d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1192219231924192519262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.21
Jul 6 2015 07:13am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 30 2015 10:16pm)
Before we continue, are you willing to actually eat a structured diet and conduct occasional exercise? Or are you looking for something to tack onto your existing lifestyle?

Quote (killerrs2 @ Jul 1 2015 08:52am)
If it gets me to where I want to be, yes I would love to take on the diet. I could start it off as an occasional diet considering my line of work and what it consists of, but I am also looking for a new job so that I am able to work out more often. I would like to keep the diet going and then take on a bigger diet/challenge.
I honestly would quit my job now but I need it atm + I need the money. Next week I'll be handing out resumes so I am really looking forward to this challenge.

What's your best opinion?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 6 2015 09:05am
Quote (Zigity @ Jul 2 2015 04:29pm)
Any way to naturally increase appetite? Im in a caloric surplus (bulking) and sometimes I will make a meal and dread eating it, literally forcing every bite down. Tastes good, but it isn't pleasant just because i'm not hungry at times

Yes, there are a few ways..

First of all, you could eat smaller meals throughout the day. Also, you can drink a good portion of your calories in the form of weight gainer shakes. Furthermore, you can increase your caffeine intake (2-3 cups of black coffee per day) and also increase overall exercise levels.

There are also supplements such as Controlled Labs - Black Hole, which can aid in increasing your appetite.

Jul 6 2015 09:07am
Quote (carteblanche @ Jul 5 2015 11:19pm)
so...lactose intolerance. i'm part asian and i haven't consumed pure milk in a while. i just ate a bit of gellato and had to hit the toilet a few min later. can i slowly build back my lactase production by consuming small amounts of milk regularly? or am i screwed for the rest of my life? i use to drink chocolate milk regularly as a kid, then ate tons of ice cream in my early 20s. i gave up ice cream for a long time, and i think that's what caused my problems. plus i usually drink almond milk instead of cow's milk

To be completely honest, it's probably best that you stay away from milk. You can either switch to lactose free milk, take lactase every time you eat dairy, OR just simply eliminate it all together. Dairy isn't technically meant for human consumption, as it's really meant to feed calves (baby cows, not legs, lol)

There are lots of products like almond milk and coconut milk which are decent substitutes for certain purposes as well.

edit:

but to answer your original question, you can rebuild tolerance by using dairy products more and more. It really depends on if this is something you want to do or not. Asian genetics do NOT lend themselves towards dairy consumption - so bear that in mind.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 6 2015 09:08am
Jul 6 2015 09:08am
Quote (killerrs2 @ Jul 6 2015 09:12am)
Why would you be screwed for life...? Lol its milk intolerance, unless you are allergic to to dairy then you should be fine. Just drink more cow milk and your tolerance will grow

Please do not offer advice, answers, help, or any other suggestions in this thread. This thread is locked for myself to respond to questions only.

If you would like to ask a question or seek advice, please feel free to post.

Thanks!
Jul 6 2015 09:22am
Quote (killerrs2 @ Jul 6 2015 09:13am)
What's your best opinion?

Quote (killerrs2 @ Jun 30 2015 11:55am)
I got a few questions about abs.

I am allergic to peanuts, almonds, and walnuts. I am also not able to drink shakes for some reason because my body doesn't agree with them. I've tried to make my own shakes and I still can't drink them. So no shakes and no nuts.
I am looks to get abs, preferably a 6 pack, I use to work out in school, took me 2 years at the school gymnto get very close to abs and now I've lost them. I have been out of school for 2 years now.I am 19, 150-155 in weight, 5" 11 the last time I checked and decently fit.
The problem is me needing/finding the time to do my workouts and getting the motivation to do it. Lol I get home and I am too lazy/tired to work out after work
I lift 2000- 3000 boxes a day for a living. By the time I'm done I want to get home and rest and do nothing.
I tried to go to the gym. I bought a gym pass and I only went 4-5 times in a whole month. Not the greatest :/

Lmk if you could help.

OK, first of all, lets discuss your goals. You do not just "get abs". Everyone has abdominal muscles, usually underneath a thick layer of fat. To remove the fat from the midsection, thus revealing the sharpened abdominal region, one would need to lose fat overall, through combined diet and exercise.

That being said, usually for the midsection to become devoid of fat takes a very great deal of dedication and motivation. Most men tend to lose fat in their arms, legs, back, and chest before the midsection even BEGINS to lose fat. That being said, you will need to stick to a solid routine and continue it for as long as possible, making adjustments as needed to suit your goals.

Lifting 2,000-3,000 boxes a day seems like it would be fairly good for calorie burning, but certainly not enough on its own. Modifying your diet is going to be absolutely critical.

You are already 5'11 155, which should be QUITE lean. What is your current body fat%?? You shouldn't be far off of achieving your goals, as long as you stick to a decent workout plan and keep the diet in check.

A sample diet for you, would be around 2,500 cals per day.

2,500 cals (approx)

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + green peppers and onions + 3/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked volume) + handful of mixed berries (any)
Meal 2 - 6 oz grilled chicken + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 1 large salad + 1 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 3 - 2 slices whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + 1 oz of 2% cheese + 1tbsp mayo + veggies (tuna sandwich)
Meal 4 - 6 oz grilled sirloin steak 90/10 or leaner (trim off the fat) + 1/2 cup black beans + 1/2 cup brown rice + veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil
Meal 5 - 1 muscle milk shake (2 scoops) w/ 12oz of milk
Meal 6 - 3/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese + 1tsp heavy cream + handful mixed berries + 10 almonds + cinnamon to taste

Now, I know you don't like protein shakes. However, you could try Muscle Milk, which is about the best tasting shake out there. Chocolate, Brownie Batter, or Cookies & Cream are all phenomenal. Try those, mixed with milk. You can actually go to vitaminshoppe or other supplement stores and buy a muscle milk ready-to-drink carton in the refrigerated section to try it out before buying a whole tub.

That being said, the above diet plan is just a guide, you can modify it as necessary. However you will want at LEAST 200g of protein per day and no more than 2,500 calories. You also want to avoid sugar as much as possible, and drink at least 1 gal of water per day.

As far as working out goes, I would highly recommend that you do a 30-45 minute run/jog/bike/swim each morning on an empty stomach. From there, begin your day as usual.

After your work day, you should do at least 30 minutes of bodyweight exercises, such as these:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

Start there, and lets see what we need to modify in about 4-6 weeks.
Gold: 478.51
Jul 6 2015 04:48pm
What's up raynor I just moved to a new super small town I'm a wildland firefighter over here but my crew doesn't really pt. we just cut line which is literally swinging a tool with a 40 lb pack on. The thing is we don't fight fire every single day but hen we do it can be expected to also go on a far hikes and swing that tool for a few hours. The question I want to ask you is if you can device me a workout I can do in about 30 min that focuses on endurance. I am considering buying a steel mace or 2 kettle bells.
Gold: 25.65
Jul 6 2015 05:26pm
i know that you generally pitch 5x5 for strength. failure,breakdown,drop for hypertrophy. but you also talk about a 12 10 8 6 rep scheme a lot too. What is the 12 10 8 6 rep scheme used for mostly?
Gold: 25.65
Jul 6 2015 06:40pm
now that marijuana is legal in some states are you allowed to discuss it at all?
Jul 6 2015 09:15pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 6 2015 07:26pm)
i know that you generally pitch 5x5 for strength. failure,breakdown,drop for hypertrophy. but you also talk about a 12 10 8 6 rep scheme a lot too. What is the 12 10 8 6 rep scheme used for mostly?

It's a middle of the road plan that gives people a good average plan which will improve both, just at a slower overall (yet less demanding) pace.

Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 6 2015 08:40pm)
now that marijuana is legal in some states are you allowed to discuss it at all?

No. It's still federally illegal, and due to it being illegal in most states, it is against the JSP policy to discuss here. Sorry.
Jul 6 2015 09:17pm
Quote (brownside @ Jul 6 2015 06:48pm)
What's up raynor I just moved to a new super small town I'm a wildland firefighter over here but my crew doesn't really pt. we just cut line which is literally swinging a tool with a 40 lb pack on. The thing is we don't fight fire every single day but hen we do it can be expected to also go on a far hikes and swing that tool for a few hours. The question I want to ask you is if you can device me a workout I can do in about 30 min that focuses on endurance. I am considering buying a steel mace or 2 kettle bells.

A 30 minute pure endurance plan. Well, 30 minutes isn't a really long time. The question is, what type of endurance? Pure cardiovascular endurance with load bearing? Or endurance in performing a certain movement? Or general muscular/cardiovascular endurance?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1192219231924192519262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll