d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Why Are People Giving Brock So Much Credit?
Prev1789101130Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,600.00
Dec 16 2009 01:46pm
Quote (JSfly @ Dec 16 2009 03:28pm)
LOL you mean collegiate wrestling... I'm no spelling nazi or anything, but that wasn't even close bro :p

Anyways, I'm not sure if you guys remember back when Sokoudjou burst onto the MMA scene in Pride back in 07. He KO'd Lil Nog and Aronas in back to back fights, two guys who were top 10 at the time. EVERYONE jumped on his dick thinking hes the greatest ever.... until he got schooled by Machida.

Same with Alexander Houston, 2 devastating KO victories and everyone jumped on the Assassin Bandwagon. A couple of losses later and everyone jumped off just as quick.

I've seen this happen so many times in MMA, again and again.

Brock Lesnar has had 3 straight victories in the UFC, looking pretty good in most of them. But lets not be too hasty here, he's still relatively new to the MMA scene. I say give it some time before you start thinking he's the greatest HW ever.

This

and is percisely why fedor is the man lol he has oustood the test of time and is still virtually undefeated
Gold: 1.18
Dec 16 2009 02:06pm
Quote (vitt4300 @ Dec 16 2009 12:25am)
M1 would collapse is what you meant............ Fedor has insane take down defense. He also has good striking and knockout power which will End brock.Mir said himself that brock didnt wanna stand up and fight him because mir would own him standing up, so if thats the case Fedor would deff knock brock out standing before it went to the ground. Remember they start the fight standing up

mir said brock didn't want to stand with him LOL, brock didn't say he didn't want to stand with him, brock obv had taking down mir in his game plan and it seemed to have worked, after completely destroying mir the first round by taking him down, why would he want to stand up if he knows he can kill mir on the ground?

chances of fedor running across the ring and k.o.ing brock with 1 punch are extremely slim, brock would easily be able to take him down within the first 10 seconds of the fight if he chose to, fedor would not be able to stop brocks takedowns and brock would neutralize him on the ground def after he started gnping him fedor wouldn't be able to do shit
Quote (vitt4300 @ Dec 16 2009 02:46pm)
This

and is percisely why fedor is the man lol he has oustood the test of time and is still virtually undefeated

we're not talking about back in pride, we're talking about right now, ken shamrock and matt hughes were considered some of the best fighters back then, does that mean they can hang with the fighters nowadays? no, the sport has changed

This post was edited by masterofshadows on Dec 16 2009 02:08pm
Gold: 678.00
Dec 16 2009 02:11pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ 16 Dec 2009 22:06)
mir said brock didn't want to stand with him LOL, brock didn't say he didn't want to stand with him, brock obv had taking down mir in his game plan and it seemed to have worked, after completely destroying mir the first round by taking him down, why would he want to stand up if he knows he can kill mir on the ground?

chances of fedor running across the ring and k.o.ing brock with 1 punch are extremely slim, brock would easily be able to take him down within the first 10 seconds of the fight if he chose to, fedor would not be able to stop brocks takedowns and brock would neutralize him on the ground def after he started gnping him fedor wouldn't be able to do shit

@ bold 1: i've never seen fedor do that
@ bold 2: i disagree. i don't contest that brock would be able to take fedor down, but not at will.
@ bold 3: it takes a lot to 'neutralize' fedor on the ground. a feat which no man has ever accomplished before...
Gold: 0.50
Dec 16 2009 02:15pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Dec 16 2009 03:11pm)
@ bold 2: i disagree. i don't contest that brock would be able to take fedor down, but not at will.
@ bold 3: it takes a lot to 'neutralize' fedor on the ground. a feat which no man has ever accomplished before...

@bold2 -fedor's been outwrestled quite often by people smaller and less talented at wrestling than brock.

@bold3 - fedor has never fought someone who is as big as brock besides hong man choi and those 2 aren't even comparable. Imagine if hong man choi had the wrestling skill and sub defense (upper body) that brock does.

This post was edited by Havocide on Dec 16 2009 02:16pm
Dec 16 2009 02:15pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 16 2009 04:06pm)

we're not talking about back in pride, we're talking about right now, ken shamrock and matt hughes were considered some of the best fighters back then, does that mean they can hang with the fighters nowadays? no, the sport has changed

Fedor still fights today.......
Dec 16 2009 02:16pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Dec 16 2009 03:11pm)

he's never fought anybody as big/strong/athletic as lesnar, rogers had no fucking idea what he was doing on the ground and still held his own against fedor on the ground
Dec 16 2009 02:16pm
Quote (Havocide @ Dec 16 2009 04:15pm)
fedor's been outwrestled quite often in his career.

@bold3 - fedor has never fought someone who is as big as brock besides hong man choi and those 2 aren't even comparable. Imagine if hong man choi had the wrestling skill and sub defense (upper body) that brock does.

at the same time Hong man choi was 360lbs if im not mistaking thats 100lbs on brock
Dec 16 2009 02:17pm
Quote (vitt4300 @ Dec 16 2009 03:16pm)
at the same time Hong man choi was 360lbs if im not mistaking thats 100lbs on brock

uhh thats about 70-75ish lbs on lesnar but hong man choi is a joke compared to lesnar, lesnar would shit on him, lesnar is faster/stronger/way more skilled def on the ground then hong man choi and his torso is just as big if not bigger than choi's

This post was edited by masterofshadows on Dec 16 2009 02:18pm
Gold: 58.00
Dec 16 2009 02:21pm
Quote (masterofshadows @ Dec 16 2009 03:17pm)
uhh thats about 70-75ish lbs on lesnar but hong man choi is a joke compared to lesnar, lesnar would shit on him, lesnar is faster/stronger/way more skilled def on the ground then hong man choi and his torso is just as big if not bigger than choi's

faster/more skilled yes
stronger? im not sure on that
Dec 16 2009 02:23pm
Quote (dechristianize @ Dec 16 2009 03:21pm)
faster/more skilled yes
stronger? im not sure on that

if i had to guess lesnar is stronger in the weight room than choi if even if he wasn't he is still a lot stronger naturally and grappling whys then choi, choi is just goofy and unathletic looking when he fights, i could name like 5-10 hws in the ufc alone that would shit on him
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1789101130Next
Closed New Topic New Poll