d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Wooliebooger's Pvp Bearzon Guide
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.50
Apr 9 2012 11:01pm
wooliebooger's pvp bearzon guide

Introduction:
Hi, I'm a little bored and noticed there aren't really very many guides for a bearzon and most of them seem a bit lacking in my eyes so I figured I'd just post my own. This is by no means the only way to build this type of amazon, but I've tinkered with it for a while and found this set up to be more than enough to handle pvp.

Depending on what you have to work with, your bearzon should be around these stats:

- ~4k+ life no bo, 6k+ with cta (depending on setup)

- ~10k-40k attack rating (depending on setup)

- max block

-max dr (in melee setup)

-stacked res (in res setup)

-86fhr in all setups and a 4-6 frame attack speed

- about 60% dodge and evade

-about 70% critical strike and avoid

Few things to know about a bearzon:

-First off, a bearzon is not a very common character choice, and that's mostly because they're not the greatest duelers. They're a melee character who rely on a regular attack coupled with mods like deadly strike, crushing blow, open wounds, and critical strike as opposed to something like zeal, concentrate, fury/rabies etc.. but that doesn't mean they're necessarily useless, just means this isn't the build for you if you want a fpk character.

-A bearzon shines in the capability to utilize the amazon passive skills coupled with 4k+life without bo, max block, and max damage reduction, making it a pain to kill.

-Like most melee characters, this build is not exactly cheap

-Mad style points if you have one that works B)
Apr 9 2012 11:02pm
Skills:
Since you are a bearzon, you only have one skill tree to worry about as opposed to the 2 or all 3 that other zons use. All of your skills will go into the passive tree, with out these skills, your bearzon is not viable. Some of these skills you might not have to max out depending on how many pluses to skills you have.

-Main Skills:

-Penetrate: This skill gives pluses to your attack rating. Max this.

-Dodge: Depending on the pluses to skills you get from your gear, you'll want to level this until you get to as close to 60% as possible.

-Avoid: Depending on the pluses to skills you get from your gear, you'll want to level this until you get as close to 70% as possible.

-Evade: Depending on the pluses to skills you get from your gear, you'll want to level this until you get as close to 60% as possible.

-Critical Strike: This skill gives you a chance to double your damage. Depending on your pluses to skills from your gear, you'll want to level this until you get as close to 70% as possible.

-Inner Sight: This skill is actually kinda useful for your build. You can use it to lower the defense of your opponent and make them a little easier for you to hit. One point in here is worth it in my opinion and if you have points left over and are more melee oriented as far as who you duel you could spend them here.

-Slow Missiles: This is a 1 point wonder skill. It slows down ranged attacks so you can out run them. Every zon should have a point in this skill as far as I'm concerned.

*With all skill quests done, the skills listed above can all be maxed with 1 point in IS and SM at level 91*

-Optional Skills:You don't really need these, but if you have points left over you could spend them here.

-Valkyrie: The few bearzon builds I've found mention using this skill. Personally, I don't feel like its needed; its not nearly as useful as a necs, sins, or druids summons. Its up to you to decide whether or not to put a point here and use it for cannon fodder.

-Guided Arrow and Multishot: You can put a point here if you wanted to add a little range to your bearzon. I tried it for a little while and I didn't really ever have a need to use this. Up to you whether or not to skill either of these.

-Lightning Fury: Another skill you could use if you wanted to add range to your bearzon. I tried this too and never really needed it. Skill it if you want but keep in mind that your Tgods already has +3 to this skill.

Stats:
Stating this build is pretty straight forward.

-Strength: Enough to wear all your gear in every set up. Keep your sorb setups in mind when stating this!!!

-Dexterity: Enough to have max block while in your Melee Setup using dual angelics and stormshield.

-Vitality: All left over points go here.

-Mana:
You're a bearzon, not a bearsorc. No points here.
Apr 9 2012 11:03pm
Gear:
bearzons use very specific gear to hit the breakpoints they need. I'll list other options, but they won't be nearly as effective as what I list in green

-Helm: Really only 2 helms you need for this character but I'll list a few more possible options

-Rare or crafted visionary: THE helm of choice for this build. Ideally, you'll want to shoot for a 2 zon/30frw/vis/str/dex/life/res/2 soc helm, but to find a 2 soc zon vis is VERY difficult, so any other visionary helm with life/stats works fine, crafted ones can give 10 fhr and deadly strike mods to a vis which are always welcome and can save you a spot or 2 in your inventory instead of having to use fhr charms.. Preferably find a 2 socket one and put cham/ber in it.

-Kira's Guardian: Your helm for your resistance set up. It has cbf on it so you don't have to use a cham or a ravenfrost while stacking resistances and sorbing, plus it has 20 fhr on it, making it easy to maintain 86fhr while stacked. Get one with as close to 70 resistance as possible and socket it with either um, pdiamond, or max res rune// jewel of your choice

-Harlequin Crest Shako: Its not the best helm for this build, but its not the worst. +2 all skills & attributes, Life on level, and 10% dr make it a good choice for a cheap alternative. Socket it with either ber, cham, or any other rune or jewel to make up in any areas you feel are lacking.

-Crown of Ages: Again, good helm, not the greatest though. Has some great mods to help you fill in any gaps you might have like fhr, res, and dr, only problem is the strength requirement is a little high and it doesn't do anything for your attack rating. If you decide to go this route, find a nice 2 socket one and put cham + a nice rare jewel or 2 nice jewels in it. You could ber it if you wanted but since you're using stormshield most of the time already, it might just wind up being overkill.

-Guillaume's Face: It's a pretty neat helm for melee characters with the 35% crushing blow and 15% deadly strike. Plus the 15 to strength and the 30% fhr help to fill any gaps in your set up. I've just never really had to use one of these. Socket it with a cham or a ber if you choose to go this route.

-Armor: Only a few armors really worth listing here.

-Fortitude: The king of melee armors, Fort gives just about all the mods you'll need. Life, 7dr, resistances, good def, chilling armor, rep life, and 300% enhanced damage. You really cannot go wrong with this armor. Try to get one as close to perfect as possible and make sure its in a lighter armor like a dusk shroud or an archon plate so it doesn't slow down your run.

-Enigma: This armor is the one you'll be using to chase down faster chars like bow zons. There are plenty of mods on Enigma that are great for your character, but I don't recommend building your bearzon around this. Fort is better for this build in the long run, and if you stat to use all your gear while wearing enigma, you're pretty much married to the armor.

*Resistance Armor*
This is kind of a grey area on which you decide to pick. I'm sure there are other options out there but I just used what I had lying around on mules.

-24 fhr jewelers armor:
This is the one I use. I had a 60/60/24 ancient collecting dust and it works fine on my bearzon. The 24fhr is helpful to maintain your 86fhr break point while using a tgods. Could probably socket it with better jewels since the 60 ias from the armor isn't needed but I'm lazy.

-Chains of Honor: Another great armor for a res set up. Its a little more common than a jewelers fhr armor and its got 65 resists, 8dr, rep life, and 20 strength. The only reason I don't use this is because A.) I don't have room in my stash & B.) I prefer to have the 24 fhr on a more customizable armor.

-Stone or Duress: Both are alright if you can't afford any of the armors above. They've got res/fhr and stone has a few stats. Personally I wouldn't bother using them.

-Treachery: I don't think you really would need this but I'll put it on the list. Its really just for fading and then switching to a better armor. Probably just a waste of space that you don't have as a bearzon.

-Belt: There are only 3 belts you'll need for this build

-Crafted Open Wounds Belt: This is your belt to use when you're in a melee set up. Mods to look for are 24%fhr, high ow%, life, strength, res etc.. Ideally you'll want your belt to have 24%fhr so you don't have to make up for it in charms later and at least 20 strength so its similar to wearing a tgods when you're swapping around gear.

-Rare Tri-Res Belt: This is your belt for when you're in your resistance set up. Again, mods to look for are 24%fhr, life, strength, multiple high types of res etc.. Also make sure this belt has 24%fhr and at least 20 strength so its like tgods when swapping around gear.

-Thundergod's Vigor: This is your belt vs anything that has to do with lightning damage. You will need this in the long run.

-Verdungo's Hearty Cord: Use this if you cant afford the 2 fhr belts above. You don't really need the dr if you wind up using ber in your shield or helm and you'll have to make up the fhr elsewhere.

-Arachnid's Mesh: There really isn't a need for this. I only listed it as something you'd use if you wanted to prebuff. Waste of space in my opinion.

-Gloves

-Crafted blood gloves: Best gloves for this build. They can have 10% crushing blow, which is always welcome, and they can have great pluses to strength, dexterity, life and +2 to passive skills etc.. Why wouldn't you use them? You don't need ias on them since a bear gets its attack speed from the weapon it uses, so mods to look for are +2 passives, strength, dex, life, high cb%, res, etc..

-Rare dual stat gloves: They're just like the crafted blood gloves, only no crushing blow. Use these if you can't find the gloves listed above.

-Dracul's Grasp: They're not as nice as the gloves mentioned above, but they do give strength, 25% open wounds, and life tap. Kind of bm, and I really wouldn't bother using them unless I tried to use my bearzon for pvm, but what ever floats your boat.

-Bloodfist: They give 30%fhr to fill in any gaps in your build, they give 40 boable life, and best of all, they're cheap. Not the best gloves for the build but noteworthy.

-Steelrend: These give up to 60% enhanced damage, 10% crushing blow, high defense, and 20 strength. Too bad they're strength requirement is 185, making it the highest strength item you would use so the stat bonus rends gives you is pointless. Also, there are cheaper gloves you can use like the ones above. I used a pair of these for a little while. Not worth the investment into strength to use them in my opinion.

-Boots:

-Shadow Dancers: Probably one of my favorite pairs of boots in the game to use. These things give 30frw, 30fhr, and up to 25 dexterity. The only problem with these boots is that the strength requirement is a little on the high side even with the -20%req. Its worth the investment in strength since you're already going to be needing 156 strength for a spirit monarch and storm shield. Make sure you get a pair that's as close to 25dex as you can.

-Gore Rider: Personally, I don't use these, but they are a great pair of boots for this build. 30%frw, 15%ds, and 10%ow are all great mods to use on a bearzon since that's how most of your damage translates from your attack to your opponents health. If these had fhr or dexterity on them like dancers I would totally use them.

-Hotspur: I love these boots. They are the bane of a fire sorcs existence, and as such should be used against them. You will need these in the long run.

-Aldur's Advance: These are alright; they give the most frw of any other boot in the game and give a substantial amount of life and fire resistance. You could use these instead of hotspur if you wanted but I wouldn't bother.

-Waterwalk:
These are pretty good too with the 20%frw, 15 dexterity, up to 65 life, and 5% maximum fire resistance. If they had fhr on them they would be amazing, but since they don't I wouldn't use them over dancers.

-Sandstorm Trek: Another noteworthy boot. 20% frw & fhr, up to 15 to strength and vitality, up to 70% poison resist, and they self repair so you could get an ethereal set for more defense. I would use these if you couldn't get a hold of a good pair of dancers.

-Rings: As with any character, you've got a lot of rings for different situations

-Angelic's: These are the rings that are going to give you most of your attack rating. Since you've put a cham in either your helm or shield, you're going to be able to use 2 of these in conjunction with the angelic amulet and have a huge ar boost, 10dex (only 10dex from one ring will take effect), and 115 to life. Use these with your melee set up.

-Ravenfrost: These are your backup ar/mb rings. You'll use these usually when you need to use a different amulet for resistance and what not so you can sorb+ keep mb at the same time if you need to. Use these also in your frw set up. Make sure to have 2 of them with as close to 250ar and 20 dex as possible.

-Dwarfstar: These are for vs fire. Keep 2 on hand in case you have to sorb.

-Wisp Projector: These are for vs light. Keep 2 on hand in case you have to sorb and try to get them with preferably 18+ sorb on each ring.

-Rare & Crafted Rings: These can be really nice with the amount of stats, life and resistance they can spawn with. They can also have pretty decent ar on them. I haven't found a use for them on this build quite yet since the its pretty hard to compete with ravens and angelics.

-Stone of Jordan & Bul Kathos: Not really needed. Only use for them is if you wanted to take the time to prebuff. Its a waste of space in my opinion.

-Carrion Wind: You really shouldn't need these at all but I figured I'd just put them on here In the event you find yourself always dueling only poison necros or something and wanted to stack.

-Amulet: Depending on what you're facing up against, I've found a couple of amulets to compliment your rings and cope with whatever

-Angelic's: This is the amulet you use with the angelic rings mentioned earlier. Use this in your melee set up.

-Metalgrid: This is generally your vs all caster pub amulet. It gives up to 35 all resists and up to 450 attack rating. Use this in conjunction with your ravens and/or sorb rings.

-Highlords Wrath:
This amulet is used in conjunction with either your ravens or your wisps. Its used in your light sorb set up or if you want to use more deadly strike and have a +1 to all skills while dueling someone.

-The Rising Sun: Use this along with your dwarfs and hotspur to complete your fire sorb set up.

-Cat's Eye: This amulets purpose is for stacking frw to catch bowzons. Use this along with your ravens

-Mara's Kaleidoscope: You can use this, it would help for prebuff and give a few pluses to your passive skills along with resists, but its not needed. Metalgrid is better for this character

-Rare & Crafted Amazon Amulet: These can be nice with all the mods they give, but in the long run I feel that the amulets listed above are better.

-Shield: A bearzon has 3 shields to use

-Stormshield: This is your main shield. It gives a lot of defense, a lot of strength, a lot or dr, a lot of cold res and light res, and good blocking frames. If your helm was one soc and you put a cham in it, put a ber in ss. If you ber'd your helm, cham your ss. If you had a 2 socket helm and cham/ber'd it, put either eld in it to reduce the amount of dex needed for mb or put a nice jewel in it.

-Sanctuary: 20% fhr/fbr/icb, 20 dex, up to 70 all res. This is the vs caster shield. Use it vs anything and everything elemental.

-Spirit Monarch:
This is the shield you keep on switch to add skills to bo/wearbear

-Lidless Wall: Use this as your buffer shield if you cant afford spirit.

-Weapon: The staple of the bearzon is its weapon. There are VERY few weps you can use since pretty much all your ias has to come from here. I'll list a few, but If you want to know more about what kind of attack speed you're going to get on your bearzon with any weapon, I recommend using the Titanseal Ias Calculator.

*Titanseal IAS Calculator: http://www.google.com/search?q=titansealias&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np (first link on the list.)

-Grief Phaseblade: This is the best weapon for a bearzon, hands down. You will be hard pressed to find anything that comes close to this runeword. The +damage, ignore target defense, venom, and ias on this make it invaluable to pass up. Every bearzon should have one. Make sure you get a phaseblade and not a berzerker axe. Its the difference between a 6 frame attack and a 10 frame attack. Also, make sure your grief pb has at least 32+ ias to get the 6 frame bp, and also find one with as close to +400 damage as possible.

-Beast:
This is the weapon you keep on switch so you can actually become a bear. Without this, you might as well scrap your glorified mule. You can use this as your main weapon but I wouldn't recommend it. Grief is still so much better and in order to have a decent attack frame with beast, you would need to have one in a caduceus/divine scepter/war scepter and have about 10 ias from somewhere else like your gloves.

-Rare Ethereal Fools Weapon: These can be a really nice addition to your bearzon. They're more for use in gm melee dueling since grief is a banned weapon and give attack rating and damage per level, but you can live without one. You have to keep in mind that if you use one, you'll need to make sure it has enough ias on it to hit at least a 6 frame attack. I use a 40ias/fools/eth pb to hit the breakpoint. Use the titanseal ias calculator listed above to figure out if your weapon is fast enough.

-Demon Limb:
This is a great buffer weapon for all melee characters to have in their stash. The level 23 enchant adds a little damage and a lot of attack rating to your bearzon. It bumps my ar up about 9k more so I can get to some insanely high levels for a bearzon. Highly recommended if you have room in your stash to keep one.

-Breath of the Dying Phaseblade:
With this weapon, you can actually hit a 5 frame attack as opposed to griefpb and beast caddy+ias gloves 6 frame. It does pretty decent damage and has +30 to all attributes, making it easier to get your mb and str required for all of your gear. If you were to stat your bearzon around this weapon though be prepared to probably be married to it since you'll have a little harder of a time swapping out gear. Its a good weapon to try out on your bearzon; I just feel that griefpb is a better choice in the long run.

-Griswold's Redemption: Socketing this weapon with 4 shael runes to get 120 ias will bump your bearzon up to the 4 frame attack break point. This is the fastest attack speed your bearzon will be able to hit, and its one of the fastest attacks in the game. If you have ias on your gloves, you can swap out one or two of the shaels for either 2x 15ias/xx jewels(10ias gloves) or maybe a Lo/nice jewel for ds as long as you maintain 120% ias over all. The speed is nice, but I still feel there are better options for a weapon choice. Definitely funny to try out though; the attack speed is insane.

-6 socket phase blade 75%ias: This weapon is like a gris caddy except it has lower damage. You can swap out 2 of the shaels for anything of your liking as long as you can maintain the 4 frame attack as long as you have 75% ias on the weapon. You cannot use ias from your gloves to hit this break point.

-Inventory: This is where your build will differ from everyone else who uses a bearzon.

-Amazon Torch: Pretty self explanatory. 3skills 10-20 stats/res; try to get one as close to perfect as possible

-Annihilus: Again, pretty self explanatory. 1skill, 10-20 stats/res, 5-10% experienced gained; try to get one with as close to perfect +stats/res as possible.

-Max/ar/life GC/LC/SC: You're going to need to fill up your inventory with melee charms. Use the best ones you can get your hands on.

-FHR charms: Depending on what the rest of your gear looks like will determine how much fhr you're going to need from your charms to hit the 86%fhr break point. What kind of fhr charms you use is entirely up to you also. I, for example, use 7x 5/3/20's in my inv to make sure I hit 86fhr in all my set ups.

-FRW charms: Having a few of these around makes a world of difference when it comes to dueling faster characters like bowzons and sorcs. You can either use max/ar/frw charms or res/frw charms or both, its up to you. I keep 10x 3/5's in my stash to swap out my max/ar/lifers and complete my frw/res set ups.

-Passive skill charms: I've tried thes out before, and personally, I don't feel I need them. My passive skills are at a decent level that I don't feel the need for these and chose to use some ar/life gc's since I get more attack rating in than the plus I get from penetrate. Use a few of these if you feel your dodge %'s are too low but I would not recommend filling your inventory with them. Try to get them with either as much life as possible or 12%fhr so you can hit the 86fhr break point.
Apr 9 2012 11:04pm
Dueling Setups:
I'm listing a few of my set ups to give you a general idea on how you should gear your bearzon in certain situations. You can mix these up a bit to fit your needs. Keep in mind in the pictures, I'm in Hell mode, changed into bear, and not using bo.

-Melee Setup:

Dual angelic/Grief/fools setup:
-Helm: 2/30/17dex/cham'd/vis
-Armor: Fortitude
-Weapon1: Griefpb/fools pb
-Shield1: ber'd stormshield
Weapon2: Beast divine scepter
Shield2: Spirit monarch
-Belt: 24fhr/10ow/20str/74life/23cres mesh belt
-Gloves: 2/20/10cb/9dex/18life sharkskin gloves
-Boots: 25dex Shadow Dancer
-Amulet: Angelic
-Rings: 2x Angelic
Inventory: 7x5/3/20, 12x 3/20/20, 6x 117/45, anni, torch
-Grief:http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii585/woolie-booger/?action=view&current=Screenshot035.jpg
-Fool's:http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii585/woolie-booger/?action=view&current=Screenshot036.jpg
-Demon Limb Chanted Grief:http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii585/woolie-booger/?action=view&current=Screenshot038.jpg
-Demon Limb Chanted Fool's:http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii585/woolie-booger/?action=view&current=Screenshot037.jpg

-FRW Setup:

-165 frw setup:

-Helm: 2/30/17dex/cham'd/vis
-Armor: Enigma
-Weapon1: Griefpb/fools pb
-Shield1: ber'd stormshield
-Belt: 24fhr/10ow/20str/74life/23cres mesh belt
-gloves: 2/20/10cb/9dex/18life sharkskin gloves
-Boots: 25dex Shadow Dancer
-Amulet: Cats Eye
-Rings: 2x 250/20 Ravens
Inventory: 7x5/3/20, 2x 3/20/20, 10x 3/5, 6x 117/45, anni, torch
http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii585/woolie-booger/?action=view&current=Screenshot033.jpg

-Res Setup

-Stacked Resists/Sorb:
-Helm: Um'd Kiras
-Armor: 24/60/60
-Weapon: Griefpb/fools pb
-Shield: Sanctuary tower shield
-Belt: 24fhr/30str/35life/30cres/30Lres/20Fres spiderweb sash or Tgods
-Gloves: 2/20/10cb/9dex/18life sharkskin gloves
-Boots: 25dex Shadow Dancer or Hotspur
-Amulet: Metalgrid or Highlords
-Rings: 2x 250/20 Ravens, 1xraven +sorb ring, or 2x sorb rings
Inventory: 7x5/3/20, 2x 3/20/20, 10x 3/5, 6x 117/45, anni, torch
http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii585/woolie-booger/?action=view&current=Screenshot034.jpg

Apr 9 2012 11:05pm
Dueling Strategies:
I'm not going to straight up tell you how to duel every type of character, but I'll throw in my 2 cents on some of the ones you're more likely to run into.

-Paladins: These are all going to be tough to beat. Unless its built badly, a pally is always going to have a really high defense and almost always max dr.

-Hdins: They're everywhere, and they're annoying. Use Chanted Melee Grief Setup and if you can get them with IS, cast it. Try not to get caught in a hammer field and hit them from the south. This is going to be a tedious fight.

-Smite: This character is the bane of a bearzons existence. Unless they REALLY aren't good and somehow don't have mb, you will probably not win this fight. Try walking away to avoid smite and hitting them when they charge towards you.

-Zeal: If you made a bearzon, you probably like melee duels and if you like melee duels, you'll love fighting zealers. Best to use the melee grief set up vs these but you can go gm and use fools on them. Pretty much make sure you walk instead of run then click and hold. The ones that have extremely high defense will probably beat you, but you'll give them a run for their money. All the other ones are relatively easy since you have block + dodges.

-FOH: Use the Res Setup vs these you will be able to tank a lot of hits from these and could completely sorb them if you need to. As long as they don't start smiting and using holy freeze you should be fine.

-Barbarians: These can either be really easy, or really hard. Barbs have a lot of life, dr, defense, and most of them use whirlwind which makes them a little more difficult to hit.

-Whirlwind: These are the most common barbs you will run into. A good one will attempt to clip you with triwhirls and stay just out of your range. Use the Melee Setups and make sure to walk. Try to catch them at the end of their ww's or if you can tank it, get in the middle of their path when they ww and hold shift +attack. If they don't use a shield, you should take chunks out of them. If they do use a shield, it becomes much harder to land a hit on them while they're in mid ww, but its not impossible, just tedious.

-Concentrate: You don't see many of these but this is usually the gm melee build. They've got max block, max dr, high life, and extremely high defense. Use the Melee grief Setup. These guys don't use ww so you fight them much like you would a zealer, but they're not going to be easy to hit. The good ones will beat you, but this fight is one your build is more acclimated to.

-Berzerk: These aren't too common but every now and then you'll run into one or there will be a bvc trying to use it on you. A true zerk barb is built and dealt with a little like a conc barb. The difference is that a conc barbs defense raises when they hit, zerkers defense plummets. You'll be able to hit them fairly easily but if they land a hit or two, you're toast since zerk hits VERY hard. Not too difficult of a fight though.

-Wolfbarb: Lots of life, high defense, and max block. Fight them like you would a conc barb. Use your Melee Greif Setup.

-Necromancers: These can be very hard to kill and they can be very bm vs a bearzon.

-Bone: These can be one of the most difficult match ups for a bearzon. Use some or all of your FRW Setup to compete with their teleport. Try to catch them without taking 5000 bone spears and spirits to the face and just lay into them. If they're mb, they won't go down easy but if they're vita they'll die quick once you break their bone armor. Don't let yourself get hit by their golem, it will slow you down badly. Also if they start using bone prison on you, shift back to regular and teleport to safety.

-Poison: Much like a bone nec except they need to be closer to land a hit on you and they're all poison damage, which is something you can stack against. Use your Res Setup and the same strategy as the bone nec. You can dodge a poison nova; use it to your advantage. If they start to bp you, switch to enigma and start teleing.

-Assasins: Not a necessarily hard duel, its just a tedious one.

-Trap: The good ones will romp you, but over all, this isn't too difficult of a fight if you don't get caught in stun or dodge lock. Its just a matter of catching them. Use your Res Setup and sorb if necessary.

-Hybrid: This is one of those duels where you're going to actually use a combination of your Melee Setup and your Res Setup. I generally try to use my ss along with my res gear vs these chars so I can stack vs poison and light/fire while also keeping some dr. Make sure you have max block when you fight these and treat them kind of like you would a ww barb with shift+attack. Sorb their traps if necessary. Most of these sins will go down pretty easy if you're patient.

-Ghost: These sins rely more on damage from ww then they do traps, so you'll fight them like you would a barb. Again, use a mix of your Res and Melee Setups so their venom doesn't annihilate you and try not to get caught in stun lock. Over all a pretty easy fight.

Druids: These are another one of the more difficult match ups. They can be either casters or melee characters.

-Windy: The most common and hardest to kill out of the druid builds. They've got a lot of life, they hit hard, and they've got summons which are ontop of them, making it difficult to hit them. Use a setup similar to what you would use if you were fighting a ghost or a hybsin. Their hurricane and summons can put you in a dodge lock so be weary. Try to get in close with out getting hit by tornadoes and lay into them. Best times to catch them are when they're trying to resummon their oak or their wolves. This is a hard fight, and if they have max block then you're going to have a very difficult time killing these.

-Shapeshift: I clumped these all together because you don't see them too often and they don't differ too much from eachother. Use your Melee Setup to duel the fury druids. Use your Res Setup to dual the fire claw druids. You need a combination of a Res and Melee Setup to duel rabies druids. Fury and FC druids will stand their ground and try to take you, and only the really good fury ones will beat you, but a rabies druid might try to land a hit and then stay out of range while poison whittles you down. Just stay on top of them at all times and if you get the chance, pop their oak sage so their life drops considerably. In a lot of cases, you actually wind up being a better druid then a druid is.

-Sorceresses:
These are generally really easy duels. Not a lot of sorcs get max block, and instead opt for a vita or es build, so hitting them isn't too difficult. Its just a matter of catching them.

-Fire: Use your Res Setup and sorb if necessary. Fsorcs have a habit of trying to telestomp people which makes them pretty easy to kill. If they play defensive then just stay on top of them and you'll be fine.

-Light: Use your Res Setup and sorb if necessary. Lsorcs can hit pretty hard, but their attacks are easy to dodge and if its a nova sorc all you have to do is beat them senseless for not having a shield. Just stay on top of them and you'll be fine.

-Cold: These are the hardest sorcs to duel because no matter how much you stack vs them, they will always hit you very hard. Use your res setup with 2x ravens and stay on top of them. Don't run blindly into them if they're camping in their blizzards; try to lure them to you.

-Zeal/Bearsorc: These aren't too common and they're not very hard. You might want to consider using your ss with your res setup vs a chantress. Make sure you have max block in your Res Setup and you'll beat them easy.

-Amazons: These characters can either be some of the hardest duels you can have on any character or some of the easiest. The best zons are all ranged, move and attack very quickly, hit very hard, and they're attacks will follow you and knock you back. This character is the reason you had to have a FRW Setup.

-Bow: The good ones will have a lot of damage and 140+ frw. Use your FRW Setup and stay on top of these guys at all times. Don't let them get away from you or you're screwed. Run after them and when they fire at you, switch to walk. They can be hard fights but if you can keep up with their run speed, you'll be fine.

-Hybrid: Its essentially a bowzon with a shield. Its every bit as much of a pain to kill as a bowa and more. Usually these rely heavily on synching across the map so its harder to keep up when they keep glitching off your screen. Their lightning fury that most hybs use doesn't do too much damage but if you keep getting hit by them over and over it starts to take chunks out of you. Fight these the same as you would a regular bowzon.

-Cs: These guys hit pretty hard with charged strike and lightning fury, but since most of their damage is elemental you can just stack against them. Use your Res Setup with Tgods and sorb if necessary. If they start using farcast then put on your wisps and proceed to eat them. Essentially this is what it should look like when they step out of town.

-Poison: Not too many of these but they're not hard. Use a combination of your Res and your FRW Setups for this duel. Their plague/poison javelin is easy to avoid so just catch up and hit them.

-Bearzon: Its another bearzon like you; walk up and do a chest bump for being awesome. B)

Conclusion:
Well, that's all I've got. If you have any questions let me know. A bearzon is a funny little char with mad style points that's often overlooked. Maybe by putting up this guide, you people reading this will get bored and make one, then I'll actually start running into more of these builds instead of running around being awesome all the time.

Anywho, cheers!
Wooliebooger
Gold: 1,152.00
Apr 9 2012 11:44pm
Very nice guide :)
Gold: 212.00
Apr 10 2012 12:38am
This is ridiculous and I love it

A+

going in the list

This post was edited by Habakkuk22 on Apr 10 2012 12:38am
Apr 10 2012 12:55am
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ Apr 10 2012 01:38am)
This is ridiculous and I love it

A+

going in the list

Quote (Voyaging @ Apr 10 2012 12:44am)
Very nice guide :)

lol thanks XD
Gold: 15,990.50
Apr 10 2012 03:10am
There's a reason to why all matchups are classed as "hard" or "tedious", the build sucks. Any char with max block will rape it and any char that has decent fcr frames will rape it. NO bear-char is EVER any good vs other than retards.
Gold: 212.00
Apr 10 2012 09:11am
Quote (CraZeeY @ Apr 10 2012 05:10am)
There's a reason to why all matchups are classed as "hard" or "tedious", the build sucks. Any char with max block will rape it and any char that has decent fcr frames will rape it. NO bear-char is EVER any good vs other than retards.

They're actually great in melee vs melee

Ama passive skills basically give:
* auto - 72% critical
* auto - 55% dodge rate
* auto - mega AR
* even maxing inner sight is fucking ridiculous in melee vs melee

With these parameters, a bearzon doesn't need to focus on all the usual deadly strike shit, they can wear alternative gear that is used to great effect due to such high crit

If I made a bearzon, it would be specifically for melee (lulz)
and it would be this:

* 20 crit
* 20 dodge
* 20 evasion
* 20 penetrate
* 20 inner sight

You have any idea what this is capable of with proper gear swaps? ^^
If you know how to WSG, a bearzon is nasty shit in melee

This post was edited by Habakkuk22 on Apr 10 2012 09:20am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll