d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev12345307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 25 2023 01:18pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 26 2023 02:27am)
passing judgement while in your own godhood pronouncing people "innocent" just in that alone you fail in epic fashion and i havent even started yet. this is only the beginning as I will be unravelling your "gish gallop" in due time

So you think everyone is guilty, children, infants, animals, women and all men, yourself including? Therefore one can slaughter people with impunity and even torture them because the bible says so?
You have mental capacity of a 12 year old bud.
The reason people like children are presumed innocent is because they have no idea what is good or evil yet. Studies have proven this already. You can bring up twins at 2 different households and they can turn out to be polar opposites.

I mean on one hand one of the bibles core commandments thou shall not kill (which I think is one of the few sensible things) than on the other hand Yhwh character goes around slaughtering and ordering people to kill each other people like its a daily practice. :wacko:

This is why the bible is out of touch with the current times, these are barbaric practices and religious states like Israel, Afghanistan etc have been perma fighting costing trillions of dollars and countless lives.

This post was edited by addone on Feb 25 2023 01:28pm
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Feb 25 2023 04:40pm
Quote (addone @ Feb 25 2023 11:18am)
So you think everyone is guilty, children, infants, animals, women and all men, yourself including? Therefore one can slaughter people with impunity and even torture them because the bible says so?
You have mental capacity of a 12 year old bud.
The reason people like children are presumed innocent is because they have no idea what is good or evil yet. Studies have proven this already. You can bring up twins at 2 different households and they can turn out to be polar opposites.

I mean on one hand one of the bibles core commandments thou shall not kill (which I think is one of the few sensible things) than on the other hand Yhwh character goes around slaughtering and ordering people to kill each other people like its a daily practice. :wacko:

This is why the bible is out of touch with the current times, these are barbaric practices and religious states like Israel, Afghanistan etc have been perma fighting costing trillions of dollars and countless lives.

in your own godhood you pronounce these people "innocent" taking out of context selected scripture while ignoring other scripture. in short that makes you a liar.

the people you declare "innocent"
Genesis 6:5
“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
King James Version (KJV)

you dont know anything about scripture. sum total of your research is to find some antitheist site and run back here posting it in ignorance.

genesis 6:5 in context

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Feb 25 2023 04:57pm
Quote (addone @ Feb 24 2023 01:12pm)
The bible sounds like it was written solely by humans in an ignorant, superstitious, and cruel age. The writers of the Bible lived in an unenlightened era, the book contains many errors and harmful teachings.
Also God is or Yhwh or Jelous as the bible refers to sounds like a deified ruler/general of some kind. A common practice for that time period.

Many of the Christians will argue with scripture without single shred of evidence. They will just quote you some paragraph without any proof or logic of any kind. They take it at face value and presume that you also believe it 100% as well. So if you are one of those people please note that it's equivalent to trying to debate with someone who replies with fortune cookie generator. If you are unable to logically convey your argument please don't assume to speak.

This thread will a form a case to why the bible and Christianity as a whole is erroneous and completely made up collection of stories that attempted to convey some kind of spiritual/moral compass to the masses while getting rich off its followers often times through physical violence, coercion and trickery.
Christianity is simply one of many religious and mythological creationist stories that are found in virtually in every ancient culture on earth. People needed explanations for natural phenomenon answers to philosophical questions in life. So they turned to paganism, religion and later to science and practical knowledge.

Let's begin!!

bolded part
so opens addones gish gallop. many claims he has made and this will take a while. for now we start were he began. he believes himself and the currant age to be "enlightened" aw? so much is declared in his own godhood in this "enlightened" age of butchering of little children telling them they will be made the opposite sex. seems its going backwards.....? much of it sodom and gomorrah rising

2nd paragraph, later.....
Feb 25 2023 09:02pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 26 2023 11:40am)
in your own godhood you pronounce these people "innocent" taking out of context selected scripture while ignoring other scripture. in short that makes you a liar.

the people you declare "innocent"
Genesis 6:5
“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
King James Version (KJV)

you dont know anything about scripture. sum total of your research is to find some antitheist site and run back here posting it in ignorance.

genesis 6:5 in context

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. 5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

See how I provided actual example of why children are presumed innocent. Essentially a blank mind that downloads information and learns good and bad behaviour. What you have done is quoted an illogical book with no proof whatsoever and made definitive conclusions like a puppet.

See how you are being a generic NPC? You haven't even attempted to answer how or why "just because bible told me and I don't question anything herp derp..."

Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 26 2023 11:57am)
bolded part
so opens addones gish gallop. many claims he has made and this will take a while. for now we start were he began. he believes himself and the currant age to be "enlightened" aw? so much is declared in his own godhood in this "enlightened" age of butchering of little children telling them they will be made the opposite sex. seems its going backwards.....? much of it sodom and gomorrah rising

2nd paragraph, later.....

I'll take let's make up shit up for $500 Alex.
Stop talking I think this is way over your head. First attempt and you literally talking rubbish.

This post was edited by addone on Feb 25 2023 09:12pm
Feb 25 2023 09:22pm
Disproportionate Punishments by the Lord

The biblical God is also guilty of inflicting punishments that are grossly disproportionate to the acts committed. In the American legal system, such disproportion violates the U.S. Constitution’s Eighth Amendment, which prohibits cruel and unusual punishments.

Obviously, to punish people who are completely innocent, as seen in the preceding Bible verses, constitutes punishment that is horribly disproportionate to the moral culpability of the recipients. And there are other instances where the biblical God’s punishments are shockingly harsh compared to the acts committed.

For example, the Old Testament says the Lord prescribed execution for the “crimes” of working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15); cursing one’s parents (Leviticus 20:9); worshiping other gods (Deuteronomy 17:2-5); enticing a friend or family member to worship other gods (Deuteronomy 13:6-10); being a witch, medium, or wizard (Exodus 22:18; Leviticus 20:27); engaging in homosexual acts (Leviticus 20:13); and not being a virgin on one’s wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21).

In the New Testament, God became far worse in regard to imposing excessively severe punishments. It would be hard to imagine anything more cruel and disproportionate than punishing people with eternal torture for mere disbelief that Jesus was the son of God.

The inability to believe that proposition harms no one, and it has been disbelieved by some of the greatest benefactors of humanity. Nonetheless, God promises to punish them and all other nonbelievers with the most horrible pain conceivable.

God’s Violence Incites Human Violence

A serious problem with the violence and injustice in the Bible is that, all too often, the teachings and example of the biblical God have incited cruel acts by his followers.

Many of them reasoned that since God, who is considered just and loving, committed or approved of the most brutal acts, good Christians need not have qualms about behaving likewise. Such logic led the American patriot Thomas Paine to say, “The belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man.”[11]

Joseph McCabe’s treatise The History of Torture illustrates the reasoning process. McCabe reports that during the Middle Ages, there was more torture used in Christian Europe than in any society in history.[12]

The main cause of this cruelty was the Christian doctrine of eternal punishment. McCabe explains: “If, it was natural to reason, God punishes men with eternal torment, it is surely lawful for men to use doses of it in a good cause.”[13]

Other historical examples of violent and unjust acts supported by biblical teachings include: the Inquisition; the Crusades; the burning of witches; religious wars; pogroms against Jews; persecution of homosexuals; forceful conversions of heathens; slavery; beatings of children; brutal treatment of the mentally ill; suppression of scientists; and whippings, mutilations, and violent executions of persons convicted of crimes. Those acts were a regular part of the Christian world for centuries.

Thomas Paine was entirely justified in saying about the Bible: “It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it as I detest everything that is cruel.”[14]
Feb 26 2023 01:10am
Quote (addone @ Feb 25 2023 07:02pm)
See how I provided actual example of why children are presumed innocent. Essentially a blank mind that downloads information and learns good and bad behaviour. What you have done is quoted an illogical book with no proof whatsoever and made definitive conclusions like a puppet.

See how you are being a generic NPC? You haven't even attempted to answer how or why "just because bible told me and I don't question anything herp derp..."

I'll take let's make up shit up for $500 Alex.
Stop talking I think this is way over your head. First attempt and you literally talking rubbish.

whose the NPC in his own godhood pronouncing the people of the flood story innocent?
kids are not necessarily "innocent" but are not held accountable till they reach the age of accountability. kids are a gift from God and can be taken from you at any time. especially if you are deemed unworthy of them.

o im making cit up? your ignorant of the fact that children are being "transed" and since you ignorant of the horrors going under your very nose that can only mean i "make up shit"

BTW the poll option 5 makes your poll dumb unless your saying "I believe in common sense, science and practicality" is synonymous with the other 3 options
God is not mocked
Feb 26 2023 01:14am
Quote (addone @ Feb 24 2023 01:12pm)
The bible sounds like it was written solely by humans in an ignorant, superstitious, and cruel age. The writers of the Bible lived in an unenlightened era, the book contains many errors and harmful teachings.
Also God is or Yhwh or Jelous as the bible refers to sounds like a deified ruler/general of some kind. A common practice for that time period.

Many of the Christians will argue with scripture without single shred of evidence. They will just quote you some paragraph without any proof or logic of any kind. They take it at face value and presume that you also believe it 100% as well. So if you are one of those people please note that it's equivalent to trying to debate with someone who replies with fortune cookie generator. If you are unable to logically convey your argument please don't assume to speak.

This thread will a form a case to why the bible and Christianity as a whole is erroneous and completely made up collection of stories that attempted to convey some kind of spiritual/moral compass to the masses while getting rich off its followers often times through physical violence, coercion and trickery.
Christianity is simply one of many religious and mythological creationist stories that are found in virtually in every ancient culture on earth. People needed explanations for natural phenomenon answers to philosophical questions in life. So they turned to paganism, religion and later to science and practical knowledge.

Let's begin!!

2nd paragraph
and I will make the claim that you argue against scripture with out any shred of evidence, assertion fallacies abound.

Feb 26 2023 04:12am
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 26 2023 08:14pm)
2nd paragraph
and I will make the claim that you argue against scripture with out any shred of evidence, assertion fallacies abound.

That was laying the groundwork for this thread. Also since you haven't yet provided any proof other than " but, but Bible told me so you are wrong" argument I would say it's pretty accurate.

Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 26 2023 08:10pm)
whose the NPC in his own godhood pronouncing the people of the flood story innocent?
kids are not necessarily "innocent" but are not held accountable till they reach the age of accountability. kids are a gift from God and can be taken from you at any time. especially if you are deemed unworthy of them.

o im making cit up? your ignorant of the fact that children are being "transed" and since you ignorant of the horrors going under your very nose that can only mean i "make up shit"

BTW the poll option 5 makes your poll dumb unless your saying "I believe in common sense, science and practicality" is synonymous with the other 3 options
God is not mocked

Look up innocent in the dictionary bud. If you think kids born into this world are guilty and somehow inherently evil then I don't know what to tell you. To me that's sounds like some twisted and cruel view of the world.
What stops some freak like you sticking a knife into a woman's pregnant belly and saying "Its ok God commanded me to do it your child was a deemed unworthy before it was born!" Because that's the teachings of your psychotic book.

This post was edited by addone on Feb 26 2023 04:22am
Feb 26 2023 04:49am

Gold: 2,420.00
Feb 26 2023 05:14am
very based thread
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll