d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > 10 Qol Ladder Slasher Suggestions!
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Mar 7 2021 12:36am
I've compiled a list of interesting ideas. Enjoy :) ! :santa:

1- CHIPS. A new item you put in your item slots. They are rare but can perform certain exploring functions.

CHIP Examples:
X) Breaks through a wall.
Y) allows 15 squares explored without summoning monsters.
Z) guarantees an evil presence spawn within 25 squares.

2- Comfreys are much harder to acquire and collect than fish. They had a stronger function pre-rewrite which allowed for usage without a cooldown. If they could be used as before or at least as fish were previously that would make them have a slightly different function. Right now they are basically bad versions of fish.

3- Buff Paladin. Give +5 intelligence and vitality. He used to be the most sought after character and now between Samurai and Monk who wants to be stuck on Paladin? :D

4- Make sneaky take damage by both melee and mage but make it so he takes very little damage by both until you build up more damage vs him. The quest is called "soften the sneaky shell" .

5- It is annoying when you can't use a glyph because blocked by a previous glyph from a totem. Allow for glyph stacking from separate sources (personal glyphs or totem glyphs) and/or allow for glyph removal if a glyph is undesirable.

6- Character limit right now is at 8 right now for some reason. Maintaining the limit at 16 and charging to delete characters prevents people from deleting and remaking chars without paying 100 fg rename fee as well as unnecessary rage quits which prevent people from coming back.

7- Many messages such as "you have gained a level" or "error flood control" tend to spam chat box. Have an additional toggle option. The current chat system is actually quite nice so really can't complain here but any other QOL changes to the chat system are always nice :D .

8- Proficiency gain begins 1 level after your current rank. If you have 30 dagger prof you start gaining proficiency at lvl 31. From 0-30 you reap the benefits from the proficiency but you don't feel the progress like you once did or the fun in those levels. Having a decreased prof gain (diminishing returns) below these "PROF LEVELS" would be nice and getting at least something is better than nothing. This would be similar to what was done with glyphing.

9- Damage return and Life steal were giving different line visuals. Cirtical strike is a red number. It would be really cool to see Armor pierce and power shot color coded in action.

10- Having multiple spinning swords in the profile or some distinction between single reseters and multiple reseters.

I know that many of these suggestions seem like begging for more but really it's more about making everyone's experience even more enjoyable. That is all.

Gold: 31,191.65
Mar 7 2021 12:47am
came down to back to 16 characters but at some cost and Prof at lower levels.

I wouldnt mind having a back up HC character if the worst should happen...

Went with Prof gain though.
Gold: 26,228.98
Mar 7 2021 12:49am
Behind the scenes: :rofl:
Gold: 33,830.62
Mar 7 2021 01:03am
I like most of them, but if I have to choose I go with #8

Also really like #1 and #3 close second and third

#7 and #9 would be the last choices for me
Gold: 138,125.13
Trader: Trusted
Mar 7 2021 01:43am
I like 2,5,8 the most.
Gold: 364,140.70
Trader: Trusted
Mar 7 2021 03:06am
1,2,8 are my favorit

3 - dunno about pala, he seems in weid spot because of his abilities not becaus of his base stats
4 - if i solo i play cast only, so cnat say to much , but pls dont make it harder for caster but make it easier for melee ...
5 - dunno about that, you can always leave and go in again, seems what ever
6 - with what ric posted it seems intended, so dunno
7 - never read those so i dont care
Gold: 5,077.00
Mar 7 2021 03:12am
Don't take my post as negative, in reality a lot of the suggestions you posted are similar previous suggestions.

#1: I like the Chips content, I don't like the idea of more items that take up Item Slots. I would like it if the Breaking Walls was a class specific thing like Detect Trap doors... say for Barbarian, Paladin and Headhunter.

#2: Personally would like to see the cool down dropped, maybe .5 sec instead of 1, I know Paul doesn't go backwards and stated this over the years. Off note though, Comfreys' have been dropping a hell of a lot more than they use to. Pity suffusensing uses essences, otherwise it would help make better comfreys.

#3: Paladin: Best Defense with Medium Armor. Where are you going to get the extra 10 starting stats from? Strength / Dex? Here are the base TOTAL stats since you may have forgotten:

150 Feeder
155 Samurai
160 Paladin
165 Monk
170 Ninja
170 Warlock
170 Headhunter
175 Alchemist

Now if we moved the Paladin to Ninja position, then you get the extra 10 stat points, but respectively, the monk & ninja LOSE 5 stat points.

150 Feeder
155 Samurai
160 Monk (need to re-configure stat points)
165 Ninja (need to re-configure stat points)
170 Paladin (add 5 to Int & 5 to Vita)
170 Warlock
170 Headhunter
175 Alchemist

#4: I like this idea... I do know that there is a new monster ability that has a 10% chance to reduces your damage each successful hit (somewhere in the new Update) ... maybe this could be done in reverse when melee attacks are successful on Sneaky, increasing your physical damage. Just a thought.

#5: I am 50/50 on this one... Increases motivation to glyph / maybe easy to abuse?

#6: This could work, but then that is only a one off payment right? 100 fg for a new character above the maximum of 8. I would pay it, lasts longer than a Vault. (Kinda off the mark here, would be nice that those with only 8 characters can hire a mercenary from the feeder class to join you. you can equip with what you have and in settings you give your merc a set of instructions while you have it with you... also levels up with you, when you MQ, the merc is also rolled back to level 1, gear put into your characters inventory even if you don't have space... note, merc does NOT have an inventory, just able to equip and use the abilities you pre-set in settings)

#7: Doesn't hurt, maybe tick boxes in settings (chat settings) where you can just tick the ones you want to appear, includes MQ notifications.

#8: Yeah, I don't have a problem with this at all, just use a different weapon or charm from level 1-31 and then switch... been doing this for years, it works perfectly... not only that, you can Swap/sell off your lower Tier items.

#9: Power Shot / Armor pierce different colors when activated sounds good... can we get a different color if 2/3 or 3/3 activated in the same action (successful hit check) as well? ... Say Orange when Crit (red) & Armor Pierce (yellow) activates... may have to come up with other colors. (Note: in your text you wrote Damage Return, guessing that was a type error.)

#10: Undecided.

Great ideas, keep it up... remember, I am just adding on... most of those things I posted have been pointed out in previous suggestions which are similar to what you have listed.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 7 2021 03:21am
Gold: 7,863.56
Mar 7 2021 06:15am
N.O.T.A.

:bonk:
Gold: 8,141.59
Mar 7 2021 10:51am
Creating more than 8 characters would be a sick qol change, but of the ones listed I voted for prof at earlier levels.
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Mar 7 2021 02:16pm
Quote (Paparick @ Mar 7 2021 09:15am)
N.O.T.A.

:bonk:

Might I ask why you think sneaky should only be killed by casters?

Or would u like to have 8 or your 16 current characters removed since the limit is now 8?

Or making Paladin stronger is a bad thing since he's lacking in abilities in comparison to other classes. Or maybe you don't like the idea of gaining prof at the lower levels.

There's something in there for everyone. Do you just not like change at all even if it's for good?

Having different colors for different stat effects would be awesome to actually feel that armor pierce or power shot hitting in action :D .
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll