d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.13 Active/fissure Druid Guide
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,592.53
Oct 16 2012 01:17pm
Quote (the09resurrect @ Oct 16 2012 02:53pm)
Even after all that though, you neglected that fire attacks also do physical dmg. You're still getting hurt from that. Plus even with all that on, fire still hurts. Quite a bit. It's been tested numerous times, it's not like I just threw this guide together. Leap/leap with a tri-ww from a baba when it's right into a fire field vs max block still doesn't kill you. Already said I can tank 7-8 ww's pretty easily with him, and that's sans full dr.
Wolves, again, are okay. It's why I listed them as an option, simply not my preference.
Sins that ww me make my life easy. Fissure fields eat up sinnys. Plus I can always just throw on a raven of my own -_-

He keeps me amused.

oh boy. I suppose there isn't any good ghost representation these days?
like uh.. people who don't teleport into fissures. or attempt to trap and hold the druid til the fissures go away?

I do think fire druids are a lot of fun. personally I only had experience playing on them on priv realms where things aren't the same as on bnet.
I was somewhat fond of circlet 99 fcr setup with mass facets for fissure. but playing 163fcr volcano as the primary skill really got me hooked. idk how it would play on bnet since it would have far less physical volcano damage than where I played.
anyways, cool to see people playing this class.

on the note of the guide itself, I don't wanna critique it too much (been at least 5 years since I touched a fire druid), but uh.. I really can't see slow block rate shields providing much protection. maybe vs pubs but uh.. idk, it's still a bit of a paper shield.
also I disagree with your part on keeping run off. when you don't move, you don't lose your block%, it's when you are actually moving that it drops. but given that the vast majority of the time moving out of the way of an attack is better than chancing block, I would try to sidestep stuff, and I would not use "walk" because it's slower and hence I am chancing block by not just getting out of the way. I guess you could walk a bit before a tele and keep block up with what you are doing but uh.. its such slow mobility with walk, would rather not try to get myself in those situations in the first place, or just tele out no walk. on a side note, I found 5/5frw to be more effective for a fissure/volcano playing style than 5/20s, again because the build doesn't have dr or much hp once oak dies (which it always does first), so it worked out better for me to just try to not get hit.
not saying what you are doing shouldn't be working for you, but what I did with frw worked out much better for me.

This post was edited by Ziecheik on Oct 16 2012 01:18pm
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 16 2012 01:24pm
Quote (the09resurrect @ Oct 16 2012 06:58pm)
Or you can just try making one instead of presumptive statements about what you THINK would happen where as I actually have one and know...

Prob asking too much there though

i tried to be nice but since im speaking to total ingorant let me make myself clear then.
Your char, when it comes to blocking is a fuckin piece of shit...

It's been avoided for years to go mb with shield without extra block rate/speed, and every newbie knows that!
So u wont make any positive revolution in this aspect...

U simply dueled crappy players... thats where your wrong experience comes from...

I call upon everybody! Dont follow this guide when it comes to block!!!!
Go with spirit sword, ravenlore, 2x 10fcr rings, magefists, storm 5/-5, sandstorms, 2dru/19fcr amu, arach.
U will end up with much better endurance and more than 1k life more!
Stating 360dex to get mb with spirit is a pure phail!!!!
period

Gold: 500.00
Oct 16 2012 01:28pm
Dexterity - Enough for max block with a base monarch. This gives you options, including mb with spirit, phoenix, 60life 20/-20 monarch, and any other shield you choose to add on

dear god ._.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 16 2012 01:29pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 16 2012 07:28pm)
dear god ._.

omgawd at last someone who uses brain posted here...

i try to persuade to that guy that its a pure fail but his counterargument is always the same: "for me it works well"
yeah... for u...
Gold: 500.00
Oct 16 2012 01:35pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 07:29pm)

i try to persuade to that guy that its a pure fail but his counterargument is always the same: "for me it works well"
yeah... for u...

i can't think of a solution that doesn't involve shadow dancers, expensive dex heavy rings and amulets to make this work - and even then that's still a shit tonne of dex we're talkin about
Gold: 1,592.53
Oct 16 2012 01:47pm
I'm wondering, @op: whats your hp without oak? (given that it is almost always gonna die before you actually take a hit)
Gold: Locked
Oct 16 2012 02:47pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 03:37pm)
;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

iv tried almost every possible build in this game + iv actually dueled few of such fire druids so i know whats goin on.
If u think that im bullshitting than i gimme examples and couter them instead of coming out with such useless opinions.
Btw. Its not your first post when u show how stupid and unexperienced u r;) Iv seen u here trolling around not once...

Orly?

Quote (the09resurrect @ Oct 16 2012 09:58pm)
Or you can just try making one instead of presumptive statements about what you THINK would happen where as I actually have one and know...

Prob asking too much there though

This.
Gold: 546.00
Oct 16 2012 03:03pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 03:24pm)
i tried to be nice but since im speaking to total ingorant let me make myself clear then.
Your char, when it comes to blocking is a fuckin piece of shit...

It's been avoided for years to go mb with shield without extra block rate/speed, and every newbie knows that!
So u wont make any positive revolution in this aspect...

U simply dueled crappy players... thats where your wrong experience comes from...

I call upon everybody! Dont follow this guide when it comes to block!!!!
Go with spirit sword, ravenlore, 2x 10fcr rings, magefists, storm 5/-5, sandstorms, 2dru/19fcr amu, arach.
U will end up with much better endurance and more than 1k life more!
Stating 360dex to get mb with spirit is a pure phail!!!!
period

You're getting angry over a guideline to help people towards making a enjoyable char. Try it or don't, just get less emotional over a forum for a game. I explained what I use, why I use it, but you keep postin every hypothetical under the sun with the supposition that you're right .

But your not.

Again, I am more than willin to make changes to my guide, but the char I actually have works better with what he has than what you imagine is good. Covering your ears and chanting 'lalallala' when I respond to your question makes me wonder your business in here in the first place...
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2012 03:07pm
very nice guide :)
Gold: 546.00
Oct 16 2012 05:44pm
Quote (Ziecheik @ Oct 16 2012 03:17pm)
oh boy. I suppose there isn't any good ghost representation these days?
like uh.. people who don't teleport into fissures. or attempt to trap and hold the druid til the fissures go away?

I do think fire druids are a lot of fun. personally I only had experience playing on them on priv realms where things aren't the same as on bnet.
I was somewhat fond of circlet 99 fcr setup with mass facets for fissure. but playing 163fcr volcano as the primary skill really got me hooked. idk how it would play on bnet since it would have far less physical volcano damage than where I played.
anyways, cool to see people playing this class.

on the note of the guide itself, I don't wanna critique it too much (been at least 5 years since I touched a fire druid), but uh.. I really can't see slow block rate shields providing much protection. maybe vs pubs but uh.. idk, it's still a bit of a paper shield.
also I disagree with your part on keeping run off. when you don't move, you don't lose your block%, it's when you are actually moving that it drops. but given that the vast majority of the time moving out of the way of an attack is better than chancing block, I would try to sidestep stuff, and I would not use "walk" because it's slower and hence I am chancing block by not just getting out of the way. I guess you could walk a bit before a tele and keep block up with what you are doing but uh.. its such slow mobility with walk, would rather not try to get myself in those situations in the first place, or just tele out no walk. on a side note, I found 5/5frw to be more effective for a fissure/volcano playing style than 5/20s, again because the build doesn't have dr or much hp once oak dies (which it always does first), so it worked out better for me to just try to not get hit.
not saying what you are doing shouldn't be working for you, but what I did with frw worked out much better for me.

I actually just discovered the value of that 163/cano set up yesterday for myself. Can't believe I overlooked it, shit is hilarious :P
Yea 102 ghosts and c/c trappers are still kind of a challenge, but I'm trying to start using more cano against them, then draw in with the fissure after it's casted.

The block is really for one main reason and truthfully, one reason only. I didn't design him to be a 4v4, 1v1, etc dueler. He's just my wicked fun char to go pubbing with. Vs mercs/charge/ww/nados/kicks/guided and all the cross fire that comes from it, he literally lasted about 5 seconds out in the moor without mb. With it, I'll easily take down 2-3 people just because he can survive hits. The 99fhr is more important to me than the block rate since sins are currently the only char aside from 200fcr fb'ers that can lock him.

To the last point, yea I actually looked into the frw option, but it came back to one big issue for me. He stopped having that full functionality as an ACTIVE fissure and I ended up running around in circles just laying fissures and hoping somebody ran into them or I got an nl. It brought me back to the primary issue that made fire druids so damn boring when I originally started messing with them. By going with more of the fcr focus, it literally forced me into having to actually use it, and that's where all his fun for me came from :P

Good points on all counts! Thx for the input!

Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 16 2012 03:35pm)
i can't think of a solution that doesn't involve shadow dancers, expensive dex heavy rings and amulets to make this work - and even then that's still a shit tonne of dex we're talkin about

It's a lot, but my 4,6k life @ lvl 89 is also not having his gear stacked to the best it could be. I borrowed some of the top-grade ele druid gear from a buddy and got my life to over 5,4k with just adding some odds and ends, with his base 99/99. With the -78 phoenix set up, it was almost 6k

Quote (Ziecheik @ Oct 16 2012 03:47pm)
I'm wondering, @op: whats your hp without oak? (given that it is almost always gonna die before you actually take a hit)

Thought I posted it somewhere in here. Believe it's 2,3k un-oaked currently. Will have to verify that when I get home. I actually use oak as bait a lot of times, so it's usually almost always cast since it's part of my dueling strategy with him. Just haven't gotten a good enough way of explain it yet to list it in his dueling strats :P

Quote (BuSTeR416 @ Oct 16 2012 05:07pm)
very nice guide :)

Thx :D

Quote (mysz15 @ Oct 16 2012 03:29pm)

yeah... for u...

Is it a shocker that I wrote a guide for a character that works for me? Isn't that how this works?

This post was edited by the09resurrect on Oct 16 2012 05:45pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll