d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Hi, Need Advice
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 1 2023 08:53am
Hi everyone, so I'm pretty new to the gym but I have a pretty good body, 85kg / for 1m81, I've been going to the gym since December, my program is every 2 days, cardio, pecs, biceps, triceps, but I don't work the legs, to tell the truth I don't know all the exercises to do in the gym, if you have any advice, videos to have a balanced body, let me know. Thanks <3

Also I do a lot of push-ups and pull-ups, but I feel like I'm not complete in the exercises.
Also I don't take any protein or other food supplements, but I eat fairly healthy, no fat, little dairy etc.

This post was edited by Gr33dzie on Mar 1 2023 08:56am
Gold: 168,000.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 1 2023 08:57am
Quote (Gr33dzie @ 1 Mar 2023 08:53)
Hi everyone, so I'm pretty new to the gym but I have a pretty good body, 85kg / for 1m81, I've been going to the gym since December, my program is every 2 days, cardio, pecs, biceps, triceps, but I don't work the legs, to tell the truth I don't know all the exercises to do in the gym, if you have any advice, videos to have a balanced body, let me know. Thanks <3

Squats

OR if youre not comfortable doing squats

max incline on a treadmill at a decent pace will help build your calves up. Otherwise calf raises/extensions would be your go to, along with leg press.

The best thing to do would be map out what you want your week to work like, alternating the muscle groups that you want to target.

Mine personally is:

Monday Chest/Back
Tuesday Shoulders/Legs
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Chest/Back
Friday Shoulders/Legs
Saturday high intensity cardio.
Sunday Rest

Each of those days I am also incorporating Bis/Tris/Abs and about 20-30 mins of cardio.

Saturday is when we sweat, baby :banana:
Mar 1 2023 09:03am
Quote (woo @ Mar 1 2023 03:57pm)
Squats

OR if youre not comfortable doing squats

max incline on a treadmill at a decent pace will help build your calves up. Otherwise calf raises/extensions would be your go to, along with leg press.

The best thing to do would be map out what you want your week to work like, alternating the muscle groups that you want to target.

Mine personally is:

Monday Chest/Back
Tuesday Shoulders/Legs
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Chest/Back
Friday Shoulders/Legs
Saturday high intensity cardio.
Sunday Rest

Each of those days I am also incorporating Bis/Tris/Abs and about 20-30 mins of cardio.

Saturday is when we sweat, baby :banana:

Thank you for your answer bandit, it's true that I never do squats, nor leg press, it's a good idea
So if I understand correctly you alternate the days depending on the muscles you want to work? It's not my case and I think it's a mistake, moreover I don't work my back I don't see what exercise to do?
Thank you sexy

Gold: 168,000.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 1 2023 09:33am
Quote (Gr33dzie @ 1 Mar 2023 09:03)
Thank you for your answer bandit, it's true that I never do squats, nor leg press, it's a good idea
So if I understand correctly you alternate the days depending on the muscles you want to work? It's not my case and I think it's a mistake, moreover I don't work my back I don't see what exercise to do?
Thank you sexy

Yes alternate days to give muscles a rest.

Rows for your back
Gold: 3,826.00
Mar 1 2023 04:09pm
You can do a push/pull/legs 3 day split to start. Do 4 sets of 8 reps each.

Push
* start with elliptical trainer for 5 mins to warmup
* bench press
* incline bench press
* shoulder press
* cable fly extensions
* tricep extensions
* lateral raises

Pull
* elliptical trainer 5 mins
* lat pull-down
* seated cable rows
* one arm side dumbell rows
* pullovers
* shrugs
* preacher curls / dumbell curls

Legs
* elliptical trainer
* Squats
* Lunges
* Deadlifts
* Calves

You can replace squats with leg presses
Deadlifts with leg extensions + leg curls

If you are just starting I would strongly advise you to get a trainer for a month and ask him to get your technique correct. It’s worth the money.

Get chronometer.com account and track your diet for a month with 40% protein / 30% fat / 30% carbs target. Use the website, not the app. Then look into getting vitamins supplements (eg magnesium / omega3 / vitamin D). Drink 3L water a day. Yes 3L. Buy a water jug.

Be careful not to injure yourself. Rather do a light set than potentially set yourself back 4 weeks with a shoulder recovery.

This post was edited by Malopox on Mar 1 2023 04:21pm
Mar 1 2023 04:55pm
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 1 2023 11:09pm)
You can do a push/pull/legs 3 day split to start. Do 4 sets of 8 reps each.

Push
* start with elliptical trainer for 5 mins to warmup
* bench press
* incline bench press
* shoulder press
* cable fly extensions
* tricep extensions
* lateral raises

Pull
* elliptical trainer 5 mins
* lat pull-down
* seated cable rows
* one arm side dumbell rows
* pullovers
* shrugs
* preacher curls / dumbell curls

Legs
* elliptical trainer
* Squats
* Lunges
* Deadlifts
* Calves

You can replace squats with leg presses
Deadlifts with leg extensions + leg curls

If you are just starting I would strongly advise you to get a trainer for a month and ask him to get your technique correct. It’s worth the money.

Get chronometer.com account and track your diet for a month with 40% protein / 30% fat / 30% carbs target. Use the website, not the app. Then look into getting vitamins supplements (eg magnesium / omega3 / vitamin D). Drink 3L water a day. Yes 3L. Buy a water jug.

Be careful not to injure yourself. Rather do a light set than potentially set yourself back 4 weeks with a shoulder recovery.

It's really well detailed, and I thank you for your advice.
I'm going to try these valuable tips gradually tomorrow.
I considered taking a coach, and I think I will, youtube videos and advice are good, but I think a physical presence is necessary
Besides, I don't know how to work my back at all and it's something quite important for me, because I have a fairly square build and I stand a little bent.
Anyway thank you very much

Besides, I also thank you for the advice of chronometer.com, because even if I eat healthy (little meat, a lot of vegetables / fruits / soup / eggs) I don't think I have the best diet to achieve my current goal.

:hail:

Gold: 60,000.17
Apr 17 2023 12:06pm
Quote (Gr33dzie @ Mar 1 2023 05:53pm)

Also I do a lot of push-ups and pull-ups, but I feel like I'm not complete in the exercises.
Also I don't take any protein or other food supplements, but I eat fairly healthy, no fat, little dairy etc.

Start taking proteins and amino. It'll boost up your progress significantly.
Gold: 1.00
Apr 19 2023 07:55am
Quote (Cosopt @ Apr 17 2023 12:06pm)
Start taking proteins and amino. It'll boost up your progress significantly.

That it absolutely won't. Completely trivial impact unless you're lacking significant calories and you bridge it with protein powder in which case you have a nutrition intake issue. No real point in putting a price tag on getting into lifting with exception of the gym membership. Too many people just dive into expensive supplementation when they first start lifting only to realize later its a waste of money if you're already eating sufficient calories that has decent micro nutritional content as well. If anything I'd say the supplement market created a barrier to entry. People have been brainwashed to think if that go to the gym they have to take xyz. It's just not the case.

Given you're a newer lifter, compound exercises will, though.

Squat , Bench , Deadlift (Or Romanian deadlift if you prefer) and overhead press.

Make sure you're doing the above exercises at minimum 1-2 times per week. Can do 1 time + variation on the second day such as Bench + light ohp one day and close grip bench on the day you focus on overhead press. That gets you two days of chest and shoulder compounds in. Do something similar for squat and deadlift (Front squat, pause squat or just regular back squat twice a week). It's as easy as that. Ensure your primary focus goes into those exercises and do them upfront after warm up to ensure you are not yet fatigued and can put the most effort into the exercises that give you the most bang for your time. People might talk about pre-fatigue and bullshit, ignore it.

Deadlift can be kept to once per week, as a newer lifter I never had issues but as I progressed passed the 600lb mark and a lot of my working sets were around 500lbs - 555lbs + the exercise took its toll on my body and I dropped to once per week for maximum recovery between sessions with the exception of some speed work near the beginning of a training block. For you though i'm quite certain deadlifting one day and doing romanian on another will have no significant toll on your recovery.

If I could go back in time I would have put more emphasis on front squats with a better upright body position. For general hypertrophy and powerlifting, I find we learn to lift with a rounded upper back which will never translate if you ever want to move into Olympic weightlifting. Just something to consider and something id change about myself 9 years later.

This post was edited by SBD on Apr 19 2023 08:06am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2023 08:12am
tren
Gold: 400.00
Apr 20 2023 05:47pm
lots of anime helps.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll