d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Encouraging Word Of The Day~ > :)
Prev1262263264265266719Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 72.95
Feb 20 2015 02:12am
It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.
– Philippians 1:15-16

The main motivation for preaching the gospel should be love, but there are those who use the role of preacher for the wrong reasons. Envy or competition can fuel the ambitions of many great speeches, but Paul is warning us to not be swayed by a dynamic personality. Demonstrating God’s love towards his people not only becomes the measuring tape of Christian leadership, it is also one of the greatest defenses of the gospel.
Gold: 0.92
Feb 20 2015 06:29am
2nd Thessalonians 2:13-17
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
Feb 21 2015 06:34am
1st Timothy 3:1-16
1 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Feb 21 2015 08:14am
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Feb 21 2015 08:15am
Feb 22 2015 04:38am
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2
Feb 22 2015 06:04am
2nd Timothy 4:1-4
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Feb 23 2015 06:07am
Titus 2:1-10
1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
Gold: 5,413.90
Trader: Trusted
Feb 23 2015 09:05am
2 Timothy 4:7
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Feb 23 2015 03:57pm
All who are prudent act with knowledge, but fools expose their folly.
– Proverbs 13:16

How much time do you give toward planning? Sometimes we confuse the walk of faith with lack of planning or an ignorance of the circumstances, but the Bible does not condone that type of thinking. Understanding the implications of our actions are not signs of unbelief, but wisdom. Otherwise our ignorance is exposed, and we can be tempted to blame God for our lack of thoughtfulness.
Gold: 5,413.90
Trader: Trusted
Feb 24 2015 06:17am
Psalm 37:39
“But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in time of trouble.”
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1262263264265266719Next
Add Reply New Topic