d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Wooliebooger's Pvp Bearzon Guide
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,990.50
Apr 11 2012 02:51am
Quote (tudey @ Apr 10 2012 08:06pm)
meh not 98-99% at all, bow can walk away and bolt/fury with 75% block and dodges and it works pretty well vs most smiters

smiter wins because of uninterruptable attack that stuns and does more damage than cs vs tg (you don't need light res aura or mass res items for anything, javas don't have that much -res), not because java would get dodge locked

again bowas are different than javas, they move by wsging and don't really get dodge locked too easily. javas sort of might but they're shit at gm duels anyway

If a bowa just walks away furying they'll get charged to death, most likley.
Light res aura gives a passive +max res. Max -res a javazon can get is about 60, I know this.. Never ment any stack at all but sorb. It is very much about getting dodge-locked because if you can avoid it you'll have a much greater chance of winning. That is why attacking - WSG away from the smiter - jump - attack- WSG away etc etc etc is the best because of the desynch from WSG making the smiter have a hard(er) time. Of course a top Javazon vs a top Smiter the Javazon won't stand a shit of a chance.
That is true, I never claimed Bowas are easy to dodge-lock but IF you do dodge-lock them they'll lose quite instantly. When I play Nec vs Bowa I always teeth like crazy to dodge-lock then spirit like fuck and after that just spear them to death (if spirits havent killed her).
Some say Javas are indeed "shit at gm duels" but that's when they wear Tg, when they don't they whine that you hack because they got slammed to oblivion. Tg nerfs CS so gdmn much it should be considered bm, Lo + Wisp doesn't even nerf as much as Tg does. Indeed, they are not as great as Hammerdins or any of the FPK chars and never will be but saying that they're shit is false.
Gold: 299.18
Apr 11 2012 03:28am
Quote (CraZeeY @ 11 Apr 2012 11:51)
If a bowa just walks away furying they'll get charged to death, most likley.
Light res aura gives a passive +max res. Max -res a javazon can get is about 60, I know this.. Never ment any stack at all but sorb. It is very much about getting dodge-locked because if you can avoid it you'll have a much greater chance of winning. That is why attacking - WSG away from the smiter - jump - attack- WSG away etc etc etc is the best because of the desynch from WSG making the smiter have a hard(er) time. Of course a top Javazon vs a top Smiter the Javazon won't stand a shit of a chance.
That is true, I never claimed Bowas are easy to dodge-lock but IF you do dodge-lock them they'll lose quite instantly. When I play Nec vs Bowa I always teeth like crazy to dodge-lock then spirit like fuck and after that just spear them to death (if spirits havent killed her).
Some say Javas are indeed "shit at gm duels" but that's when they wear Tg, when they don't they whine that you hack because they got slammed to oblivion. Tg nerfs CS so gdmn much it should be considered bm, Lo + Wisp doesn't even nerf as much as Tg does. Indeed, they are not as great as Hammerdins or any of the FPK chars and never will be but saying that they're shit is false.

tgods alone gives the max gm amount of +max res so you can't use light res aura on top of that. of course anyone good wears tg vs javazons just like anyone good wears tg vs trappers or hots/infernos (depening on rules) vs fbers

damage of one bolt is like 1-10k or was it 10k-10k? in either case tgod is not significally better than wisp + lo. iirc they are average at something around 6k average damage. tg is slightly better (if damage is 1-10k, if it's 10k-10k then wisp+lo is better) but the difference is not too big. It only gets big if you have something like cs/plague or cs/bow build with less damage

the best strategy against smiter is to legit fc and walk away with block. you don't want to wsg unless you wear storm on both slots. and no, bow furying and walking away doesn't get charged to death too easily, at least if they have good javs (which are rare in closed realms though). you're putting waaaay too much emphasis on dodge lock, it's like saying people getting mindblasted just end up being stuck forever. however I guess dodge lock is more significant on javazon because dodges are 2 frames slower without fana from faith, but at least on a bowzon it's not really a big deal

This post was edited by tudey on Apr 11 2012 03:29am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2012 06:23pm
I'm really curious about ghosts being rated as relatively easy. Are you on east nl? I can't say I've dueled a bearzon that was at all serious before. I'd like to see what would happen.

This post was edited by KGBJSP on Apr 11 2012 06:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2012 06:50pm
Nice guide but I have a question. Is visionary really necessary for melee setup. I was thinking guillaume's would be more useful for its 15% ds mod. But idk the mods on the visionary circ are very insane and useful. Be aware that those visionary circs are extremely expensive so you might be better off with guillis if you do not need more ar. I mean angelics should cover ar issues.
Gold: 249.00
Apr 11 2012 07:17pm
This build is just as old as 1.10

And there is a great guide by Gimmershred namer the Fuzzydodger

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Fuzzydodger_PVP_v1.10,_by_Gimmershred
Gold: 50.50
Apr 11 2012 09:09pm
Quote (od_yard @ Apr 11 2012 07:50pm)
Nice guide but I have a question. Is visionary really necessary for melee setup. I was thinking guillaume's would be more useful for its 15% ds mod. But idk the mods on the visionary circ are very insane and useful. Be aware that those visionary circs are extremely expensive so you might be better off with guillis if you do not need more ar. I mean angelics should cover ar issues.

Good question :D Its not a deal breaker to have a visionary but it does help. With my 2skill/17dex/vis, I'll hit 20.5k ar, swapping it out with a guillames drops me down to 15.7. Its really up to you which you want to use; guillaume's is a great helm. I also tried with a 2skill/19dex zon helm and it brought my ar down to 17.3k so its not going to hurt you by a huge amount should you go for a chance to hit a little harder over having more ar. It will just be a little more difficult to land a hit on a higher defense character.

Quote (summerfun @ Apr 11 2012 08:17pm)
This build is just as old as 1.10

And there is a great guide by Gimmershred namer the Fuzzydodger

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:FuzzydodgerPVPv1.10,byGimmershred

I've seen Gimmershred's guide before and its the best one I've come across as far as this build goes, unfortunately his guide was never put up on this site as far as I know. Also, the fhr bp on his guide is wrong, you actually want 86fhr instead of 85. Generally its not a huge issue since chances are you might overshoot your fhr bp by a few %'s but if your gear hits 85% exactly then you'll still be missing a frame. Also I feel that there are more gear options that are not listed in his guide. I tried my best to include as many different options for setups in my build as possible so people who do not have access to higher end items can take a stab at this build. His bears stats are pretty much the exact same as mine, but I have 10k more ar and only have to swap out my beast with a cta to hit 6k life. The weapons that he listed are very slow as far as a bearzon is concerned and it cuts into the effectiveness of the build. All the weapons that I listed were ones that I knew would hit a decent frame. I did forget to mention doom though, I guess you could keep one around to bm but its a very slow attack; you'd need over 100 ias from elsewhere to get past an 8frame attack. Thanks for the input.

@kgbjsp; from my experiences with dueling sins with this build, ghosts seem to go down a little easier than a hybrid since most of their damage comes from their actual ww vs ww + traps

This post was edited by wooliebooger on Apr 11 2012 09:14pm
Gold: 15,990.50
Apr 12 2012 08:38am
Quote (mysz15 @ Apr 10 2012 11:43pm)
its utterly stupid to get on someone for his language... im really sorry that im not professor of english philology-_-  Try than polish u dumbass... id laugh hard seeing you overheating your brain while trying to learn declination of simplest word;)

also id like u to read once again my post #34...  understanding what u read is imo more important than correct spelling;)
i meaned that iv never dueled DECENT ONE - NOT THAT IV NEVER DUELED ONE-_-

and i googled 'bearzon and only crapp popped out;)

face the fact kid... u cant kidd any caster with it without mass absorb cuz they will keep u outta range
-u can kill any meele with it because any barb, smiter, shaper are simply better in combat...
than what u can kill?-_-

You shouldn't be proud of being Polish. Studies have shown that Polish people are among the more stupid ones on this planet due to shitty education.

Quote (tudey @ Apr 11 2012 10:28am)
tgods alone gives the max gm amount of +max res so you can't use light res aura on top of that. of course anyone good wears tg vs javazons just like anyone good wears tg vs trappers or hots/infernos (depening on rules) vs fbers

damage of one bolt is like 1-10k or was it 10k-10k? in either case tgod is not significally better than wisp + lo. iirc they are average at something around 6k average damage. tg is slightly better (if damage is 1-10k, if it's 10k-10k then wisp+lo is better) but the difference is not too big. It only gets big if you have something like cs/plague or cs/bow build with less damage

the best strategy against smiter is to legit fc and walk away with block. you don't want to wsg unless you wear storm on both slots. and no, bow furying and walking away doesn't get charged to death too easily, at least if they have good javs (which are rare in closed realms though). you're putting waaaay too much emphasis on dodge lock, it's like saying people getting mindblasted just end up being stuck forever. however I guess dodge lock is more significant on javazon because dodges are 2 frames slower without fana from faith, but at least on a bowzon it's not really a big deal

If you weren't so hasty I did mention that it is gm but it shouldn't be due to it cripples the char completely, tg vs trappers and/or hots vs fb sorcs doesnt cripple them entirely (sorcs might be an exeption).
It is never a good strategy to legit fc due to most people doesn't consider it to be gm. When I say WSG vs smiters I ofc mean when they're charging after you, you wont get hit as easily so wearing storm on both switches aint needed. It usually doesn't matter how "good" you are as a java because you'll most certainly lose to a smiter.
There is a significant difference between tg and wisp + lo.

This post was edited by CraZeeY on Apr 12 2012 08:45am
Gold: 90.00
Apr 12 2012 09:41am
so basically anything you can't sorb is hard and anything you could sorb is easy?
Gold: 299.18
Apr 12 2012 09:56am
Quote (CraZeeY @ 12 Apr 2012 17:38)
You shouldn't be proud of being Polish. Studies have shown that Polish people are among the more stupid ones on this planet due to shitty education.

If you weren't so hasty I did mention that it is gm but it shouldn't be due to it cripples the char completely, tg vs trappers and/or hots vs fb sorcs doesnt cripple them entirely (sorcs might be an exeption).
It is never a good strategy to legit fc due to most people doesn't consider it to be gm. When I say WSG vs smiters I ofc mean when they're charging after you, you wont get hit as easily so wearing storm on both switches aint needed. It usually doesn't matter how "good" you are as a java because you'll most certainly lose to a smiter.
There is a significant difference between tg and wisp + lo.

I did read it but personal opinions about rules are irrelevant here, the fact is that it is gm.

charged strike is like 1-10k on a javazon per bolt, right?
lets look at the damage of 1 bolt
lets assume it hits the average roll of 5k damage

after pvp damage it is 5000/6 damage

first hit (target is full life):
wisp+lo damage is 5000/6*0.2*0.8=~133
tg damage is 5000/6*0.15-20=104

wisp+lo/tg=133/104=27% more damage taken with wisp lo

hits where target is not full life:
wisp+lo damage is 5000/6*0.2*0.6=100
tg damage is 5000/6*0.15-40=84
wisp+lo/tg=100/84=19% more damage taken with tg

so sure.. there is a difference but I don't think it is enough to "cripple the char completely"

also the actual damage of tg is slightly lower than what the simplified math suggests because in cases where the pvp damage before absorb damage reduction is under 20 you won't get the full effect of the absorbs healing effect. here's a table drt gave me once:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4443/trapst.png
the damages are in format ofi "1-listed value" so the listed value is the max damage
so with 1-10k average tg damage is 89 with that, so wisp+lo has only 12% higher damage after first hit. the amount of bolts is the same regardless of opponent using wisp+lo or tg, so the whole hit will also do 12% more damage with wisp+lo than with tg

I don't think wsging without block on both sides is a good idea vs smiters charging, if they hit you with low block side you'll take a lot of damage. better to just walk and bolt/fury (at least with bowzon, never really tried java v smite)

edit: also I think javas can reach higher damages than 1-10k per bolt, which makes the difference between wisp+lo and tg even smaller

This post was edited by tudey on Apr 12 2012 09:59am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll