d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Theory Crafting Ls Suggestions #1
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 16,752.01
Mar 5 2024 02:01pm

ok i'm sorry, i'm sorry

i'm checking this thread now!

Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Mar 5 2024 02:01pm
Quote (Tonst3r @ Mar 5 2024 06:38pm)
I'd actually love to hear a cool slam or something when I use my abilities. Idk what kind of rammification that'd have on the game, like too many sound files in a party causing performance issues or something (have seen weird stuff w/ sound in other games like PoE), but would be a cool idea if it's possible!

And ty for the replies! A newbie can dream lol.

Optional sounds make it so if u want them u can have a more interactive experience. NOt sure how I didn't think of that. A sound for abilities specifically would be very nice. THat's far more interesting and important than a sound for hitting a map corner. A sound for evil presences would be cool too like the sound u get when u drop an exhalted orb in Path of exile. Real loud crack to scare u and prepare for war. WOw I'm getting to hyped over this.

Quote (barteq88 @ Mar 5 2024 08:01pm)
https://i.imgur.com/9UOYlvK.png

ok i'm sorry, i'm sorry

i'm checking this thread now!

https://i.imgur.com/M2Y41at.png

LMAO! OMg it worked lol.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Mar 5 2024 02:02pm
Gold: 17,316.46
Mar 5 2024 02:11pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Mar 5 2024 09:01pm)

LMAO! OMg it worked lol.

tried to make it a double propaganda
Mar 6 2024 12:40pm
Quote (Tds95 @ Mar 5 2024 08:11pm)
tried to make it a double propaganda

i saw lol
Gold: 4,903.65
Mar 6 2024 06:53pm
Quote (Bob888 @ 4 Mar 2024 13:42)
https://i.ibb.co/YDPxLQV/image.png

Official Theory Crafting suggestion thread #1:
Disclamer: This is for seeding ideas and fun. If any of these suggestions is applied or affects teh game that's awesome. I'm not expecting anything to change but good ideas lead to better ideas which lead to changes.

1) Receive notification in-game/on jsp when your items are close to expiring on market place (maybe 24 hours prior) Ty ^chestk

2) proficiency transfer. You can transfer weapon or charm proficiency from one to another at diminishing returns and for a price. This is a huge idea both for gamers and for the site. It's not pay to win because you have to get the proficiency in the first place in order to transfer it and you get diminishing returns so it might not be as efficient as just getting the proficiency on your main item. This would incentivize people to use a variety of different items that they actually want to use and feel like they're gaining useful proficiency on the lower levels.

3) Fishing rod durability now maintains a well when it's supposed to blow it up upon fishing but loses 1 durability each time (possibly make an equippable fishing rod slot)

4) Added sound effects for: hitting corner of map, quickdraw, dying + global hc death sound, finishing a glyph, transmute, fish, etc.

5) Make up down left right arrows work for moving forward or backward Ty ^chestk

6) After Master Questing, you gain 5 minutes of damage immunity and your 2 minute catacomb cooldown is reset

7) Maps now show what level they are useful until. E.g. tier 3 says "useful until lvl 25", or a +level cap map says "useful until level XX". The math is easy but there's a lot of people that don't know and it's always confusing for everyone.

8) Power Shot gains it's own color or line design pattern so we know when it hits (possibly yellow?). The same could apply to mind numb and armor pierce in theory.

9) Personalized monster. For a small fee of 100,000 forum gold you can have a new personalized monster made with your drawing which fits within the design theme. It would be far rarer than the monsters currently in place but every once in a while people would see the your monster and you could brag that you drew it.

10) Tier 0 items. These items would be able to be used at any level and would randomly select damage from tier 1-14 with each hit. The stats on them would be limited to tier 3 caps. These items could also be transmuted, glyphed and suffusenced for a flat amount of low proficiency.

https://i.ibb.co/ZGHnfbk/image.png

And for the guy that asked for it :rofl: :

If you like these ideas. Take a look at these previous Ladder slasher suggestions:

Pay2play Ladder Slasher Gold Sink Ideas
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=83023468&f=272

Ladder Slasher Suggestions. More!!
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84631130&f=272

10 Qol Ladder Slasher Suggestions!
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84742420&f=272

If You Love Ladder Slasher, Read These Suggestions
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=91150553&f=272

30 Ladder Slasher Update/change Ideas
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=102006131&f=272

21 Ladder slasher suggestions:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=103031962&f=272&o=0#p657135215

10 more LS suggestions:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=103248469&f=272&o=0#p658111234

Hmm... well here are some random thoughts.

#1: Notification for items expiring by X hours suggestion.
... : I see it working for those with items that exceed the 20 forum gold price and having a chance to Edit those items without paying an extra Fee. I guess it wouldn't hurt, and it wouldn't matter to me because I trade those items when the other player is online at the same time using the Trading section. (I am NOT saying No or dislike)

#2: Proficiency Transfer etc.
... : Seen this posted before, and I will still vote No on this, even though I like prof hunting, I like the challenge doing it on all characters. Also... diminishing returns, it kinda loses its' luster, I mean... you have Rank 1 Sword (1000 prof points) on Able and Rank 10 Sword on Cain ... you transfer the 1000 prof points over to Cain who has Rank 10 ... Cain doesn't automatically go to Rank 11 UNLESS he already has 10,000 prof points and the added 1000 = 11,000. I hope I am not confused about this?

#3: Fishing Rod Durability for the Wells Longevity?
... : Let me see if I have this correct ... I have a Tier I Rod with +25 Durability and put this in the New Equipped slot next to the ACC slot (right?) ... so... this means I can throw in 25 items before the Well breaks (using the 1 Durability per item example)? And the Rod becomes white, so trash it?

... : If that is the case above, I like the idea, however, is there a Restriction of what Tier (level) of whites to drop into the Well based on the Tier of the Rod? example:

Tier I rod = only Tier I / II and IIIs can be be dropped into the Well
Tier II rod = only Tier IV
Tier III rod = only Tier V
Tier IV rod = only Tier VI
etc.

If there is a restriction, then I don't mind either, and I find it more useful, because if you can just use a Tier I Rod to be able to well any tier, I think that is just bad and can be abused.

#4: Sound Effects.
... : I turn the sound off, so it doesn't really affect me, personally, I just think it will cause issues with lag and maybe more 1006's ... I used to get that a lot from playing other games like PoE and D2 etc. So NULL here

#5: Arrows to move character from back to front etc.
... : posted that earlier ... Null vote really, not sure if it would be good for users with different devices.

#6: MQ cooldown?
... : Null vote, not sure why this needs to be an option unless a person creates/joins a game to switch out gear and stupidly does it in the catacomb and happens to explore a step.

#7: Maps showing Monster Level Cap.
... : I have no issue with this idea, I would think it better to have it setup like this: (Mlvl = Monster level)

Godly tanned forest map
Mlvl Cap: 50
Use Item to Receive Effect

+9 Warm Lights
+2 Evil Presences
+175% Warm Light Effectiveness
+18% Experience Gained
Quantity: 1
+5% Level Up
+25 Level Cap
+8% Stealth

Arcane cured forest map
Level Req: 5
Mlvl Cap: 30

+7 Warm Lights
+6 Evil Presences
+1 Rooms
+52% Warm Light Effectiveness
Quantity: 3
+1% Level Up

#8: Added colors for some other mods like Life Steal being Red etc.
... : This has been mentioned a few times also ... hmm Null Vote, I hated the lasers when first introduced, and I still get the "LASER" lag as is, it may make things even worse. Hey, with different colors, I suppose people could Test these other mods out more effectively.

#9: Personalized Monster.
... : No thanks. I can not be bothered in even a reasons why.

#10: Tier 0 Items.
... : Hmm, yeahhh... nah, I don't really get the point of an extra item and stuffing up the Roman numeral items by Tier ... I don't think Roman numerals have a 0?
Mar 6 2024 07:39pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 7 2024 12:53am)

... : I see it working for those with items that exceed the 20 forum gold price and having a chance to Edit those items without paying an extra Fee. I guess it wouldn't hurt, and it wouldn't matter to me because I trade those items when the other player is online at the same time using the Trading section. (I am NOT saying No or dislike)

... : Seen this posted before, and I will still vote No on this, even though I like prof hunting, I like the challenge doing it on all characters. Also... diminishing returns, it kinda loses its' luster, I mean... you have Rank 1 Sword (1000 prof points) on Able and Rank 10 Sword on Cain ... you transfer the 1000 prof points over to Cain who has Rank 10 ... Cain doesn't automatically go to Rank 11 UNLESS he already has 10,000 prof points and the added 1000 = 11,000. I hope I am not confused about this?

... : Let me see if I have this correct ... I have a Tier I Rod with +25 Durability and put this in the New Equipped slot next to the ACC slot (right?) ... so... this means I can throw in 25 items before the Well breaks (using the 1 Durability per item example)? And the Rod becomes white, so trash it?

... : If that is the case above, I like the idea, however, is there a Restriction of what Tier (level) of whites to drop into the Well based on the Tier of the Rod? example:

etc.

If there is a restriction, then I don't mind either, and I find it more useful, because if you can just use a Tier I Rod to be able to well any tier, I think that is just bad and can be abused.

... : I turn the sound off, so it doesn't really affect me, personally, I just think it will cause issues with lag and maybe more 1006's ... I used to get that a lot from playing other games like PoE and D2 etc. So NULL here

... : posted that earlier ... Null vote really, not sure if it would be good for users with different devices.

... : Null vote, not sure why this needs to be an option unless a person creates/joins a game to switch out gear and stupidly does it in the catacomb and happens to explore a step.

... : I have no issue with this idea, I would think it better to have it setup like this: (Mlvl = Monster level)

Godly tanned forest map

+9 Warm Lights
+2 Evil Presences
+18% Experience Gained
+5% Level Up
+25 Level Cap
+8% Stealth

Arcane cured forest map

+7 Warm Lights
+6 Evil Presences
+1 Rooms
+1% Level Up

... : This has been mentioned a few times also ... hmm Null Vote, I hated the lasers when first introduced, and I still get the "LASER" lag as is, it may make things even worse. Hey, with different colors, I suppose people could Test these other mods out more effectively.

... : Hmm, yeahhh... nah, I don't really get the point of an extra item and stuffing up the Roman numeral items by Tier ... I don't think Roman numerals have a 0?

rebuttal

#1 - yes but only for items over 20 fg would be fine
#2 - THis is transfering proficiency from one item to another NOT different chars
#3 - Not quite, not necessarily like this. Maybe the durability works only for the well blowing up WHILE fishing. For welling it remains the same. It would solve the current fishing crisis and make fishing rods more useful of all types.
#4 - I dont think sound has much to do with lag but I could be wrong.
#5 - For computer devices it would be useful
#6 - doesnt have to be damage immunity, it could be some other benefit but it would be interesting to see some sort of temporary buff after master question hehe
#7 - sure it could show what monster level goes up until. Same idea
#8 - I'd love to see a more interactive dynamic between doing damage and the monsters. IN the past we used to think that if u click the monsters foot or eye or tail u'd do more damage. Now we can actually see some of our stats in action like damage return and lifesteal.
#9 - Touche. Its a funny idea but im not even sure if I like it lmao. Still having a big payment for some sort of cosmetic or monster change would be cool hehe.
#10- No 0 in roman numerals. U'd have to leave it at no numerals. It doesnt have any symbol.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Mar 6 2024 07:44pm
Gold: 4,903.65
Mar 6 2024 11:40pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 7 Mar 2024 13:53)

etc.

Godly tanned forest map

+9 Warm Lights
+2 Evil Presences
+18% Experience Gained
+5% Level Up
+25 Level Cap
+8% Stealth

Arcane cured forest map

+7 Warm Lights
+6 Evil Presences
+1 Rooms
+1% Level Up

Just keeping the rebuttal relevant to my post. Hence re-quoting myself.

Quote (Bob888 @ 7 Mar 2024 14:39)
rebuttal

#1 - yes but only for items over 20 fg would be fine
#2 - THis is transfering proficiency from one item to another NOT different chars
#3 - Not quite, not necessarily like this. Maybe the durability works only for the well blowing up WHILE fishing. For welling it remains the same. It would solve the current fishing crisis and make fishing rods more useful of all types.
#4 - I dont think sound has much to do with lag but I could be wrong.
#5 - For computer devices it would be useful
#6 - doesnt have to be damage immunity, it could be some other benefit but it would be interesting to see some sort of temporary buff after master question hehe
#7 - sure it could show what monster level goes up until. Same idea
#8 - I'd love to see a more interactive dynamic between doing damage and the monsters. IN the past we used to think that if u click the monsters foot or eye or tail u'd do more damage. Now we can actually see some of our stats in action like damage return and lifesteal.
#9 - Touche. Its a funny idea but im not even sure if I like it lmao. Still having a big payment for some sort of cosmetic or monster change would be cool hehe.
#10- No 0 in roman numerals. U'd have to leave it at no numerals. It doesnt have any symbol.

#1: I agree with you.

#2: ITEM??? I am lost in both your initial post with explanation and this reply? "Item Proficiency"??? Are you just talking about Skilling items? You have confused me here because Proficiency relates to YOUR characters Skill in skills, whether it is Weapon/Dmg Cast/Healing/Fishing/Transmuting etc... Item Proficiency? is that like related to ONLY fishing rods? Please explain more.

#3: Okay... just for fishing... so you have a Rod Tier I that has +25 Durability in the New equipment Slot that has been mentioned for the Fisherman to keep the Well longevity last longer... basically like I pointed out... if you have a Tier I Rod in that slot with +25 Durability... you can Fish any Tier level that you can before the Well breaking or disappearing. Well... that does benefit people that fish, however it is just one sided... maybe Paul should change the Pond fishing to be the same as Welling at the character level... this is more beneficial because those fishing will ABUSE the Well if this was implemented. Just my opinion, increase the drop quality of the Tier in the pond for those that want to fish with the % chance that they can spawn a Monster at their character level. (simplist fix)

#4: It is actually based on Client Side ... I remember the old PoE days where our group would run the Ledge ... or whatever it was called, and they basically cleared the ledge and I was just starting... however, I could hear all attacks and kills etc. oh... this was on an older PC that had more Specs than the one I am using now. Anyway... Sound packets is added packets from port to port. BUT... just like you... I wouldn't know if it does cause issues... however... from 2002 gaming D2 and other games and improved specs on my PCs until now when I have to use a 1gb RAM PC in 2024 ... it is more noticeable. :P :rofl:

#5: No argument there, however the coding for EACH device is different because you use different methods to accomplish the same task... take a PC vs a Phone... the PC can have multiple windows open that you can just access, however on a phone... you are restricted to each window one at a time. Oh... I am just pointing out what all Phone users are pointing out and complaining about compared to a PC user playing the game... and also a Tablet user complaining as well... and they posted their point of view in 2024 in one of the threads here in Ladder Slasher General Chat. NOTE: refer to my reply... I am not against this at all.

#6: ??? You have a Buff already after a Master Quest ... it is +1 Stat up to a maximum of 20. Hey... so there are conditions... but guess what... it is STILL A BUFF after a master quest. OKAY... I know you want more than maximum of +20 Starting stats with all the fails or passes etc but that is a hard ask... HOWEVER... I can give you a buff per master quest ... +10 Max Life and +10 Max Mana... now that is a great buff PER Master Quest... think about it... you do 100 Master Quests with +10 Max Life & Mana ... you gained +1000 max Life and Mana... however.. that is so Overpowered that it won't happen... so... how about a Failed Master quest give you +1 Maximum Life and +1 Maximum mana... so if you do 100 Master Quests ... you gain +100 Maximum Life & 100 Mana starting a character @ level 1? ... to me this is still Overpowered, but, at least is it not 1000. Hey, just food for thought... it could be +0.50 maximum life / mana per master quest. Addition: Paul can cap this also (nerf) to being 50% addition based on ???.

#7: I agree.

#8: Really? I tested out this theory years ago... the funny thing is... the Square surrounding the image itself was the "ATTACKING" point... it had nothing to do with the Eyes, foot, leg or anything else... and yes... I thought exactly the same while playing v1.15 blah... now I have come to realize there are NO weak points for critical damage or power strike damage (double) targeting the eye or what ever you have pointed out in your reply... it is RNG... and also with the ratios... the more Critical strikes make it more apparent. All you need to do... is just attack the Monsters Life bar to get the same results... that is why I have stated in the past... you can bot based on the monsters Life bar... they are stable and you can click within their [life bar position] and pixels on client side ... and NO... I never bot, otherwise I would be the best in every Prof ranking and finding best items. ... think on this a bit more.

#9: Thanks... I understand the "Cosmetics" point of view, however, I would prefer something to the effect to make Guild points (either user or guild) to come up with a competition for each character class graphics... I mean ... really... a guardian in a white robe or other character class graphics? I just thought this up in the last 15 seconds... I am sure you and the community can come up with something.

#10: Okay, I understand that... so... what did you want fro this idea? what is the purpose? how does it benefit players other than randomly at level 15 you deal damage to the monster as if using a level 55 item? Would the drops from the monster killed be based on level 15... or level 55? There are many things about this suggestion that can be looked at with Pros & Cons?

Hey... I am not arguing your points on your ideas / suggestions... and the blue replies are more of my response... just think on them and maybe build from them... I am still at a loss to vote Yay or Nay ... I am undecided.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 6 2024 11:40pm
Gold: 16,752.01
Mar 7 2024 12:07pm
voted 1)

and this is my ranking:

1 > 5 > 7 > 6 >> 3 > 2 >>> 8 > 4 >>>> 10 > 9

where my top 4 are those I like the most, 3 and 2 I see some potential, 8 and 4 I don't care about and 10 and 9 are those I dislike

thanks!
Mar 8 2024 12:37am
When we hit 50 votes here, the top suggestion(s) will duel with the top suggestions of the previous thread OMG.
Mar 9 2024 02:50am
bump
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll