d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1192319241925192619272039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 849.09
Jul 6 2015 09:36pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 6 2015 10:05am)
Yes, there are a few ways..

First of all, you could eat smaller meals throughout the day. Also, you can drink a good portion of your calories in the form of weight gainer shakes. Furthermore, you can increase your caffeine intake (2-3 cups of black coffee per day) and also increase overall exercise levels.

There are also supplements such as Controlled Labs - Black Hole, which can aid in increasing your appetite.

i have been trying to do the smaller meals (5-6) daily for a few months now with success. one of those is always a shake, i even bought a ninja pro blender and have been making my own... which brings me to another point, any resources for delicious shakes? ill get back to this later...
i don't usually have any caffeine specific intake, i don't drink coffee because i don't want to rely on it to 'wake up,' i stopped taking preworkouts months ago, and will not drink energy drinks. i do however have a bunch of caffeine pills i saved from a few tubs of the animal m-stak, maybe ill try to take those.
ill have to look up the black hole you are talking about, i was looking for moreso natural ways (i do get the munchies when i smoke reefer, don't smoke anything else though), thanks i will definitely look into that!

and as far as the shakes go, my typical shake consists of the following
-24oz 2% milk
-3 giant scoops of super chunky peanut butter
-1/4 to 1/2 pint of ben & jerrys ice cream (flavors vary, i work there so i always have ice cream)
-1 serving of vanilla mass gainer (might switch to chocolate, or just regular protein... any recomendations for non gainer proteins? prefer something i can buy at a good price in bulk that doesnt taste like chalk)
-1 banana
...this is a typical shake i would imagine to be 1000+ calories and have at least 50-75g protein, although unsure about carbs... and it is probably fatty too
what else can i add to these? oats? fish/olive oils? i have the taste department on lock, but as far as nutritional value, i know i need to get some oats in there just havent ever tried yet.

and lastly, is the animal pak really that bad? i thought it looked like a decent multivitamin especially getting 40 packets, although they recommend taking 2 daily i only do 1 so its cost effective... but people on the forums here laughed at it when i recommended it in a topic

thanks ray
Gold: 478.51
Jul 7 2015 02:44pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 6 2015 07:17pm)
A 30 minute pure endurance plan. Well, 30 minutes isn't a really long time. The question is, what type of endurance? Pure cardiovascular endurance with load bearing? Or endurance in performing a certain movement? Or general muscular/cardiovascular endurance?

Well the quickest I can get the workout done the better I can do a hour if needed. General muscular/cardiovascular endurance
Gold: 0.21
Jul 8 2015 07:56am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 6 2015 11:22am)
OK, first of all, lets discuss your goals. You do not just "get abs". Everyone has abdominal muscles, usually underneath a thick layer of fat. To remove the fat from the midsection, thus revealing the sharpened abdominal region, one would need to lose fat overall, through combined diet and exercise.

That being said, usually for the midsection to become devoid of fat takes a very great deal of dedication and motivation. Most men tend to lose fat in their arms, legs, back, and chest before the midsection even BEGINS to lose fat. That being said, you will need to stick to a solid routine and continue it for as long as possible, making adjustments as needed to suit your goals.

Lifting 2,000-3,000 boxes a day seems like it would be fairly good for calorie burning, but certainly not enough on its own. Modifying your diet is going to be absolutely critical.

You are already 5'11 155, which should be QUITE lean. What is your current body fat%?? You shouldn't be far off of achieving your goals, as long as you stick to a decent workout plan and keep the diet in check.

A sample diet for you, would be around 2,500 cals per day.

2,500 cals (approx)

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + green peppers and onions + 3/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked volume) + handful of mixed berries (any)
Meal 2 - 6 oz grilled chicken + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 1 large salad + 1 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 3 - 2 slices whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + 1 oz of 2% cheese + 1tbsp mayo + veggies (tuna sandwich)
Meal 4 - 6 oz grilled sirloin steak 90/10 or leaner (trim off the fat) + 1/2 cup black beans + 1/2 cup brown rice + veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil
Meal 5 - 1 muscle milk shake (2 scoops) w/ 12oz of milk
Meal 6 - 3/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese + 1tsp heavy cream + handful mixed berries + 10 almonds + cinnamon to taste

Now, I know you don't like protein shakes. However, you could try Muscle Milk, which is about the best tasting shake out there. Chocolate, Brownie Batter, or Cookies & Cream are all phenomenal. Try those, mixed with milk. You can actually go to vitaminshoppe or other supplement stores and buy a muscle milk ready-to-drink carton in the refrigerated section to try it out before buying a whole tub.

That being said, the above diet plan is just a guide, you can modify it as necessary. However you will want at LEAST 200g of protein per day and no more than 2,500 calories. You also want to avoid sugar as much as possible, and drink at least 1 gal of water per day.

As far as working out goes, I would highly recommend that you do a 30-45 minute run/jog/bike/swim each morning on an empty stomach. From there, begin your day as usual.

After your work day, you should do at least 30 minutes of bodyweight exercises, such as these:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

Start there, and lets see what we need to modify in about 4-6 weeks.

My morning bike ride, should it be a decent ride? Or should I go gear to the top and go as fast as I can?
Should I get settled into the morning ride or just try and go full tilt for the 45 minutes?

Alright and when I do my ab work outs which workouts would you suggest me do? Plank, pushups, I have a few ab machines at the gym as well.
I am also allergic to nuts
Cookies, brownies,chocolate etc. Are hard to find but I can figure that out. I will the shake.

How many days do you suggest per week I go to the gym and how long?
Also what exactly would that morning bike ride/ run do for me? Would I take a shake or eat like oatmeal after the run?

I should probably also stay away from junk food and sweets as well. Lol I tend to eat tons of it

This post was edited by killerrs2 on Jul 8 2015 08:03am
Gold: 13,891.00
Jul 8 2015 09:38am
Haven't done much research.
I want to be able to do stuff at home from time to time.
I don't want some shakey peice of crap though. I want a sturdy solid unit that is affordable.

know of some good ones?
I found this in not much time...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VLRVSC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Gold: 25.65
Jul 8 2015 02:11pm
Hi Ray,

is there any point of LISS for me? HIIT always works for my needs so far, but are there any benefits to incorporate LISS on off days? I noticed my mile time went down because I stopped doing LISS after working with you and just doing HIIT. I don't care about mile time but it got me questioning does LISS offer any health benefits to your heart or lungs that HIIT can't do as efficiently?

Also I can add about 50lbs to deadlift doing mixed gripped because it doesn't slip. Should I keep doing it mixed grip?

This post was edited by leemyungbak on Jul 8 2015 02:14pm
Gold: 478.51
Jul 9 2015 09:09am
Hey what's up raynor what do you think of my diet

Meal 1
Cup of oats with a handful of blue berries
Side of mango, watermelon or pineapple, and a banana

Snack handful of a trail mix called tex trail mix

Meal 2
2 peanut butter and honey sandwiches (I use organic bread each slice has 140 calories 4g of protein and 25carbs) also use natural peanut butter and raw honey
3 stalks of celery and 3 carrots

Snack Apple

Meal 3
Quinoa, black beans, and ground turkey.
I feel the obvious is add veggies to that last meal
But the other thing is I'm trying to stay away from eating meat just to try it out but I don't want to rely on eating tofu every day
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 11 2015 06:25am
Quote (Zigity @ Jul 6 2015 11:36pm)
i have been trying to do the smaller meals (5-6) daily for a few months now with success. one of those is always a shake, i even bought a ninja pro blender and have been making my own... which brings me to another point, any resources for delicious shakes? ill get back to this later...
i don't usually have any caffeine specific intake, i don't drink coffee because i don't want to rely on it to 'wake up,' i stopped taking preworkouts months ago, and will not drink energy drinks. i do however have a bunch of caffeine pills i saved from a few tubs of the animal m-stak, maybe ill try to take those.
ill have to look up the black hole you are talking about, i was looking for moreso natural ways (i do get the munchies when i smoke reefer, don't smoke anything else though), thanks i will definitely look into that!

and as far as the shakes go, my typical shake consists of the following
-24oz 2% milk
-3 giant scoops of super chunky peanut butter
-1/4 to 1/2 pint of ben & jerrys ice cream (flavors vary, i work there so i always have ice cream)
-1 serving of vanilla mass gainer (might switch to chocolate, or just regular protein... any recomendations for non gainer proteins? prefer something i can buy at a good price in bulk that doesnt taste like chalk)
-1 banana
...this is a typical shake i would imagine to be 1000+ calories and have at least 50-75g protein, although unsure about carbs... and it is probably fatty too
what else can i add to these? oats? fish/olive oils? i have the taste department on lock, but as far as nutritional value, i know i need to get some oats in there just havent ever tried yet.

and lastly, is the animal pak really that bad? i thought it looked like a decent multivitamin especially getting 40 packets, although they recommend taking 2 daily i only do 1 so its cost effective... but people on the forums here laughed at it when i recommended it in a topic

thanks ray

For shakes, you're already doing it right. There really isn't anything better, flavor wise, than what you already have. You can, howeve, buy unflavored whey isolate or vanilla whey isolate, and make things like protein pudding, protein brownies, etc., and eat them throughout the day. Just google some recipes for these. A really good weight gainer protein is Cytogainer or Pro Complex Gainer. Both taste great and have good macro profile.

Animal Pak is not bad at all! It's actually overall pretty good, but its extremely expensive and overkill. NOW! Adam is superior.
Jul 11 2015 06:53am
Quote (brownside @ Jul 7 2015 04:44pm)
Well the quickest I can get the workout done the better I can do a hour if needed. General muscular/cardiovascular endurance

For running and cardio, go here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335958561
Improving running endurance and distance

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331184643
Circuit Stations

For general muscular endurance:

Upper/Lower Split

Day 1 - Upper -

Each exercise will be performed for 3 sets with a double breakdown. The first set will be a warmup, approximately 10-12 reps. The second set will be a working set - once you hit 8-10 reps and begin to fail, pause, and continue until failure. Rack the weight, take 1 minute (time this), and do the third set with heavier weight. Once you fail on the third set, rack and weight and immediately cut the weight in half, doing as many reps as you can, until failure (without rest). After failing again, remove 25% of weight, and continue again until complete failure. After the completion of the exercise, take 2-5 minutes of rest and move into the next exercise.

Bench Press
Bent Over Rows
Overhead Press

Day 2 - Lower -

Squats
Straight-Leg Deadlifts
Leg Press

You can also train ONE accessory per day in endurance format, such as this:

Set 1: Warmup (12-15 reps)
Set 2 : Heavier (8-10 reps)
Set 3 : Heavier (6-8 reps - pause after completion - repeat for as many reps until failure - pause after failure, count to 10, fail again)
Set 4: Heaviest (4-6 reps - pause after completion - cut weight in half, repeat for as many reps until failure with no rest, pause after failing, remove 25% weight, and fail again)

accessories include biceps, triceps, traps, lats, calves, etc.
Jul 11 2015 06:56am
Quote (killerrs2 @ Jul 8 2015 09:56am)
My morning bike ride, should it be a decent ride? Or should I go gear to the top and go as fast as I can?
Should I get settled into the morning ride or just try and go full tilt for the 45 minutes?

You should be moving at a good steady pace, with your heart rate around 150-175 the whole time

Alright and when I do my ab work outs which workouts would you suggest me do? Plank, pushups, I have a few ab machines at the gym as well.

Refer here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

I am also allergic to nuts
Cookies, brownies,chocolate etc. Are hard to find but I can figure that out. I will the shake.

How many days do you suggest per week I go to the gym and how long?
Also what exactly would that morning bike ride/ run do for me? Would I take a shake or eat like oatmeal after the run?

You should hit the gym at least 5 days per week for one hour each time. On days off, cardio is still encouraged! Morning bike ride or other cardio burns fat (empty stomach). You should have a protein shake or eat a normal meal approximately 30 minutes after finishing.

I should probably also stay away from junk food and sweets as well. Lol I tend to eat tons of it
Yes, please do.

See above replies in BOLD

Jul 11 2015 06:57am
Quote (Stealth @ Jul 8 2015 11:38am)
Haven't done much research.
I want to be able to do stuff at home from time to time.
I don't want some shakey peice of crap though. I want a sturdy solid unit that is affordable.

know of some good ones?
I found this in not much time...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VLRVSC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Yes that one is actually pretty good. Also anything by Powertec is excellent but expensive.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1192319241925192619272039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll