d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.13 Active/fissure Druid Guide
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 546.00
Oct 13 2012 11:24pm
Quote (proph21 @ Oct 13 2012 10:04pm)
Very creative guide.  It's awesome to see guides like this coming up, especially from old schoolers.  My only concern is the lack of fbr from going MB with spirit, but then again this isn't an issue in pubs.  Not many good tri-ww barbs on east anymore, let alone any that chill in pubs.  MB on spirit should work perfectly fine against those cheating barbs and other melee chars in pub games, especially since the purpose of the MB is to be able to take hits while baiting :D.  If I had the funds I would make a build like this.

It's the baiting factor most people overlook. Yea you want a nl to drop fiss's on people, but with the delay, keeping one cast on yourself is a win.
He's actually still undefeated in 4v4's (which I kind of discredit since it could just be me landing sick teams constantly :P ) but yea, running about 80% in pubs with his full set up that isn't 100% listed. I'll update it soon once I finish a few more testing rounds, but I've actually found some neat ass tricks with wsg'ing with him. Sins are starting to get a shit ton easier since he still has 99/99 on his swap and I completely overlooked it :P

I have the yellow fever, but you're now one of my fav azns ;) . Long time no see as well my friend.
Gold: 121.03
Oct 14 2012 08:21pm
cool guide going to give it a shot

:thumbsup:
Oct 15 2012 11:28pm
Quote (JudgeTedd @ Oct 14 2012 10:21pm)
cool guide going to give it a shot

:thumbsup:

Let me know how it goes! Still tweaking, had to duel my first bowa in 4v4's (I've gotten mad lucky without having to so far :P ) and it was tough. Spirit/ss on swap since someone else can b/o with 30/-30 and phoenix on swap seems best, but hard to switch that fast if you get caught in a 2-3 v 1

I'll keep adding any tips as I come across 'em.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 16 2012 05:02am
Quote (the09resurrect @ Oct 12 2012 11:46pm)
To point 1, yes mb is more or less a must. For baiting pallys/sins/druids/barbs, you need to have mb, no questions asked. But to be fully effective, you also need the 99/99. This is extremely hard to achieve since you have to remember, the -enemy fr is the most essential part of the build to keep him ACTIVE. I'd love to be able to use a jmod or ss as the primary, but that still brings the problem of fcr/fhr. Phoenix outstrips a jmod as well with it's extra 50+ base life, res stack and -28 enemy fr (-8 more than a 20/20). Plus with mb on spirit, it also means you have mb with phoenix. Two big points there, as -78 fr is not fun to stand around in trying to hit against something with mb.

Ok, i understand ur point but u have to face the fact that u have NO CHANCE vs decent kb bowa, barb, hyb/ghost or anything that is capable of doing few fast hits in a row..
I think you have a different statement because you've either never dueled a really badass 63fcr chainlocking-triwhirling BvC or you mailny stick to tvt where the meatshield-tanker is someone else so u dont have to worry about beeing stomped all the time...
I'd honestly rather give up those -res and stick with hotos/fhr pelts/storms or jmods than loose over 1k life! Dont forget that u use block just vs few builds so giving up 1k+ life vs every other char just to be able to deal some more dmg to that 3-4 chars is a bad idea imo.
The way i'd own ur dudu - infernostrides (gm 10max resi, +30fire res), arreat with 30fire/stats jwl and i have just 38 fire res to stack (30 i have already stacked due to anya bug so to stack 8resi is a matter of swaping just 1 sc). And with loosing just ds/ow/cb provided by gores i have ability to counter the whole of your advantage while u r left witha crappy block, low life and lack of dr which is like leap,leap->tele stomp (no u wont run away with crappy 99fcr) ->triwhirl = dead.
And, sorry to say that, but no matter how hard you gonna try to defend your buld the fact that 0fbr with just 8dr (and if to follow ur guide blindy - lack of pets as well!) you are EASY to any decent meele char... no matter how hard u hit with these fissures...
The years of d2 pvp has prooven that the balance between dmg and endurance is the key to building best chars!

I'd personally go with spirit sword, 10fcr/15+fhr/stats craft belt and shadowdancers along with 5/-5 storm and ravenlore (2x 10fcr rings, magefists, 19fcr amy obviously). U will end up with badass 43 dr, max block 99/99 and still with -30fire res.
If u really want to have more fire res than swap storm for 4x rbf'd Jmod which will give totali -45fires but lack of dr. I think loss of 33 (or 48 if u choose storm) -fres is worth of profits like 1k+ life and a lot better chance to block more than 1 hit in a combo (ye, basicly u block just 1 hit per ww because following hits after blocked one cannot be blocked due to block lock).

P.s1. RESTAT OR GET 2 MORE LVLS BECAUSE U NEED THOSE WOLFES BADLY!!!!!!!

P.s2. Think about 5x rbf'd Runemaster (just 1 los of -5fr) due to 'cannot be frozen' mod vs ghosts/sins to be able to wsg more effectivly (they always wear raven = they have cold dmg, so to run away from traps wont be easy if u r frozen)

SRY FOR WALL OF TEXT!!!

This post was edited by mysz15 on Oct 16 2012 05:06am
Gold: 5,000.77
Oct 16 2012 05:41am
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 02:02pm)
Ok, i understand ur point but u have to face the fact that u have NO CHANCE vs decent kb bowa, barb, hyb/ghost or anything that is capable of doing few fast hits in a row..
I think you have a different statement because you've either never dueled a really badass 63fcr chainlocking-triwhirling BvC or you mailny stick to tvt where the meatshield-tanker is someone else so u dont have to worry about beeing stomped all the time...
I'd honestly rather give up those -res and stick with hotos/fhr pelts/storms or jmods than loose over 1k life! Dont forget that u use block just vs few builds so giving up 1k+ life vs every other char just to be able to deal some more dmg to that 3-4 chars is a bad idea imo.
The way i'd own ur dudu - infernostrides (gm 10max resi, +30fire res), arreat with 30fire/stats jwl and i have just 38 fire res to stack (30 i have already stacked due to anya bug so to stack 8resi is a matter of swaping just 1 sc). And with loosing just ds/ow/cb provided by gores i have ability to counter the whole of your advantage while u r left witha  crappy block, low life and lack of dr which is like  leap,leap->tele stomp (no u wont run away with crappy 99fcr) ->triwhirl = dead.
And, sorry to say that, but no matter how hard you gonna try to defend your buld the fact that 0fbr with just 8dr (and if to follow ur guide blindy - lack of pets as well!) you are EASY to any decent meele char... no matter how hard u hit with these fissures...
The years of d2 pvp has prooven that the balance between dmg and endurance is the key to building best chars!

I'd personally go with spirit sword, 10fcr/15+fhr/stats craft belt and shadowdancers along with 5/-5 storm and ravenlore (2x 10fcr rings, magefists, 19fcr amy obviously). U will end up with badass 43 dr, max block 99/99 and still with -30fire res.
If u really want to have more fire res than swap storm for 4x rbf'd Jmod which will give totali -45fires but lack of dr. I think loss of 33 (or 48 if u choose storm) -fres is worth of profits like 1k+ life and a lot better chance to block more than 1 hit in a combo (ye, basicly u block just 1 hit per ww because following hits after blocked one cannot be blocked due to block lock).

P.s2. Think about 5x rbf'd Runemaster (just 1 los of -5fr) due to 'cannot be frozen' mod vs ghosts/sins to be able to wsg more effectivly (they always wear raven = they have cold dmg, so to run away from traps wont be easy if u r frozen)

SRY FOR WALL OF TEXT!!!

You really like throwing words in the air rather than have actual experience under your belt to back your words.
Typical.
Gold: 407.01
Oct 16 2012 05:55am
great guide, also a fun build to play with
Banned
Oct 16 2012 06:37am
Quote (Lightman @ Oct 16 2012 11:41am)
You really like throwing words in the air rather than have actual experience under your belt to back your words.
Typical.

;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

iv tried almost every possible build in this game + iv actually dueled few of such fire druids so i know whats goin on.
If u think that im bullshitting than i gimme examples and couter them instead of coming out with such useless opinions.
Btw. Its not your first post when u show how stupid and unexperienced u r;) Iv seen u here trolling around not once...

This post was edited by mysz15 on Oct 16 2012 06:37am
Oct 16 2012 08:53am
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 07:02am)
The way i'd own ur dudu - infernostrides (gm 10max resi, +30fire res), arreat with 30fire/stats jwl and i have just 38 fire res to stack (30 i have already stacked due to anya bug so to stack 8resi is a matter of swaping just 1 sc). And with loosing just ds/ow/cb provided by gores i have ability to counter the whole of your advantage while u r left witha  crappy block, low life and lack of dr which is like  leap,leap->tele stomp (no u wont run away with crappy 99fcr) ->triwhirl = dead.

SRY FOR WALL OF TEXT!!!

Even after all that though, you neglected that fire attacks also do physical dmg. You're still getting hurt from that. Plus even with all that on, fire still hurts. Quite a bit. It's been tested numerous times, it's not like I just threw this guide together. Leap/leap with a tri-ww from a baba when it's right into a fire field vs max block still doesn't kill you. Already said I can tank 7-8 ww's pretty easily with him, and that's sans full dr.
Wolves, again, are okay. It's why I listed them as an option, simply not my preference.
Sins that ww me make my life easy. Fissure fields eat up sinnys. Plus I can always just throw on a raven of my own -_-

Quote (simplol @ Oct 16 2012 07:55am)
great guide, also a fun build to play with

He keeps me amused.
Banned
Oct 16 2012 09:23am
Quote (the09resurrect @ Oct 16 2012 02:53pm)
Even after all that though, you neglected that fire attacks also do physical dmg. You're still getting hurt from that. Plus even with all that on, fire still hurts. Quite a bit. It's been tested numerous times, it's not like I just threw this guide together. Leap/leap with a tri-ww from a baba when it's right into a fire field vs max block still doesn't kill you. Already said I can tank 7-8 ww's pretty easily with him, and that's sans full dr.
Wolves, again, are okay. It's why I listed them as an option, simply not my preference.
Sins that ww me make my life easy. Fissure fields eat up sinnys. Plus I can always just throw on a raven of my own -_-

again - if u can tank 7-8 wws of Bvc with that setup than u obviously dueled a really crappy bvc (i have to remind u that u dont even have 5k life).
Dont forgot about stun effects of leap and mb + traps! If u r stunned u cant cast spells (remember about dudus terrible fram tables)
so stomping u with getting hit only by armaggedon is not a big problem.
I see u still cant accept simple facts.. I'd really like to show u that u r wrong in this aspect, but unfortunatelly im EU and we dont have any chance to duel:(

Oct 16 2012 12:58pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 11:23am)
again - if u can tank 7-8 wws of Bvc with that setup than u obviously dueled a really crappy bvc (i have to remind u that u dont even have 5k life).
Dont forgot about stun effects of leap and mb + traps! If u r stunned u cant cast spells (remember about dudus terrible fram tables)
so stomping u with getting hit only by armaggedon is not a big problem.
I see u still cant accept simple facts.. I'd really like to show u that u r wrong in this aspect, but unfortunatelly im EU and we dont have any chance to duel:(

Or you can just try making one instead of presumptive statements about what you THINK would happen where as I actually have one and know...

Prob asking too much there though
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll