d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2014 Nfl Draft Analysis
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,500.80
May 17 2014 12:47am
Quote (Randolph @ May 17 2014 01:47am)
Oh ok. Wasn't a grammar nazi thing like Cheese said, I just wasn't sure you knew because the first time I heard it pronounced I thought I had been spelling it wrong for 4 months.

love me some cricktin
Gold: 1.07
Warn: 10%
May 17 2014 12:48am
Dat A tho.

B)

I feel we had a pretty decent Draft this year.
Gold: 28,610.66
May 17 2014 12:49am
Quote (Randolph @ May 17 2014 01:47am)
Oh ok. Wasn't a grammar nazi thing like Cheese said, I just wasn't sure you knew because the first time I heard it pronounced I thought I had been spelling it wrong for 4 months.

Always trust your gut haha, but ya it sounds like crighton from the interviews i've watched so I just keep spelling it that way more than the unusual spelling
Gold: 3,500.80
May 17 2014 12:50am
Quote (OregonOrifice @ May 17 2014 01:48am)
Dat A tho.

B)

I feel we had a pretty decent Draft this year.

you just fucking love Dix so much that this draft was an automatic A++++++++ for you ;)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 17 2014 12:50am
80) Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland

OH I get it, dat nigga Swirv took over as GM of the Jets, that has to explain this pick. Why else would they draft a likely UDFA this early? Has to be the Maryland thing. Terps you’re so silly.

He may not have been invited to the combine cuz he barely played (broken collarbone week 3, denied an extra year of eligibility), but now that I think about it, he was probably was our only draftable player where before I thought we had none.

He had great instincts and hands for grabbing INTs, and stuck close to his man. A reach in the 3rd round, but he could be a good player.

He was having a great year before he broke his clavicle.

This post was edited by Terps on May 17 2014 12:52am
Gold: Locked
May 17 2014 04:55am
Randy, I know your major problem with Oakland's draft is that they don't run a 3-4 for Mack. Well, that might change given our personnel and our coach. Our DC is really into mixing packages and so we ran a bit of 3-4 last season--he knows how to do it. And we have 5 good LBs and only 3 good linemen (2 DEs and a DT). The change, to me, seems natural right now, and as such it is a definite possibility.

I'm glad you agree with my analysis of how well we drafted :) Now I can say that my Raiders had a good draft, nohomer.

I feel like McGill may have been the biggest steal of the draft (excepting, maybe, DT Nix to the Texans). And it filled a gaping hole at CB (which should be less gaping after our FA). Mack is Mack, the QB pick was solid, and grabbing the G with our 3rd...strengthening the weaker parts of our OL.

I'm afraid to say it, but I feel pretty good about this coming season, despite having the absolute worst schedule in the NFL. We could really contest some games with good teams if our team is firing on all cylinders.
Gold: 0.00
May 17 2014 05:50am
Damn Randy... Do you post this stuff anywhere else online? Seems like a lot of time/work goes in to these mock drafts and write ups.
Kudos to you bro. Just wondering if these posts are really for some other blog or site that may compensate you in some way
Gold: 0.68
May 17 2014 10:05am
Minnesota Vikings
9) Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
I had Barr as my #1 player for quite some time. That changed the closer we got to the draft and he slipped towards the middle of the top 10 but he’s still an elite talent. The Vikings lost Jared Allen but Barr isn’t here to replace Allen as many are assuming. He’s going to be that 4-3 rush linebacker just like Denver uses Von and that’s the perfect fit for Barr. Vikings could not have asked for a better player to fall to them and they got an extra pick out of Cleveland.

32) Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
I’m still not 100% sold on Teddy being anything more than average but the Vikings could use average at the QB position right now. I don’t have a lot to say here. Don’t hate the pick by any means whatsoever, but not in love with it either. This is the epitome of an only time will tell pick.

72) Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
Now here is Allen’s replacement lol. Crichton is going to play with his hand in the dirt and the combination of him and Anthony Barr just made the other NFC North QB’s shit their pants a lil bit. Not a full blown opening of the flood gates since they are still just rookies, but enough to make them want to go change.

96) Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
Many question this pick and hate on it but I think I see the vision. You have Teddy who is going to be your quarterback obviously. Adrian Peterson is your starting running back. You need a backup running back so why not take one with a little versatility. McKinnon played QB in college and while he’s no NFL QB, he’s capable. Think of the trick plays the Vikings could possibly play with McKinnon and AP in the back field. Teddy won’t be involved quite as much seeing as how he’s not as athletic as some other QBs but that’s ok. Maybe I’m way out of the park on this one and not even close to what the Vikings are thinking but that’s my thought.

145) David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford
Sooo how did this happen? Yankey at worst was a second round prospect but the Vikings getting him here is just fantastic for them. Yankey can very easily compete for the starting LG job right now and seeing as how they just invested in a first round QB, you’re going to want to do everything possible to keep him upright.

182) Antone Exum, CB/S, Virginia Tech
Vikings desperately needed to address their secondary and this late in the draft Exum has huge value and can honestly start from day one.

184) Kendall James, CB, Maine
Again, solid move by the Vikings snatching up another corner. James isn’t an instant starter but he’s going to be a very good depth guy and can eventually work his way into the rotation while playing special teams the entire time.

220) Shamar Stephen, DT, Connecticut
Stephen has a lot of upside and could have been gone much earlier than this so he has value here too. The Vikings didn’t really need a DT but the good teams draft for value, not need.

223) Brandon Watts, OLB, Georgia Tech
Late round, don’t want to lose him as an UDFA, etc.

225) Jabari Price, CB, North Carolina
Late round, don’t want to lose him as an UDFA, etc.

UDFA) A.C. Leonard, TE, Tennessee State; Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Leonard is just a guy I’ve had my eye on throughout this entire draft process and while he never rose up draft boards as I expected, I still like him and what he can possibly contribute to the team but he has some off the field concerns and it’s not like he’s the most talented guy. Idk he just caught my eye for whatever reason. Antonito Richardson on the other hand, how the fuck did he go undrafted? I know some teams fell out of love with him but undrafted? Really? The guy has legitimate potential to be a starting left tackle, that doesn’t go undrafted. Although while his ceiling is in fact high, his floor is fucking way WAY down there too soooooo I guess it’s understandable haha.

Overall the Vikings did fucking fantastic for themselves. They won this draft. Before seeing any guys on the field I hands down give the Vikings the first place trophy, blue ribbon, pretty sash, tiara and flowers because they won. Every single pick they made had value, filled needs, worked together and seemed like followed a plan. Watching the draft unfold for them it seemed as if they said “OK this is what we’re going to do” before the draft started and then they went out there and did it. Very well done by the Vikings here and I hope these guys all work out well for them.

Overall grade – A++

B)
Gold: 809.00
May 17 2014 10:18am
Enjoying the Raiders A+ B)

This post was edited by Benny21 on May 17 2014 10:18am
Gold: 3.00
May 17 2014 12:49pm
Agreed on Raiders :)
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll