d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2014 Nfl Draft Analysis
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
May 16 2014 11:37pm
Quote (Terps @ May 16 2014 10:36pm)
Resisted the urge to interrupt, but it was hard

:hug:

I gave out what felt like a lot of A+s this year. No F's but a lot of middle grades which is pretty normal I guess based on year's past but I feel like there were too many A's overall.

EDIT: I'm going to do 1 run in D3 and go to bed. Work tomorrow. I expect enough comments, mean/rude things said and actual worth while posts to fill the gaping hole that Terps calls his poop shoot so get to work boys.

This post was edited by Randolph on May 16 2014 11:41pm
Gold: 9,417.13
May 17 2014 12:03am
Quote (Randolph @ May 16 2014 08:32pm)
64) Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
Words cannot describe how much of a what the fuck pick this is.  I mean what the fuck?  Britt was likely going to be an UDFA and they took him in the second round?  Very unlike the Seahawks has of late.

208) Eric Pinkins, S, San Diego State
Late rounds, drafting a guy you want plus with Chancellor’s injury a little insurance is nice.

The Hawks have said that Britt was not their BPA but wanted a tackle and didn't have another pick until the early 4th, must not have gotten trade offers they liked and went with BPA at OT. 3 OTs were picked within 4 picks and it was reported that the Eagles really wanted one as well (I'm guessing they were thinking of trading up?) and Tom Cable said he got calls telling him Britt would have gone a few picks later had he still been on the board. He is a similar player to Breno Giacomini except with better feet. Unlike the Hawks? They have selected several reaches that have been criticized lol.

Pinkins is being groomed at CB in Seattle.
Gold: 28,610.66
May 17 2014 12:03am
Quote (Randolph @ May 17 2014 12:37am)
:hug:

I gave out what felt like a lot of A+s this year.  No F's but a lot of middle grades which is pretty normal I guess based on year's past but I feel like there were too many A's overall.

EDIT: I'm going to do 1 run in D3 and go to bed.  Work tomorrow.  I expect enough comments, mean/rude things said and actual worth while posts to fill the gaping hole that Terps calls his poop shoot so get to work boys.

Obviously I can't complain ^_^, But after all the analysis I have done, I have to agree with you about what the vikings did. If anyone can couch up Anthony Barr to his full potential it is Mike Zimmer after all that amazing development in Cincy. I think we are going to put him in a place for him to succeed. Watching Interviews with him he seems like a very intellegent and hard working guy which I think Zimmer loved, seems that he is going to focus on his Technique. I loved that pick. When everyone was calling him a reach that was bogus. If we didn't draft him at 9 the Lions or at worst the titans would have gladly drafted him with open arms. Teddy.....well I have talked about Teddy probably the most out of any player this draft so I obviously loved that pick. We moved out of the second round for Teddy but we got two second round players in Crighton and Yankey. Crighton I understood falling way more than Yankey. I can see crighton really just being a rotational guy so we drafted him at a good spot but I really think Yankey has the potential to be a probowl LG which was ridiculous watching him fall (I remember after the vikings had two 3rd round picks I complained to you like whyyyy the fuck would we pass on yankey in the 3rd....only to see him there in the 5th). I really didn't like the Mickinnon pick as I know we needed a backup RB but I personally thought there were still a lot better options, they must have a good plan for him and we will see how it pans out but I thought we missed on that pick. I did kind of wish we addressed SS at some point early, but Exum is probably moving to safety and he had a 3rd round grade on him in the 6th. If he doesn't Pan out I see us addressing that early in next years draft. But it really seemed with the Vikings that every single pick we had we were able to grab players who have remarkable talent that fell for no serious reason while we filled out manyyyyy holes that we had.

We didn't address our MLB situation so I assume they are going to give Audie Cole a good chance this season and he looked pretty well towards the end of last year, but I would have thought we would have tried to get a solid MLB somewhere in the draft, but with as many holes as we had I can understand obviously not getting it all.

Overall with the vikings people will keep hating, but with Speilman there are a lot of great young talent on this team finally. We have done great with the past 3 drafts that I see this team going in a great direction. Finally we got rid of that idea of having old vets come in and win for year and actually are building towards sustained success. Just gotta hope the development of thes young players reach their full potential.

Thanks for the analysis and all the pre draft talk :) I enjoyed talking it over with someone who knew what they were talking about after the months of research I put into my draft thoughts.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 17 2014 12:36am
Quote (Randolph @ May 17 2014 01:26am)
There have been some changes so please read this little bit of text before diving in and complain about this.  If you say some stupid shit that was already covered in here, I might have to make fun of you and we all know how much being made fun of on the internet hurts. :(

lol'd

I'm with you on the Mosley pick. I thought he was a top-15 talent with injury concerns that put him in the 20s.

As for Jernigan, I think we might be playing more 4-3 fronts in our near future. We've not got 3 possible DTs in Ngata, Brandon Williams (who looked pretty good in limited snaps last year), and now Jernigan. Williams and Ngata can be pure NTs, Jernigan is only a 4-3 DT.

I had my eye on Brooks before the draft, especially after day 1 unfolded. I liked Joyner more for his instincts, Brooks more for his size and speed.

Crockett Gilmore is such a meh pick. I was really hoping they would get CJ Fiedorowicz if they were looking for a blocking TE (since he has some upside as a pass catcher), but that didn't happen. I think he will be a good balance for Pitta though: Pitta is a receiving TE, Gilmore is a blocking TE, and Kubiak will run his fair share of 2-TE sets.

Brent Urban is someone I didn't know much about, but he seems like an athletically gifted kid who is injury prone, so we'll see. We need someone to fill in for Arthur Jones at DE, and right now we only have Chris Canty and ....? Jernigan? Ngata? (where he played poorly at DE in 2012)

I think there is a decent chance Hurst can make a run for the starting RT spot if he heals up nicely. Ricky Wagner is a mystery--someone who should be able to run block, but idk about speed rushers. They can also potentially move Osemele to RT and someone else into guard, but I hope that doesn't happen; KO is a good guard, an average RT (exactly like Zack Martin, which is why I didn't want him). It is also very likely they sign Eric Winston since he played RT for Kubiak for a long time, and he would come cheap.

I also agree that the Steelers had a better draft. I admittedly liked Shazier more than Mosley, and Tuitt should not have been there in the 2nd... kid is fucking huge, what a steal...

I also liked Dennard and wanted him more than Mosley. Browns sniping Terrance West made me sad, but idk if the Ravens wanted him that high. I was happy to see him picked that high though. Not drafting West didn't hurt as much as not drafting Abbrederis... 1 fucking pick after this unathletic John Urshel backup guard, and WR was a huge need, and Abbrederis was tremendous value in the 4th... smh /rant
May 17 2014 12:38am
Laying in bed, just thought I'd check this right quick, Meeker I'll have a reply for you tomorrow (want to double check a few things on the comp, easier than phone) but I wanted to say to killer, it's Crichton, not Crighton. Unless I've been wrong for months now lol. I know it's pronounced Crighton but it's Crichton. Well, I've heard it pronounced both ways but I've been under the impression it's pronounced Crighton and spelled Crichton.
Gold: 4.13
May 17 2014 12:39am
Only team that I felt had a better draft grade than the Texans were the Rams but I'm biased.
Gold: 2,525.00
May 17 2014 12:39am
you spend wayyyy too much time and effort on this shit to not be getting paid for it.
Gold: 3,500.80
May 17 2014 12:42am
Quote (Randolph @ May 17 2014 01:38am)
Laying in bed, just thought I'd check this right quick, Meeker I'll have a reply for you tomorrow (want to double check a few things on the comp, easier than phone) but I wanted to say to killer, it's Crichton, not Crighton. Unless I've been wrong for months now lol. I know it's pronounced Crighton but it's Crichton. Well, I've heard it pronounced both ways but I've been under the impression it's pronounced Crighton and spelled Crichton.

this is some real dedication to the whole grammar/spelling nazi role. went above and beyond to fulfill the role.

i applaud you, sir.

also, i liked the rationale for the Packers draft. A couple head-scratchers for sure, but overall a decent draft. we know better than to draft Dline earlier in the draft by now... can't find a fucking winner to save ourselves. :(

just gotta hope everyone returns healthy and another year in the defensive scheme results in better production from the unit as a whole
Gold: 28,610.66
May 17 2014 12:45am
Quote (Randolph @ May 17 2014 01:38am)

You're right I've just been spelling it that way for so long its stuck in my head...still hard for me to even spell Cordarrelle Patterson. Damn these weird names
May 17 2014 12:47am
Quote (4killer7 @ May 16 2014 11:45pm)
You're right I've just been spelling it that way for so long its stuck in my head...still hard for me to even spell Cordarrelle Patterson.  Damn these weird names

Oh ok. Wasn't a grammar nazi thing like Cheese said, I just wasn't sure you knew because the first time I heard it pronounced I thought I had been spelling it wrong for 4 months.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll