d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.13 Active/fissure Druid Guide
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 248.00
Oct 12 2012 01:53pm
Quote (Mustang69 @ Oct 11 2012 08:47pm)
so dont you use.

Anyone can read this guide and get an idea of whats going on.

You can say that about literally every single guide ever made. That doesnt make it good.
Gold: 0.69
Trader: Trusted
Oct 12 2012 02:20pm
Did you suggest max block with a druid using spirit monarch?
Bad idea is what I think.

What is your health without oak with your set-up?

This post was edited by Djsem on Oct 12 2012 02:20pm
Gold: 546.00
Oct 12 2012 02:33pm
Quote (Djsem @ Oct 12 2012 04:20pm)
Did you suggest max block with a druid using spirit monarch?
Bad idea is what I think.

What is your health without oak with your set-up?

I did, because it also gives me max block with phoenix, another crucial aspect. It's impossibly hard to replace having mb/99/99 when you use a field-laying character. Being able to tank hits is the base of baiting.

I tried without and only having mb with an ss, but the results were quite awful.

4,6k at level 89. 5k with phoenix.

This post was edited by the09resurrect on Oct 12 2012 02:33pm
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 12 2012 05:10pm
I really like such rare builds and i have a lot of respect for people who give them a shot.
Guide is overally pretty good but there r some parts which caused raise of my right eyebrow;)

mb with base mon?;OOOOO umad?
i just tested it and it requires ~360dex !!
compared to storms ~230dex ... man... its a loss of ~1,2k life = 2 avarage pvp hits
I'd rather go with 4x rbf'd jmod (or even 3soc if u r poor) or storm 5/-5, and use spirit vs casters...

Man - I dunno how u would like to win with any decent bowa/bvc WITHOUT ZOO, WITH 0 FBR AND 8DR!!!!
It costs just 2 skillpoints to get wolfes! Its a lot easier to duel babas and hdins with them thats why ANY meatshield is a MUST!
Id honestly go with pure vita than with mb while having 0fbr... The animation is sooo slow that once u get caught by a BvC or Kb bowa u r locked = dead.
U forgot about dr aswell...
No meatshield + no fbr + no dr = u r 1 ww for IK barb

The cooldown of fire spells is so looong that pure fire druid isnt (IMO) as effective as Shaman, who (or which - correct me plz;P)
in cooldown time can stomp enemies with bear.

4. Id replace aldur boots with dancers (its not that hard to find other source of fire res) or any rare frw/fhr boots with str/dex/life + fire res - U will definitely end up with a lot more life.

This post was edited by mysz15 on Oct 12 2012 05:12pm
Oct 12 2012 05:46pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 12 2012 07:10pm)
I really like such rare builds and i have a lot of respect for people who give them a shot.
Guide is overally pretty good but there r some parts which caused raise of my right eyebrow;)

mb with base mon?;OOOOO umad?
i just tested it and it requires ~360dex !!
compared to storms ~230dex ... man... its a loss of ~1,2k life = 2 avarage pvp hits
I'd rather go with 4x rbf'd jmod (or even 3soc if u r poor) or storm 5/-5, and use spirit vs casters...

Man - I dunno how u would like to win with any decent bowa/bvc WITHOUT ZOO, WITH 0 FBR AND 8DR!!!!
It costs just 2 skillpoints to get wolfes! Its a lot easier to duel babas and hdins with them thats why ANY meatshield is a MUST!
Id honestly go with pure vita than with mb while having 0fbr... The animation is sooo slow that once u get caught by a BvC or Kb bowa u r locked = dead.
U forgot about dr aswell...
No meatshield + no fbr + no dr = u r 1 ww for IK barb

The cooldown of fire spells is so looong that pure fire druid isnt (IMO) as effective as Shaman, who (or which - correct me plz;P)
in cooldown time can stomp enemies with bear.

4. Id replace aldur boots with dancers (its not that hard to find other source of fire res) or any rare frw/fhr boots with str/dex/life + fire res - U will definitely end up with a lot more life.

First off, thank you for the input.

To point 1, yes mb is more or less a must. For baiting pallys/sins/druids/barbs, you need to have mb, no questions asked. But to be fully effective, you also need the 99/99. This is extremely hard to achieve since you have to remember, the -enemy fr is the most essential part of the build to keep him ACTIVE. I'd love to be able to use a jmod or ss as the primary, but that still brings the problem of fcr/fhr. Phoenix outstrips a jmod as well with it's extra 50+ base life, res stack and -28 enemy fr (-8 more than a 20/20). Plus with mb on spirit, it also means you have mb with phoenix. Two big points there, as -78 fr is not fun to stand around in trying to hit against something with mb.

That actually kind of addresses point 2 as well. I can usually tank 5-6 ww's with block and having run on, and that's without them hitting. Most baba's take 4-5 to hit me when they land, but you have to remember that he is still mb and lowering block penalty by using fissure field as another form of "blocking." People think twice before running into that. Again, it applies to zons as well because you're using your arma's field to activate their passives and deal damage, plus fissure's range means a nl onto them and laying in front, it's how I handle most zons. Plus he does still have the ber'd ss in stash if need really be, slap that on with the spirit sword and you still have 99/99 with 51% dr and the 25% fbr. The fire's still enough to drop most zons. Just another option

The fbr I compensate for by using all my block percentage to it's highest effect by using walk as opposed to run when tanking shots.

For point 3, I said earlier it's about 2 teles per 1 fissure, and you can have 2 fissures going at once with a third in wait. The biggest downside to a shaman is that you don't have much fire dmg, it's all armageddon anyhow. Shaman may be a bit easier to use for most people, but again, this isn't a guide for a shaman so it's kind of silly to rate him as one ;)

For 4, yea I talked about that earlier. It actually is pretty damn hard to cover that fr when you consider you absolutely NEED to have that 30/-30 wep on primary. As far as I know, even if you went all out and pulled 30fr on the primary 10/20/15 caster ring, you'd still be too short to hold the 75/75/75 I like to at all times. Plus it becomes overkill fhr by 10% since you can't drop a clean 10% off anywhere else, and I'd rather have aldur's life and the fr.

Good things to point out, hopefully I addressed them all suitably. Those are just my results from all the testing/playing I've done with him.

This post was edited by the09resurrect on Oct 12 2012 05:48pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2012 04:38pm
always good to see people try break the mould with an old game like this

i wont nitpick because there can always be rewrites and new versions

but i will say this about the dr, i see dr etc as a safety net yes its a good idea to have it but the show just isnt as good with it there :)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 13 2012 05:00pm
I think jmod is better for this char ~4 k life with mb.
Max armagedon is usefull, you can have 21k armagedon at lvl 98 and armagedon protect you when you recast and hit with some physical dommages :)
nice guide
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2012 06:20pm
Looks nice and all but I would rather go for a gg 2/3 fissure pelt than ravenlore since -efr will be resisted by people that use hotspurs and other resist gear.
Oct 13 2012 06:32pm
Quote (DanteBlack @ Oct 13 2012 06:38pm)
always good to see people try break the mould with an old game like this

i wont nitpick because there can always be rewrites and new versions

but i will say this about the dr, i see dr etc as a safety net yes its a good idea to have it but the show just isnt as good with it there :)

There's a dr option with the stashed s/s, however I do like to have the mb with walk on anyhow, lets me tank about 10 hits before any bvc gets me ;)
Plus you can still have the 99/99 bp options with the full dr as well when using ss and spirit sword, but you lose the majority of the -fr that you need to drop bvc's quickly. Arma's physical damage is nice here, but it's a hard make up for doing 30% more damage on your fissure and arma hits, as well as lowering that extra 30 res. One option is to drop the bp's and just keep your 30/-30 wep on since barbs are relatively easy to tank out, and again, you can use your fissure to force them to ww through to hit your or name lock when they try to move out, staying in your own fissure field in the event they try a cheeky nl back onto you.

A big help here is oak-cast timing. People love to target oaks. Resummon as they tele, watch them land SMACK in the middle of a fire-death field. Dr doesn't have much use when doing things like that :P

And of course, there's always the obvious fact that so few things actually rely on physical these days, basing off a ss build for the dr leaves you with TONS of holes that are tough to fill without building around a more useful and practical base.

Quote (G0ldF1nG3r @ Oct 13 2012 07:00pm)
I think jmod is better for this char ~4 k life with mb.
Max armagedon is usefull, you can have 21k armagedon at lvl 98 and armagedon protect you when you recast and hit with some physical dommages :)
nice guide

Yea, someone mentioned that earlier, however again the big issues are the breakpoints there. Plus phoenix gives more of the -res, which I view as more important. The extra life and +max res's for light/fire don't hurt either, but you'd still need mb with spirit like I set him up for that to be a viable option :P
Plus you're forgetting that his arma still does a respectable 8k, and physical side, that's also being played off with the -enemy fr. I'll be doing quite a bit more arma with levels, but 8k @ lvl 89 has been holding up better than I expected. A lot of stray kills on casters.

Quote (Mokuba @ Oct 13 2012 08:20pm)
Looks nice and all but I would rather go for a gg 2/3 fissure pelt than ravenlore since -efr will be resisted by people that use hotspurs and other resist gear.

I actually tried that, but the big issue again was the docking of the enemy res. While they may use hotspurs and other res gear, most people land around 90-95 fr with that set up, and his base with the 99/99/mb/max res/-50 still sets them back into the 40's. Down into the low 10's with the phoenix on.
Couple in the resist all from rlore and the fact that to make a pelt like that (2/3) usable in normal context, it'd lose the fhr from shael since it'd need 2x facets, well, yea. I tried a 2/10/3 with sdancers to hit the 99fhr bp, but sans the rlore's -res, it just did not do the damage it needed to.

This post was edited by the09resurrect on Oct 13 2012 06:42pm
Gold: 24,465.64
Oct 13 2012 08:04pm
Very creative guide. It's awesome to see guides like this coming up, especially from old schoolers. My only concern is the lack of fbr from going MB with spirit, but then again this isn't an issue in pubs. Not many good tri-ww barbs on east anymore, let alone any that chill in pubs. MB on spirit should work perfectly fine against those cheating barbs and other melee chars in pub games, especially since the purpose of the MB is to be able to take hits while baiting :D. If I had the funds I would make a build like this.

This post was edited by proph21 on Oct 13 2012 08:08pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll