d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Theory Crafting Ls Suggestions #1
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Mar 4 2024 08:57pm
Vote it up people.

When both 10x suggestions thread reach 50 votes I'll make a final poll to choose the most voted suggestion on the other thread vs. the most voted one in this thread :) .

Edit: or maybe top 2 of each. Idk yet but it's gonna be good.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Mar 4 2024 09:25pm
Gold: 1,000.69
Mar 4 2024 09:14pm
Some of these are over the top (I would be shocked if they weren't because it's you <3 ) but I liked a few. Voted the map level one!
Mar 4 2024 09:18pm
Quote (Mikol @ Mar 5 2024 03:14am)
Some of these are over the top (I would be shocked if they weren't because it's you <3 ) but I liked a few. Voted the map level one!

So you liked these 10 suggestions less than the other 10 that u just voted on as well? These ones are way better than those :D >
Gold: 15,492.03
Mar 4 2024 10:40pm
as a lost and confused newbie playing way too much, I've had a few myself:

- Moster level indicator. So we remember why Trap Doors aren't necessarily the worst part of the entire game.
- Merge T1 - T3. Obviously this has cracked prof ramifications, but I'm sure there's a solution somewhere. Having T3 completely invalidate T1/2 with no lvl req. difference just seems so silly, I don't get it.
- Lower, cap, or something about the Market item fees, and drastically lower the 24-hour take-down timer. Apparently I came in at a bad time and the market is so dead because of D2R, I'm sure Last Epoch doesn't help, etc....But there're PLEEEENTY of people trading on the forums and the only reason they WOULDN'T post on the Market is a mix of the item fee, and the 24 hour "Can't take this down yet" rules. The level of how impossible it is as a NEW player to find items or have any idea what things are worth is insane. It's not that the game's dead, just the market.

Can't put enough emphasize on the last one. I love having the market, but the amount of items that people are LOOKING TO TRADE, but only post on here, is kinda crazy.

Aside from the handouts from the AMAZING community, it's been near impossible to find ANY weapons/armor in some level ranges on the market. I've been checking constantly the last few days for whatever class I'm trying, and it's not like "Oh there's items just overpriced" but some cases I'll search something like level 35-50 with even 40%EE for "Usable weapon" and have 1 result. Meanwhile countless are for trade on the forums, and I'm literally asking people "I have no idea what anything is worth, how much you want" for LEVELING gear.

But yeah I voted for the map levels here lol I just completely avoid them because the level ranges are too silly.
Mar 4 2024 11:19pm
Quote (Tonst3r @ Mar 5 2024 04:40am)

- Moster level indicator. So we remember why Trap Doors aren't necessarily the worst part of the entire game.
- Merge T1 - T3. Obviously this has cracked prof ramifications, but I'm sure there's a solution somewhere. Having T3 completely invalidate T1/2 with no lvl req. difference just seems so silly, I don't get it.
- Lower, cap, or something about the Market item fees, and drastically lower the 24-hour take-down timer. Apparently I came in at a bad time and the market is so dead because of D2R, I'm sure Last Epoch doesn't help, etc....But there're PLEEEENTY of people trading on the forums and the only reason they WOULDN'T post on the Market is a mix of the item fee, and the 24 hour "Can't take this down yet" rules. The level of how impossible it is as a NEW player to find items or have any idea what things are worth is insane. It's not that the game's dead, just the market.

Can't put enough emphasize on the last one. I love having the market, but the amount of items that people are LOOKING TO TRADE, but only post on here, is kinda crazy.

Aside from the handouts from the AMAZING community, it's been near impossible to find ANY weapons/armor in some level ranges on the market. I've been checking constantly the last few days for whatever class I'm trying, and it's not like "Oh there's items just overpriced" but some cases I'll search something like level 35-50 with even 40%EE for "Usable weapon" and have 1 result. Meanwhile countless are for trade on the forums, and I'm literally asking people "I have no idea what anything is worth, how much you want" for LEVELING gear.

But yeah I voted for the map levels here lol I just completely avoid them because the level ranges are too silly.

Monster level indicator- I would definitely be down to see some sort of something related to this. It could be useful even if it just showed in chat once u dropped down and spawned some monsters.

Merging t1-t3 has been suggested before in the past and it's not viable and not going to happen. Part of finding good items is having a lot of junk in the middle.
tier 1 and 2 used to be more useful but now they are better more for unspawnable old items from when the game first began.

Removing the 24 hour timer probably will never happen but another great suggestion!! It could just be 3 hours or 6 hours but I think Njaguar made it clear in one of his posts that he doesn't want people using the marketplace as a form of storage and having a shorter item removal time would allow people to use it more for that purpose. I'm with you on this that the 24 hour period SUCKS lol.
The item fee of 5% is just flat. THat's never going to change imo. Could we go with an even smaller fee? Sure but then this game would be even less of a gold sink for d2jsp.

It's not impossible for you to find useful items. New players can find 40, 50, 100 enhanced effect items quite often and build up a useful set or spend pocket change to buy some mediocre starting gear. The thing you mention when u say finding items is you want to find the best of the best gear like it's candy. To be honest, the people that seem to most of the time find all the good gear are the guys starting out. There are people soloing all the time and cant find anything being active for years :D .

The LS trading forums exists partially to avoid the 5% market fee so that makes sense but even if the fee was 1% people wouldn't post them on the marketplace, they'd still post threads. Also even if it was 0% they'd put the items up and make a thread in conjunction :P .

If countless items are for trade on the forum them post an offer and/or pm the guys about the gear they're selling. After a few tries or a bit of research you'll see what things are worth. If u find out that a 190 ee dagger is too expensive, try 150. If 150 is too expensive try 110. If there is an abundance of items for trade on the forum that means you can spend the time to figure out the price or even post a price check thread to get an idea. People spend much more time learning about builds in poe, d4, runescape, and I'm sure last epoch and lost ark.

In relation to finding gear on the marketplace. I'm seeing all sorts of items. Some things overpriced and others not what u want or the level.
I suggest looking for say 20 ee to start off with in the higher levels. A 20 ee 55 sword is better than a 100 ee 30 sword. In fact a plain 55 (xiv) is probably better. Ull figure it out and good luck and thanks for all the feedback.

Map levels are Tier X 5 + 10

So tier 3 map = 5x 3 + 10 (25) . It's simple but having it written in game in some way would be very nice for a lot of us.
Gold: 6,324.99
Trader: Trusted
Mar 4 2024 11:35pm
Quote (Tonst3r @ Mar 4 2024 11:40pm)

It's refreshing to see a newer player give their take as you did Tonst3r. And some great ideas at that!

I particularly like the Monster level indicator. As Bob mentioned, it popping up in chat would be helpful. Especially since it gets confusing when you go down multiple Trapdoors.

This post was edited by JonWon on Mar 4 2024 11:35pm
Gold: 4,169.35
Mar 5 2024 12:18am
Quote (Bob888 @ 4 Mar 2024 19:44)
U know I never checked or knew that :rofl: RIP. Yeah they are. I use mouse with right hand so never needed or bothered to use the arrows. Yeah we revert to original idea!

THe idea is to be able to move forward or backward, especially as tank with the keyboard and not just clicking. I think that would be super awesome.

I read the 10 listed briefly, also read some of the replies.

The Move character idea would be more ideal (or work better) for the Non driver in the group to just use two of the arrow keys [keyboard only] ( < & > ) while they are exploring so that their mouse cursor can just be used for the monsters. As for phone users, maybe they can just swipe their character left or right. Guess the driver still has to do it the old way.

Just a thought. I haven't voted yet, since I would most likely like to post on all 10 listed, and then I can look at some of your old posts and maybe re-address them here. :P

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 5 2024 12:24am
Mar 5 2024 01:12am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 5 2024 06:18am)
I read the 10 listed briefly, also read some of the replies.

The Move character idea would be more ideal (or work better) for the Non driver in the group to just use two of the arrow keys [keyboard only] ( < & > ) while they are exploring so that their mouse cursor can just be used for the monsters. As for phone users, maybe they can just swipe their character left or right. Guess the driver still has to do it the old way.

Just a thought. I haven't voted yet, since I would most likely like to post on all 10 listed, and then I can look at some of your old posts and maybe re-address them here. :P

Or make moving forward or back programmable hotkeys too. Post ur bit on each one and vote for one muahha.
Gold: 1,673.68
Mar 5 2024 06:19am
Sounds effects would be nice, It would do a better experience to play this game.
Gold: 15,492.03
Mar 5 2024 12:38pm
Quote (Miguel_Angel @ Mar 5 2024 07:19am)
Sounds effects would be nice, It would do a better experience to play this game.

I'd actually love to hear a cool slam or something when I use my abilities. Idk what kind of rammification that'd have on the game, like too many sound files in a party causing performance issues or something (have seen weird stuff w/ sound in other games like PoE), but would be a cool idea if it's possible!

And ty for the replies! A newbie can dream lol.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll