d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2014 Nfl Draft Analysis
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
May 17 2014 04:12pm
Steelers >
Gold: 0.27
May 18 2014 02:24pm
@Meeker, regarding Britt, every team will report that play A would have gone to team B a few picks later. Every team will say they wanted player C but team D took them, etc etc. Just like predraft, you can't ever truly believe anything anyone says when it comes to this haha. As for them having him as their BPA, that's fine. Deone Bucannon was the Cardinals BPA and I still didn't give it a good grade. Going off of a completely unbiased opinion, looking at who else was available and who was selected, Britt was not the best choice possible. Will he work out? No one know, I hope he does and I hope I'm wrong but looking at it for just what it was, he wasn't the best choice.

As for Pinkins, I didn't know they were planning on playing him at corner but doesn't really change anything. Still a late round pick to save him from being an UDFA so no worries there. :)

@Terps, It's always nice to see someone else be able to recognize, acknowledge and appreciate a rival team doing something well.

@Ryan, I know you're bias and while the Texans had a good draft, my list for best draft goes

1) Vikings
2) Raiders
3) Jaguars
4) Steelers
5) Texans

@casedizzle, it honestly does not take that much time. Before it took maybe an hour per division, did 1 division a day and got this out about 8 days after the draft ended. I started this on Tuesday and got done Friday this time. Much easier just kind of giving a quick opinion rather than just regurgitating my position rankings. Grand total of maybe 3-4 total hours.

@Cheese/killer, I didn't pronounce it Crick-ton, I was pronouncing it Cri-CH-ton with that hard CH, not K sound.

@Terps 2, yeah he wasn't a super undraftable player but the Jets could have waited there for sure. Especially a team that has as many concerns as they do.

@Bard, it's not that I had a problem with the Raiders running a base 4-3 and selecting Mack, I just wanted to see what Mack could do in a 3-4 full time. It didn't hinder my opinions of their draft what so ever (seen above too as my #2 draft) it was just my personal want to see Mack prove he's better than Clowney. B) lol

@Kazium, No sir. I've considered starting up a blog or something, maybe trying to find a spot in an existing thing. We have a radio show at work (I work at Golfsmith for anyone who doesn't know) that is GolfAZradio and they're on mon-friday for 2 hours a day (only 1 on Friday). Obviously it's a golf show but they cover other sports too so during football season I usually get to jump on once or twice a week for half an hour or so and we talk football, I'll occasionally talk about mocks and then we do talk about the draft after it's done and spend a few hours over the course of a week (last week) talking about picks, guys call in ask about their teams, we cover it etc. But as I said, while I've considered doing more with it, I don't and I doubt I ever will. I've said it before, I truly do enjoy doing this stuff and as far as I know, at least some of you guys on here enjoy it so it's not going to waste or anything. I've broken down the time miscellaneous things take before and it's not much different than playing a video game regularly or doing something else. Doesn't take extra time, just takes the place of something else I'd do kicking back in my leisure time.

Alright, I think that's all of the posts that needed to be replied to lol.
Gold: 0.00
May 18 2014 07:04pm
Quote (Randolph @ May 18 2014 03:24pm)

Alright, I think that's all of the posts that needed to be replied to lol.

Falcons running a 3-4 for their main base Def.

Gold: 395.22
May 18 2014 07:41pm
Nice post as always. For once my raiders have a great draft class
Gold: 0.01
May 19 2014 12:36am
I wasn't mad about the fuller pick. When you had them taking him like a week before the draft I was mad, then my co-worker and I started watching some youtube clips and reading up on all the potential prospects we could get and fuller was actually my 3rd favorite player for us. I was mad about the Sutton pick because Jernigan will be LOADS better and we could have EASILY moved up 5-10 picks to get him... I mean, EASILY.
Gold: 8,860.00
May 19 2014 04:30am
Nice read Randy thanks

With regards to Sims pick in round 3, it's not about him being a RB - it's about him being a WR we can line up anywhere. No way will he beat out Doug for the starting gig, and with Mike James we have our #2. Cmon Rainey for trade bait B)
Gold: 2,227.27
May 19 2014 09:33am
After a long thought, I'm not too upset at the Marcus pick. It would have been great if Haha or Pryor fell to us but it didn't. I feel like we did the right move by trading back and getting one more 3rd round pick. Especially since we got Jordan in the 2nd round.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll