non-existent? afterlife?
Gold: 435.00
Aug 13 2014 02:59am
Quote (TJI_KS @ Aug 9 2014 07:00am)
If you don't believe then why do you care?
People shouldn't have to consider you or your convenience when making decisions regarding their own faith.

If you respond with some wacko insult or fail to respond with any further insight then we can assume the following to be true.  Maybe you just need attention?

Because I don't want to see myself in a country that bases it's laws with faith based decisions. I don't want to live in a country that is lacking behind others in terms of intelligence because of an idiotic belief in a sky god. I don't want to live in a place where the religious majority (Christianity) can say love thy neighbor (unless they're gay then fuck those guys among other hypocritical beliefs).

I do want to live in a country where the freedom to choose those idiotic and outdated beliefs is protected, but not enforced via a political agenda. All I am saying, in terms of law, religious aspects should not be implemented. I can predict this response already. My statement does not entail killing, raping, and stealing etc...those are just morals that people have adopted over the years. It's not religion that has instilled those values in us, it's common human decency. Anyone who isn't a sociopath will feel guilty at one point in their life for doing something wrong.

This post was edited by Coerce on Aug 13 2014 02:59am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 13 2014 03:03am
Quote (Coerce @ 13 Aug 2014 11:59)
Because I don't want to see myself in a country that bases it's laws with faith based decisions.  I don't want to live in a country that is lacking behind others in terms of intelligence because of an idiotic belief in a sky god.  I don't want to live in a place where the religious majority (Christianity) can say love thy neighbor (unless they're gay then fuck those guys among other hypocritical beliefs).

I do want to live in a country where the freedom to choose those idiotic and outdated beliefs is protected, but not enforced via a political agenda.  All I am saying, in terms of law, religious aspects should not be implemented.  I can predict this response already.  My statement does not entail killing, raping, and stealing etc...those are just morals that people have adopted over the years.  It's not religion that has instilled those values in us, it's common human decency.  Anyone who isn't a sociopath will feel guilty at one point in their life for doing something wrong.

so where do you want to emigrate ?
Gold: 435.00
Aug 13 2014 03:04am
Quote (the_rest @ Aug 13 2014 04:03am)
so where do you want to emigrate ?

Imaginationland. It's just as plausible as heaven or hell.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 13 2014 03:06am
Quote (Coerce @ 13 Aug 2014 12:04)
Imaginationland.  It's just as plausible as heaven or hell.

everywhere is full of sh*t ... you are lucky to be in the least shitty country.
Gold: 1,261.00
Aug 13 2014 11:27am
Quote (the_rest @ Aug 13 2014 02:06am)
everywhere is full of sh*t ... you are lucky to be in the least shitty country.

Debatable.
Besides, even if it was true that doesn't mean you should stop striving for improvement. Being "less shitty than other places" doesn't sound like a good place to stop.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 13 2014 01:52pm
If God created nature and he also created men with free will , then doesn't that allow him to be the ultimate judge?

hmm - makes to much sense to be true.
Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 13 2014 01:57pm
Could a parent put their child in a protective bubble until the day they turn 18, thereby preventing them from experiencing any suffering during their childhood? Yes

Does that fact that parents choose not to do that (and instead allow their children to experience some suffering) make them malevolent? Of course not, it makes them good guides.

God is like our parent. Sheltering us from all evil is not his job. Enabling us to learn how to handle ourselves is.
Gold: 87.30
Aug 13 2014 02:13pm
I'v personally never been a fan of the God has to be 100% perfect theory.
But if your going to go that route you have to define who's ideal of perfect your going with.
Imo we really have no clue what perfect even looks like as humans.
Asking someone what perfection looks like right now is like asking a caveman what modern day computers look like.
Sure he might have a general idea but on a lot of it they would be completely wrong.

So my question for anyone who want's to answer is what is perfection?
I'm interested to see how different the answers will be?
Gold: 1,261.00
Aug 13 2014 03:49pm
Quote (kayeto @ Aug 13 2014 12:57pm)
Could a parent put their child in a protective bubble until the day they turn 18, thereby preventing them from experiencing any suffering during their childhood? Yes

Does that fact that parents choose not to do that (and instead allow their children to experience some suffering) make them malevolent? Of course not, it makes them good guides.

God is like our parent. Sheltering us from all evil is not his job. Enabling us to learn how to handle ourselves is.

Would a good parent knowingly let his child get raped? No. Do people (God's children) get raped every day? Yes. Does that mean God is a shitty parent?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll