d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Teach Me How To Pvp - Smite > D2:R
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2023 03:44am
So I’m lvl 92
I’ve got

HELM-gface, shako, vamp gaze, andys /blackhorns face
MAIN - Grief +350 +34ias , a 427% Ed phoenix 18fire sorb 10max fire res
SWAP - 4 Bo cta/ hoz / eth Exile / stormshield / spirit
CHEST - nigma , forti , twitchthrow
-BELT , dungos,arachs,SoE,IK,cold sorb belt, Tgods
GLOVES- dracs/10cb gloves/trangs/magefist/LoH
BOOTS-gorerider/goblin toe/infernostride/marrowwalk
Rings /ravenfrost/dwarfstar/ str rings
AMMY- highlords/30 res /

Random charms to stack against specific competitors (light/fire/cold res)

SKILLS

20smite
20fanat
20holyshield
20defiance

1to prereqs

1to zeal
1 to vengeance

No salvation
No Foh
No resist any

Should I make my str high enough so I can swap around all gear? I got a shaft stop I can’t even put on , and when I wear forti I have to wear str charms and other str stuff to put on stormshield ( if using for dr)

Currently got 18k def with phoenix and 30k def with exile lol.

Smite dmg of god knows what with the grief and Ed from phoenix (+forti when I use it )

Mainly I got 1 restat left and am thinking of either pumping up foh or charge but don’t know which would be more powerful since I won’t me maxing synergies, I want to keep smite/HS/fanat so that leaves aboot 40 skill points.

I also do Ubers and farm in general with this char as I just really enjoy smiting the fork out of things lol

Looking for a good reading material or video on how to play smiter, I didn’t know you could name lock till earlier this week and just started getting some kills with knowing that, now I’m learning to dodge with charge or stay sporadic with char so hard for them to namelock me lol.

Having a hard time grasping telesmite, shift smiting what to do with assansins ww and claw block lol

Been reading a bunch and saw using vigor or holy freeze to increase your walk speed and to smite barb or ww sin at the end of the ww

Also lots of info out there refers to prepatch tricks

Any good videos recommended?

This post was edited by Yeti_dabs on Jan 27 2023 07:45pm
Jan 27 2023 07:50am
Well I’ll start in gear.

You need damage reduction. I use..

COA two sockets Ber Ber
20 ias crushing blow gloves
Verdungos
Grief zerk
Phoenix or exile both sacred targes
Cta spirit switch
Water walk boots (the ones with 65 life)
Raven frost for cbf. Dex is nice too
10 fcr stay ring
Maras

Max dr. Max res. 4 k life, 18k / 30k defence, 30 fcr breakpoint, 48 fhr, 55 ias to reach last smite breakpoint with axe.
Gold: 1,110.00
Jan 27 2023 08:12am
Use minimum 48fcr, ideally 75fcr.

IT seems like ur building on tight budget.

Coa BerBer
Enigma
Raven
Wisp
2/20 ammu with adds if can afford
Waterwalks / Hots
Trang oul's
Dungo
Grief pb + spirit 35 in a 40+@ ST base
Cta + Spirit

There are some other pheonix/exile etc setups, but i would mainly start with this spirit setup, to make effective phoenix setup it can be costly on helm etc...

Inventory:
Torch
annie
pc combat lifers
life/5@ scs

Ofc there tons of setups u can use, but this is a basic start to get you going.
Think mobility first. (75fcr/86fhr) - Fhr lesser importance, but this setup has 86..
Then oak via wisp as absorb and meatshield.
Raven for cnbf and absorb.

Hots vs fb. (Later u can use 75fcr pheonix setup in combi with waterwalks)

Dont think yo much about tankyness and stats like defense and shit. Mobility first, cannot be frozen, absorb and meatshield is the key features.

Later u can start to min/max range/damage/defense/tankyness in general as second priorities after mobility etc...

Also skill foh man... Fuck all those defiance etc...

1 foh minimum. Smite foh stun is very viable in d2r as well...

Did not find any good video atm, but there are good videos who shows tele style on d2r.

This post was edited by gel87 on Jan 27 2023 08:22am
Gold: 393.01
Warn: 10%
Jan 27 2023 10:16am
Warn: 40%
Jan 27 2023 05:28pm
Quote (Yeti_dabs @ Jan 27 2023 03:44am)
So I’m lvl 92
I’ve got

HELM-gface, shako, vamp gaze, andys
MAIN - Grief +350 +34ias , a 427% Ed phoenix
CHEST - nigma , forti
-BELT , dungos,arachs,SoE
GLOVES- dracs/10cb gloves
BOOTS-gorerider/goblin toe
AMMY- highlords/30 res

SKILLS

20smite
20fanat
20holyshield
20defiance

1to prereqs

1to zeal
1 to vengeance

No salvation
No Foh
No resist any

Should I make my str high enough so I can swap around all gear? I got a shaft stop I can’t even put on , and when I wear forti I have to wear str charms and other str stuff to put on stormshield ( if using for dr)

Currently got 18k def with phoenix and 30k def with exile lol.

Smite dmg of god knows what with the grief and Ed from phoenix (+forti when I use it )

Mainly I got 1 restat left and am thinking of either pumping up foh or charge but don’t know which would be more powerful since I won’t me maxing synergies, I want to keep smite/HS/fanat so that leaves aboot 40 skill points.

I also do Ubers and farm in general with this char as I just really enjoy smiting the fork out of things lol

Looking for a good reading material or video on how to play smiter, I didn’t know you could name lock till earlier this week and just started getting some kills with knowing that, now I’m learning to dodge with charge or stay sporadic with char so hard for them to namelock me lol.

Having a hard time grasping telesmite, shift smiting what to do with assansins ww and claw block lol

Been reading a bunch and saw using vigor or holy freeze to increase your walk speed and to smite barb or ww sin at the end of the ww

Also lots of info out there refers to prepatch tricks

Any good videos recommended?

HELM-gface, shako, vamp gaze, andys
MAIN - Grief +350 +34ias , a 427% Ed phoenix
CHEST - nigma , forti
-BELT , dungos,arachs,SoE
GLOVES- dracs/10cb gloves
BOOTS-gorerider/goblin toe
AMMY- highlords/30 res

Possible builds:

Shako ber
Grief
Nigma
upd hoz ber
Dungo
Gtoes
Cb gloves if 10 ias
Raven/ str ring
Highlords /maras

Option 2

Shako ber
Grief
Stormshield with a 40 Ed -15 req
Goblin/gores
Arach
Fort
Stat ring/raven
Cb gloves if 10 ias
Maras/hl

Option 3

Gface
Stormshield
Enigma
Maras/hl
Gtoes
Cb gloves
Stat ring/raven
Arach

You can’t use Phoenix yet untill you get a Ber ber coa, you need 50% dr

Max smite, max holy shield, max fanta

For charger max charge, a few points into blessed aim to get 12k ar and rest into vigor, 1 point freeze

For vt put points into foh and shock but keep foh 4 points ahead so like 14 foh 10 shock etc.

You will have no sorb with any of your setups so try to get 5 points into lr aura if possible.

This post was edited by Nataraja on Jan 27 2023 05:29pm
Jan 28 2023 12:50am
So I updated my gear list with what I have, I have more stuff to im probably forgetting
I’ve got fire sorb covered with the phoenix/dwarfstarx2/infernostride/LoH/IK belt
Light sorb I use blackhorns and tgods
Cold sorb I only got a single belt with 15sorb

Been trying to justify shoving two bers in a coa or trading one with 2 bers in it already

All gear has been farmed /traded or gifted ingame so a bit of a tight budget lol.

What should I expect to pay for a CoA with 2bers in it?

Or a low res one with/without bers

Also do the gloves need to have IAS when using PB with 30% and high lords with 20% ?
Jan 28 2023 12:56am
Also ya the skill choices sound good I’m having a hard time figuring out if I should do charge or foh

I think I should foh for farming as running into phys immune sucks hard rn

But I want to max charge to be more viable pv

But since I hear the smite foh stunlock still works in d2r I think I’ll go that route with 1 point into smite to try and rush them while in Hr (along with tele once I get better )

Also for tele smite do you guys use spirit on switch for tele to speed up fcr?

Cause that seems like a lot to do at once in pvp.

Thanks all for the help
Gold: 4,080.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 28 2023 02:20am
Quote (Yeti_dabs @ Jan 28 2023 07:56am)
Also ya the skill choices sound good I’m having a hard time figuring out if I should do charge or foh

I think I should foh for farming as running into phys immune sucks hard rn

But I want to max charge to be more viable pv

But since I hear the smite foh stunlock still works in d2r I think I’ll go that route with 1 point into smite to try and rush them while in Hr (along with tele once I get better )

Also for tele smite do you guys use spirit on switch for tele to speed up fcr?

Cause that seems like a lot to do at once in pvp.

Thanks all for the help

a v/c (charger) is much easier to wield than a v/t (foh) tbh. yeah, v/t is a better build in experienced hands but that won't be the case if you're just starting out or getting back into pvp

so my advice to you is to go v/c. aim for getting this gear and swap around depending on matchups/which breakpoints you want to hit:

helm: coa berber/shako um
armor: eni
wep: grief pb with high + dmg. ias doesn't matter
shield: spirit st ~40 res/phoenix st ed/ar
gloves: trangs/cb or rare gloves with ias
boots: aldurs/wws/hotspurs/gtoes/some random cold/light res rares
belt: arach/dungo/tgods
amu: hl/2 pal fcr craft
rings: ravens/bk/dwarfs/fcr with adds

e: to answer some more of your questions, spirit is a great main hand shield in matchups where you'll tele or chase a lot. so there's no need to tele on switch, just use spirit vs most casters.
note that a v/c can also use foh to stunlock, all you need is a point into it or a foh cta.

This post was edited by Dolphy on Jan 28 2023 02:23am
Gold: 300.00
Jan 28 2023 06:08am
Quote (Dolphy @ Jan 28 2023 02:20am)
a v/c (charger) is much easier to wield than a v/t (foh) tbh. yeah, v/t is a better build in experienced hands but that won't be the case if you're just starting out or getting back into pvp

so my advice to you is to go v/c. aim for getting this gear and swap around depending on matchups/which breakpoints you want to hit:

helm: coa berber/shako um
armor: eni
wep: grief pb with high + dmg. ias doesn't matter
shield: spirit st ~40 res/phoenix st ed/ar
gloves: trangs/cb or rare gloves with ias
boots: aldurs/wws/hotspurs/gtoes/some random cold/light res rares
belt: arach/dungo/tgods
amu: hl/2 pal fcr craft
rings: ravens/bk/dwarfs/fcr with adds

e: to answer some more of your questions, spirit is a great main hand shield in matchups where you'll tele or chase a lot. so there's no need to tele on switch, just use spirit vs most casters.
note that a v/c can also use foh to stunlock, all you need is a point into it or a foh cta.

While true, never use a foh cta to do the stunning as needing to swap back defeats the purpose, 1 point is recommended and is enough
Jan 28 2023 10:04am
Ok good to know so I’m gonna restat today and max charge pump up vigor and get to 1 in foh (10 with +skills)

Should I try to get the foh to like 5 and the charge to 1? To stay 4 ahead?

Also joined the EU server to trade a superior targe lvlr.3 with 45@ for an UM
Was that a bad choice?

I made it into a spirit before I sold it and it was pretty awesome with full @80
But I I needed a sacred targe not a superior?

But I got free 1sok CoA on the EU server in a duel game after like 15 mins was pretty awesome lol
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll