d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > As Far As I Can Tell, If You Use Chatgpt As A ...
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Feb 22 2023 04:36pm
As far as I can tell, if you use ChatGPT as a tutor for a variety of topics of interest, e.g., C# programming, ethics and the role that ethics play when technologies take up a huge space in our lives, and even explorations of the cosmos, just to name a few, then it is a valuable tool. And, if you are skilful at scrutinizing some or all of its responses, then you will add to the things you know about. As someone who does not see ChatGPT as a replacement for human to human contact, I am enjoying exploring it as a learning tool. Mind you, there are so many articles and talks on the pros and cons of any generative AI. I guess that it is a matter of making up your own mind as to what you wish to do and/or to explore with it. I do hope that the free version does not disappear too soon. That would suck. Yet, business models are business models.

Currently exploring this...
Gold: 5.00
Feb 24 2023 02:00pm
Been using it for a while, generates simple code samples that work half of the time. Weird concept when chatgpt is generating vanilla neutral net code and other AI building blocks on its own. Has not been able to solve unsolved problems scopes though, but is good at spitting back existing corpus at you or generalized/obfuscated academic approaches.

Takeaway so far is it's faster than Google search to get at working prototype basic code at least. Have only questioned it around computer science and EE concepts so far.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Feb 24 2023 02:00pm
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Feb 24 2023 04:41pm
ive noticed its really good with mid iq/high knowledge jobs such as translating, medicine, law etc. for high iq jobs like programming not so much

also its very unreliable and sometimes lies by omission or even directly, so dont ask political questions or anything where you have a small margin of error :wacko:
Gold: 15.00
Feb 24 2023 06:59pm
It still thinks being gay isn't a mental illness.

But yeah, it does know and do some cool stuff.
Gold: 30,363.04
Feb 28 2023 05:56pm
Quote (WitchfinderGeneral @ 25 Feb 2023 01:59)
It still thinks being gay isn't a mental illness.

But yeah, it does know and do some cool stuff.

i am not sure who is wrong here actually :P
Feb 28 2023 09:15pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (derDrops @ Mar 1 2023 12:56am)

well homosexuality goes against the law of nature (because it reduces your chance of having healthy offspring), so its an illness. and its psychological so that checks out as well :unsure:

even on group level its an illness, id argue it adds way less than it removes (opposite to what was proposed by the so called "gay uncle" theory), losing genes of a person to possibly help preserving a group with similar genes is okay if proven true, but gl with that in this case; an example of evolutionary solid gene sacrifice in order to preserve a group would for example be a catholic priest like 500 years ago, who wasnt allowed to have children but was so important for group cohesion that the group gene loss would have been worse without him

fact check true i guess, homosexuality is a mental illness. but strictly biologically speaking, no one is completely healthy, so i hope that helps :blush:
Gold: 1,453.85
Feb 28 2023 10:05pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (derDrops @ Feb 28 2023 03:56pm)

If a man wants to have sex with another man, that's a mental illness.

They just call it a different sexual orientation to normalize it. But deep down, everybody knows it's a sickness. Words like homo, f*ggot are commonly used as slurs, which shows that most people still consider homosexuality to be abnormal/aberrant.
Feb 28 2023 11:23pm
jsp based af

mods dont give a shit

just pure science :drool:
Gold: 6.69
Mar 1 2023 04:33am
Sigh. I ought not to be surprised that there is anti-lgbtq2+ rhetoric in this or on any forum (online and in real life).
I cannot blame the mods for not addressing anti-lgbtq2+ rhetoric when it arises as everyone, including me, cannot change the minds of those who either choose to hate or who lack the capacity to know when they are being harmful. Sigh.
Mar 1 2023 05:58am
Quote (jalapenos @ Mar 1 2023 11:33am)
Sigh. I ought not to be surprised that there is anti-lgbtq2+ rhetoric in this or on any forum (online and in real life).
I cannot blame the mods for not addressing anti-lgbtq2+ rhetoric when it arises as everyone, including me, cannot change the minds of those who either choose to hate or who lack the capacity to know when they are being harmful. Sigh.

well to be fair, there was no hate whatsoever, we just concluded its a mental illness :unsure: and it is really, even according to the WHO definition: "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity"

a homosexual person wont have the physical well being because he/she is physically subpar compared to the normal when it comes to fertility, he/she will have lower chance of having children due to 1) less desire to have sex with the opposite sex and 2) lower functionality in it simply because in order for be effective at creating offspring, you need to enjoy it; for men its obvious why but even for women there is a correlation between actually enjoying sex and getting pregnant. and yeah im aware that the condition has a "cure" that avoids the problem (artificial insemination), but then again, so does the plague :mellow:

my argument was that even though its an illness, a person shouldnt hate him/herself for that at all as no one is perfectly healthy, we all have some problems :blush: also there shouldnt be any hate, i dont hate a homosexual same as i dont hate a schizophrenic :unsure:

edit: note that there are some things that are really good on paper, but maladaptive in reality (meaning its selected against and can technically be considered an illness). intelligence for example is maladaptive and has been so for more than 100 years (after vaccines and antibiotics and other means of removal of darwinian conditions). extreme intelligence has always been maladaptive. although intelligence isnt maladaptive on the group level (a crazy genius like tesla sacrifices his genes but the group profits massively so most of his genes survive)

and again, there is a theory that argues that homosexuality is (or at least has been at some point) not maladaptive on the group level (so called gay uncle theory). i dont intuitively agree with it, but its a solid theory without any major flaws and might as well be true

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Mar 1 2023 06:20am
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll