d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > A Few Noob Questions I Have After Playing
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.24
Feb 11 2023 06:21pm
Hey folks, I just saved a bunch of questions I had after playing again (I played this game a long long time ago). Kinda wished there was a search function for Ladder Slasher sub forum? (Why isn't there one, or am I blind?!)

- How often can you use the well before it goes away?
- Any method to find wells more often?
- ^ sort of follow-up; if you use a well in a group, does it impact others?
- What is this Trapdoor mechanic? (I noticed I had this twice and mobs became kinda difficult?..)
- Is it like a must-have to wear some magic luck? I've only found incredibly terrible items. I.e. I do not expect to find some 80EE item instantly, but I do not even find 20EE. If things drop it's basically all < 10 values
- if you /whistle {lower lvl} does it also impact the drop rate? I can imagine it's limited by the whistle level now, but it seems also that fewer stuff drop?
- Generally speaking, if an item does not have EE or is just plain white (for well), it's charsi?

Thanks in advance :D

This post was edited by dikkuhshit on Feb 11 2023 06:21pm
Gold: 55,978.48
Feb 11 2023 06:40pm
Quote (dikkuhshit @ Feb 11 2023 09:21pm)
Hey folks, I just saved a bunch of questions I had after playing again (I played this game a long long time ago). Kinda wished there was a search function for Ladder Slasher sub forum? (Why isn't there one, or am I blind?!)

- What is this Trapdoor mechanic? (I noticed I had this twice and mobs became kinda difficult?..)
- Is it like a must-have to wear some magic luck? I've only found incredibly terrible items. I.e. I do not expect to find some 80EE item instantly, but I do not even find 20EE. If things drop it's basically all < 10 values
- if you /whistle {lower lvl} does it also impact the drop rate? I can imagine it's limited by the whistle level now, but it seems also that fewer stuff drop?
- Generally speaking, if an item does not have EE or is just plain white (for well), it's charsi?

1. Well usage amount is random. You can use it one time and it disappears or it can stick around after many uses. It’s random.
2. There is no method to finding wells….they also appear randomly. There are well events that have a better chance of getting a well (or multiple ones in game) but once again it’s random. You can also find/buy a map that has a almost guaranteed chance of finding a well in the map (I say almost because I’ve heard of tales where the last square in the map was supposed to be the guaranteed well but instead it turned into the final treasure chest).
3. If you use a well in a group it makes the battle more difficult. It’s supposed to also give more drops or better drop quality but once again that’s based on luck.
4. Trap doors will drop you down to the next level of the catacomb where the monsters are more difficult and have small chance of dropping better stuff. Personally, because the benefit is so small, I reset the map whenever I get dropped by a trap door.
Gold: 55,978.48
Feb 11 2023 06:42pm
Quote (dikkuhshit @ Feb 11 2023 09:21pm)

1. Well usage amount is random. You can use it one time and it disappears or it can stick around after many uses. It’s random.
2. There is no method to finding wells….they also appear randomly. There are well events that have a better chance of getting a well (or multiple ones in game) but once again it’s random. You can also find/buy a map that has a almost guaranteed chance of finding a well in the map (I say almost because I’ve heard of tales where the last square in the map was supposed to be the guaranteed well but instead it turned into the final treasure chest).
3. If you use a well in a group it makes the battle more difficult. It’s supposed to also give more drops or better drop quality but once again that’s based on luck.
4. Trap doors will drop you down to the next level of the catacomb where the monsters are more difficult and have small chance of dropping better stuff. Personally, because the benefit is so small, I reset the map whenever I get dropped by a trap door.

Bleh sorry for double post…..

5. Magic luck is not needed. Some say it helps you find overspawn items….some say it helps you find more lvl 30 and up junk that you can sell for fg. However, many people that don’t use magic luck, have found 100 ee ++ items. So….really depends on your play style if you want to add magic luck or not

6. Whistling decreases the damage/strength of the monsters BUT it also decreases the items quality and quantity. However whistling in groups makes lvling and gaining experience go much quicker than going solo. And you can still find decent items while whistling in a group. (But you need to be quick when a good item drops because there will be 4 other people that try to grab that same item. Who gets it is random).

7 white items lvl 25 are worth about 1 fg…..white lvl 54 items are worth 80-100. Magical 30 junk is worth 1 fg each. Magical 55 junk is worth 10-12 fg. Also during muting events some of us are buying much lower items for a

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Feb 11 2023 06:53pm
Gold: 8.24
Feb 11 2023 06:57pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ 12 Feb 2023 01:42)

Bleh sorry for double post…..

5. Magic luck is not needed. Some say it helps you find overspawn items….some say it helps you find more lvl 30 and up junk that you can sell for fg. However, many people that don’t use magic luck, have found 100 ee ++ items. So….really depends on your play style if you want to add magic luck or not

6. Whistling decreases the damage/strength of the monsters BUT it also decreases the items quality and quantity. However whistling in groups makes lvling and gaining experience go much quicker than going solo. And you can still find decent items while whistling in a group. (But you need to be quick when a good item drops because there will be 4 other people that try to grab that same item. Who gets it is random).

7 white items lvl 25 are worth about 1 fg…..white lvl 54 items are worth 80-100. Magical 30 junk is worth 1 fg each. Magical 55 junk is worth 10-12 fg. Also during muting events some of us are buying much lower items for a

Thanks a lot for the insights! :D
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll