d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19169179189199202039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 755.00
Jul 4 2011 07:21am
Hello Raynor

I decided that it was the time for me to cut some weight because I've been a bit out of shape lately
I workout intensivly but my diet isn't the cleanest and I don't really calculate what I eat so I end up eating too much

I have a decent amount of muscles and I believe that if I cut it'll show a lot more and I'll be able to bulk more easily after the cut

My stats at this moment are as follow :

Height : 5'9''
Weight : 197-202 lbs
Bodyfat : 18%

I'd need a diet with around 2000 calories and as much protein as possible (200+ I'm guessing)

I have a few restrictions because I have allergies which is why I have a hard time making a diet
My allergies are peanut, nut, fish, pea, shellfish, sesame

I also want to keep my strength as much as possible
I know I won't be able to increase my lifts on a cut but how could I maintain it as much as possible ?

Should I go with a strength routine (5x5?) or use a cutting routine anyways?

I was wondering if you could help me :)

Ps : if you have paypal, feel free to pm me your info :)

This post was edited by WDZepplin on Jul 4 2011 07:44am
Gold: 755.00
Jul 4 2011 09:56am
To add : I want to go down to 170 or so then of course I'll clean bulk back to 195-200 again :)
Gold: 1,310.23
Jul 4 2011 10:02am
lol I cant remember if I already went through this with you or not. I know we have talked about weighing food uncooked vs cook

In the end does it matter how "fat" red meat is?

Of course a lower grade meat will have more fat pre-cooked but after grilling it isnt the fat ratio the same, only thing different would be in overall cooked volume.

lesser grade u end up with lesser meat since more was drained/excreted.

lol j/w

This post was edited by TheOak on Jul 4 2011 10:03am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 4 2011 10:18am
How many time a day and when should i take NOW Liquid Cal-Mag?

Thank you!
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 4 2011 12:18pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ Jul 3 2011 03:14pm)
Hey raynor, if i cant make my bench decline, is there any way i could mimic that exercise? like a certain kind of pushup?

i ve never been able to do decline bench

To hit the lower pecs you can try pec dips and also low DB raises

low db raises are where you imitate doing a cable crossover (from the ground) but with dumbbells. Arms straight up in front of you, lower them slowly to your sides and bring them back up (underhand grip) squeeze the chest the whole time.

the pec dips are the same pec dips you'd do anywhere.
Jul 4 2011 12:26pm
Quote (Boxa @ Jul 3 2011 08:59pm)
What do I need to do to look like Wladimir Klitchko other than gain 2 inches in height and get a new face.

lol...if by how to look like Klitchko...you are referring on how to get lean like him...

Then you need to make sure of the following:

1. Super high activity level (approximately three 1 hour intense exercise sessions a day - not just one massive 3 hr training session) + morning fasting HIIT cardio
2. Controlled macros and calories - carbs 20-30 mins after HIIT in the morning as well as 30-60 mins PWO ONLY. The rest of the day is TKD (protein/fats only) with calories 500 below your total BMR + exercise expenditure. No I still do NOT support intermittent fasting.

Hey boxa...is this a legit question? lol

Jul 4 2011 12:28pm
Quote (ILoveMetal @ Jul 4 2011 02:31am)
is it stupid to eat 500 grams of chicken in one sitting? well its 500 grams uncooked, not sure how much it weighs after i cook it.

that's probably around 1 lb cooked weight.

That's a LOT of chicken...however if you're hungry enough to eat it, and you are on a bulking cycle, I see no reason not to.

However if you are on cutting and trying to lose bodyfat, then there is no need to eat that much chicken in 1 sitting.

It's around 120-140g protein.
Jul 4 2011 12:29pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ Jul 4 2011 05:11am)
How often should you switch your toothbrush, I mean - doesn't it contain much bacteria after a while?

Thanks in advance! :)

I recommend soaking your toothbrush in rubbing alcohol once a week. With that precaution you don't have to replace it until the bristles are useless.
Jul 4 2011 12:58pm
Quote (WDZepplin @ Jul 4 2011 09:21am)
Hello Raynor

I decided that it was the time for me to cut some weight because I've been a bit out of shape lately
I workout intensivly but my diet isn't the cleanest and I don't really calculate what I eat so I end up eating too much

I have a decent amount of muscles and I believe that if I cut it'll show a lot more and I'll be able to bulk more easily after the cut

My stats at this moment are as follow :

Height : 5'9''
Weight : 197-202 lbs
Bodyfat : 18%

I'd need a diet with around 2000 calories and as much protein as possible (200+ I'm guessing)

I have a few restrictions because I have allergies which is why I have a hard time making a diet
My allergies are peanut, nut, fish, pea, shellfish, sesame

I also want to keep my strength as much as possible
I know I won't be able to increase my lifts on a cut but how could I maintain it as much as possible ?

Should I go with a strength routine (5x5?) or use a cutting routine anyways?

I was wondering if you could help me :)

Ps : if you have paypal, feel free to pm me your info :)

Hey Zep,

Let me ask you a few questions.

First of all, are you interested in doing keto? Keto basically means 6 days of NO CARBS + plenty of protein/fats and then a 7th day of virtually all carbs, some protein, and almost no fats. This diet is superior for immediate fat loss with maximum muscle sparing.

Secondly, if you are not interested in keto, are you willing to increase your overall activity level (such as doing morning fasting cardio + a regular 1-2 hr workout later in the day)? If so, I can make an alternate diet to support your allergies as well as give you the classic cutting exercise routine for maximum efficiency.

So anyway here is what you need:

1. If you choose to do keto, use this:

you need 2,000 cal per day.

1. no more than 20g carbs per day (except carb day and cheat day)
2. A split of approximately 70% calories from fat, 25-30% calories from protein. (only carbs will be from fiberous veggies and nuts)
3. Follow my exercise routine I gave you METICULOUSLY
4. Take fat burners every morning prior to eating with 2 large glasses of water, eat meal 1 approx 15-20 mins later.

Meal Plan:

Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs + 1 oz full fat cheese w/ 1/2 cup green peppers
Meal 2 - 1 zero carb protein shake w/ 3 tbsp heavy cream
Meal 3 - 1 salad with chicken breast and 2 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 4 - 4 oz chicken or turkey + 2 oz full fat cheese + 2-3 tbsp mayo + green veggies (celery, green pepper, etc)
Meal 5 - 6oz ground beef (80/20) with grated romano cheese + 3 slices of tomato (diced) and green veggies
Meal 6 - 1 cup highest fat % cottage cheese + either 3tbsp heavy cream or 1tbsp olive oil

You can make substitutions as necessary, but keep calories to 2,000 per day with the proper fat/protein ratio, only carbs from green veggies and a few nuts, and at least 1 gal of water.

Perform this diet for 13 days straight and on the 14th day you are allowed your first CARB DAY:

Carb day is as follows:

2,500-3,000 calories, 85% cals from carbs, 15% cals from protein/fats. (this phase is to replenish muscle glycogen to fuel your next week of lifting)

Meal 1 - 2 large bowls of shredded wheat + FAT FREE milk
Meal 2 - a lot of pasta + tomato sauce and grated cheese
meal 3 - 2 cups brown rice, 1 cup black beans + salsa
Meal 4 - 1 large baked potato, 1 large sweet potato, veggies
meal 5 - 2-3 large bagels with nonfat cream cheese
meal 6 - 2-3 whole grain bran muffins with nonfat milk

Then you are going to go another 6 days with ZERO CARBS as illustrated first...and then on the 7th day you can have a CHEAT DAY...but with restricted calories....

Cheat day restricted calories:

2,000 calories total: cheat sample:

Meal 1 - 2 waffles with syrup + blueberries and strawberries
Meal 2 - 1/4 lb cheeseburger + small fries
Meal 3 - 1 ham and cheese sandwich w/ 1 bag sunchips
Meal 4 - 2 slices of pizza w/ whatever toppings you like
Meal 5 - 10 piece chicken nuggets

Then you are going to go another 13 days with NO CARBS...and then do the carb day again....followed 6 days later by the cheat day.

Keep repeating this process and you will see absolutely incredible fat losses with pretty decent muscle gains.

After 1 month (30 days) of this plan, you should have done:

day 1-13 - no carb keto
day 14 - carb up
day 15-20 - no carb keto
day 21 - cheat day
day 22-35 - no carb keto

Anyway......after doing this plan for 1 month with my exercise plan I gave you...if you start having issues with fat gain or lack of muscle gain, come get me and I will modify things accordingly. However, as of right now, this plan should work perfectly. Keep it up for at least a month before modifying the calories to suit your lower body weight.

2. If you choose to avoid keto, use this:

First, find your BMR (google this). Once you have your BMR, you will eat approximately 200 cals under BMR and burn at least 300 cals a day from exercise for a total of -500 cals per day which equals out to around 1 lb of fat per week (along with nearly 1 lb of water).

Assuming your BMR is 2,200, you will wake in 2,000 cals per day and burn another 300 (MINIMUM) from exercise.

Here is your sample diet for 2,000 cals of cutting:

First thing upon waking - Drink 2 cups of coffee (or take 3 GAT Jet Fuel) with 20 oz water and perform 20 mins of fasting cardio.
Meal 1 (wait another 15 mins after finishing cardio) - Protein shake w/ 1 cup oatmeal + handful of berries
Meal 2 - 1 chicken breast + large green salad + o-oil and vinegar
Meal 3 - 5 oz lean beef (90/10 or better) w/ mixed veggies
Meal 4 - 6 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup black beans + 1/2 cup green pepper
Meal 5 (assuming this is POST WORKOUT, if not adjust this meal to PWO) - 1 Protein shake + 1 tbsp coconut oil + 1 oz cheese + handful mixed berries
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + cinnamon to taste

also please follow this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335587138Fat%20loss%2015%20tips#p335587138
General Fat Loss Tips

As far as workouts go, follow this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

If you can't make it to the gym the prescribed number of days, just do as much as you can. If you miss 3 days, just pick up where you left off.

Remember, the more calories you burn each day the better. Do HIIT cardio at home every day if you can (first thing in the morning).
Jul 4 2011 01:05pm
Quote (TheOak @ Jul 4 2011 12:02pm)
lol I cant remember if I already went through this with you or not. I know we have talked about weighing food uncooked vs cook

In the end does it matter how "fat" red meat is?

Of course a lower grade meat will have more fat pre-cooked but after grilling it isnt the fat ratio the same, only thing different would be in overall cooked volume.

lesser grade u end up with lesser meat since more was drained/excreted.

lol j/w

Hey man...we actually have not gone over this...at least I don't think.

Well theres a few sides to this. First of all, a very fatty steak, regardless of how much you grill it, will still have a considerable amount of fat left. The only fat you end up losing is some of the "marbling" throughout the steak. The large pieces of fat tend to stay put right through grilling.

I always recommend sirloin (tip or top)...both of which are excellent tasting and also very low in excess fat. Fats in general are good...however fats from red meat are NOT as you obviously know.

So anyway, I hope that helped lol. Also I recommend trying grass fed beef...it's truly a religious experience to have that after years of regular beef eating.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19169179189199202039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll