d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Best Super Budget Early Ladder Trav Runner > D2:R
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.00
Jan 21 2023 11:31am
Hi, so as the title says i am looking for a build to run hell trav reletively easily with minimal gear (especially no high runes, no high end uniques). Tall order, i know.

While a barb would be preferred due to find item, I feel not having decent gear would limit me significantly.

A summon necro is an obvious one for minimal gear, but ive done that several ladders now.

Any other ideas that can essentially do it naked (even if fairly slow? )
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jan 21 2023 12:08pm
Quote (skyeye @ Jan 21 2023 11:31am)
Hi, so as the title says i am looking for a build to run hell trav reletively easily with minimal gear (especially no high runes, no high end uniques). Tall order, i know.

While a barb would be preferred due to find item, I feel not having decent gear would limit me significantly.

A summon necro is an obvious one for minimal gear, but ive done that several ladders now.

Any other ideas that can essentially do it naked (even if fairly slow? )

I dunno I thought everyone ran sorc cause free teleport
Jan 21 2023 12:10pm
Quote (Nataraja @ Jan 21 2023 01:08pm)
I dunno I thought everyone ran sorc cause free teleport

got tired of running sorc at start of ladder back in ~ 12-13 tbh. too much competition for the same items.
Jan 21 2023 12:28pm
Quote (skyeye @ Jan 21 2023 12:10pm)
got tired of running sorc at start of ladder back in ~ 12-13 tbh. too much competition for the same items.

I’d personally just run chaos with a zon and 1 hit everything
Jan 21 2023 12:37pm
Quote (Nataraja @ Jan 21 2023 01:28pm)
I’d personally just run chaos with a zon and 1 hit everything

very helpful info for a budget trav build ^_^
Jan 21 2023 12:39pm
Quote (skyeye @ Jan 21 2023 12:37pm)

Hotspurs and a dwarf star and a raven
Jan 21 2023 12:45pm
Quote (skyeye @ Jan 21 2023 12:37pm)

Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 21 2023 01:47pm
Personally i've run a conc barb many a hardcore ladder season on d2lod. It is slow but it works. It works well in travincal. Must have a strong weapon though, i typically use 2-hand. Once i found a bonesnap from normal diablo, made nm bosses and travincal gf runs a child's play. I usually make one other character to run quest bugged boss runs, but i don't think that works in d2r - the bad version of d2.

As for it being budget, you really don't need a lot of expensive gear, use whatever you find. Buying a few key gear pieces will be very helpful though. Manald heal, angelic amu+ring, bloodfist, cow king boots or similar, and a good armor piece. String of ears is op for it's level req, i've found. Goldfind equipment isn't that easy to simply find, except for 10% egold small charms which drops quite often in my experience. So you typically sell stuff you find for gold in the beginning. So keeping a balance of open space in your inventory and %egold charms is key to good flow in gameplay.

This post was edited by Taurean on Jan 21 2023 01:53pm
Jan 21 2023 02:43pm
Quote (Nataraja @ Jan 21 2023 01:45pm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4luIVQ_jA

Yeah, you missed the part where i said with no elite uniques/high runes. Funny thing with dbrunski vids , incase ya didnt notice his guides only show effectiveness with (at minimum) shakos and somewhat end game gear, but more typically with all the runewords you would run mid-late ladder and a torch,anni, and a inventory of charms. He makes guides for once you have somewhat effective gear, and there is nothing wrong with that, but thats not what im looking for. He does not make guides that are primarily applicable for the first week or two of ladder.

Obviously those builds he shows will work well with gear your average person cant get their hands on in the first week or two of ladder, which was kind of the point of me wording the original post the way i did.

Quote (Taurean @ Jan 21 2023 02:47pm)
Personally i've run a conc barb many a hardcore ladder season on d2lod. It is slow but it works. It works well in travincal. Must have a strong weapon though, i typically use 2-hand. Once i found a bonesnap from normal diablo, made nm bosses and travincal gf runs a child's play. I usually make one other character to run quest bugged boss runs, but i don't think that works in d2r - the bad version of d2.

As for it being budget, you really don't need a lot of expensive gear, use whatever you find. Buying a few key gear pieces will be very helpful though. Manald heal, angelic amu+ring, bloodfist, cow king boots or similar, and a good armor piece. String of ears is op for it's level req, i've found. Goldfind equipment isn't that easy to simply find, except for 10% egold small charms which drops quite often in my experience. So you typically sell stuff you find for gold in the beginning. So keeping a balance of open space in your inventory and %egold charms is key to good flow in gameplay.

Yeah a conc barb is one i am going back and forth on. Im not really doing it for gold, i'm wanting to run hell trav specifically for the jewelry/rune drops. I'm basically wanting something that once it hits trav in hell at about lvl 50-60 it can clear it almost regardless of gear. Theres only a few builds ive made that can do that (summon necro, High tank valk zon, a couple of niche pally builds) but was hoping someone else knew of a build that didnt count on finding a high damage weapon, or decent armor. Bonesnap is absolutely great in nm, but I feel it would underperform in hell. Kind of a hard ask , i know, but like i was saying to the other guy i quoted, theres all sorts of guides for a bit later in ladder, but there is almost nothing (especially for the rarer builds) for early ladder/ mid level unfortunately :/

Jan 21 2023 04:10pm
Quote (skyeye @ Jan 21 2023 02:43pm)
Yeah, you missed the part where i said with no elite uniques/high runes. Funny thing with dbrunski vids , incase ya didnt notice his guides only show effectiveness with (at minimum) shakos and somewhat end game gear, but more typically with all the runewords you would run mid-late ladder and a torch,anni, and a inventory of charms. He makes guides for once you have somewhat effective gear, and there is nothing wrong with that, but thats not what im looking for. He does not make guides that are primarily applicable for the first week or two of ladder.

Obviously those builds he shows will work well with gear your average person cant get their hands on in the first week or two of ladder, which was kind of the point of me wording the original post the way i did.

Yeah a conc barb is one i am going back and forth on. Im not really doing it for gold, i'm wanting to run hell trav specifically for the jewelry/rune drops. I'm basically wanting something that once it hits trav in hell at about lvl 50-60 it can clear it almost regardless of gear. Theres only a few builds ive made that can do that (summon necro, High tank valk zon, a couple of niche pally builds) but was hoping someone else knew of a build that didnt count on finding a high damage weapon, or decent armor. Bonesnap is absolutely great in nm, but I feel it would underperform in hell. Kind of a hard ask , i know, but like i was saying to the other guy i quoted, theres all sorts of guides for a bit later in ladder, but there is almost nothing (especially for the rarer builds) for early ladder/ mid level unfortunately :/

Dear god shut up, run a naked blizz sorc
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll