d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Last If Us
Prev15678931Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,355.04
Jan 30 2023 05:16pm
Quote (SBD @ Jan 30 2023 04:22pm)
Yeah it was a strange choice. Why not just a dude and a chick. The story was good but why not make it a relationship that's relatable to 95% of people.

I know this comment will garner some hate, but yes I think two dudes with beards kissing is cringe to watch.

Again the story was fine and honestly the acting was fine. I just think a few dudes making out is hard to watch.

Although I did wonder how all those years no raiders managed to take them over. Its not like they were that rural either , they were in a few days or so walking distance from Boston. You would also think that people from the QZ would be going out that far scouring for supplies, and they would have been overtaken then. It was 20 years afterall.

Yeah I don’t need to watch that I definitely did my fair share of 10 second skips. I do think they told a pretty compelling story about the two of them but I’ll pass on watching men make out

Quote (IgoSoHard @ Jan 30 2023 04:45pm)
I thought it was a really good episode. I’ve never played the game, so I was like…are these dudes gonna fuck…? Naaaaah, surely not. Lol. But yeah, really well done. I don’t agree with people calling it ‘the best episode of all time’ or ‘legendary’ but it was definitely a top tier episode. I think I’m going to play the game now

It was a good episode, but it had essentially no impact on the overarching story of the show. The only plot advancement was in the last 10 minutes. If that’s the case it has absolutely no claim as being one of the best episodes ever
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 30 2023 05:28pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Jan 30 2023 04:16pm)
Yeah I don’t need to watch that I definitely did my fair share of 10 second skips. I do think they told a pretty compelling story about the two of them but I’ll pass on watching men make out

It was a good episode, but it had essentially no impact on the overarching story of the show. The only plot advancement was in the last 10 minutes. If that’s the case it has absolutely no claim as being one of the best episodes ever

That's really my only issue with the episode. I don't think there's any arguing that their story wasn't good. A good side story.
Gold: 14,226.06
Feb 1 2023 02:02am
Quote (addone @ 30 Jan 2023 04:03)
I think I am going to puke. Ron fucking Swanson with another man.

Just horrible couldn't watch 1/2 of it. Thank God they both died

It wasn't really necessary.

Quote (HeLiCaL @ 30 Jan 2023 07:28)

Yea.

Quote (IgoSoHard @ 30 Jan 2023 13:45)
I thought it was a really good episode. I’ve never played the game, so I was like…are these dudes gonna fuck…? Naaaaah, surely not. Lol. But yeah, really well done. I don’t agree with people calling it ‘the best episode of all time’ or ‘legendary’ but it was definitely a top tier episode. I think I’m going to play the game now

It gives the virtue signaling crowd something to applaud.

I thought the episode was alright, could do without Ron Swanson kissing another man. You want to have two gay men fall in love with other? Okay I guess, but I don't need to see passionate kissing scenes.

Did love the fact that Swanson was a pepper and gun aficionado. Even if couldn't shoot his bolt action for shit and stood in the street instead of behind cover.
Gold: 2,094.99
Feb 1 2023 08:29am
Quote (Sturmgeist @ Feb 1 2023 02:02am)

I thought the episode was alright, could do without Ron Swanson kissing another man. You want to have two gay men fall in love with other? Okay I guess, but I don't need to see passionate kissing scenes.

Did love the fact that Swanson was a pepper and gun aficionado. Even if couldn't shoot his bolt action for shit and stood in the street instead of behind cover.

Lol. Yeah, him looting the town for gear was the best part for me. We’ve all thought about it. Seriously though, him going out into the street instead of staying behind cover because plot was so stupid.
Feb 1 2023 08:39am
Quote (Sturmgeist @ Feb 1 2023 01:02am)
It wasn't really necessary.

Yea.

In that scene, I turned to the wife and said how does a major prepper not have vantage points with cover set up to shoot from. It just made no sense.

How their entier area was not overrun in 20 years when its basically just beside the burbs of Boston makes no sense either but that's fine I can live with that.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 1 2023 08:40am
Gold: 12,335.22
Feb 1 2023 02:30pm
Ep 3 was pretty spectacular in the storytelling and the acting but I think it ranks pretty low in how it fits into the show. It could have stood on its own as a movie with more details filled in but it's supposed to mean something in the greater picture. I think they could have chopped ep2 and 3 together so that we had a sense of who Frank/Bill are, and then give closure during ep 3 instead of a whole ep being dedicated to them. Wish the doomsday prepping montage was longer tho that shit was cool.
Gold: 50,062.31
Feb 1 2023 03:18pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Jan 30 2023 03:16pm)

Quote (SBD @ Jan 30 2023 01:22pm)
Yeah it was a strange choice. Why not just a dude and a chick. The story was good but why not make it a relationship that's relatable to 95% of people.

I know this comment will garner some hate, but yes I think two dudes with beards kissing is cringe to watch.

Again the story was fine and honestly the acting was fine. I just think a few dudes making out is hard to watch.

Although I did wonder how all those years no raiders managed to take them over. Its not like they were that rural either , they were in a few days or so walking distance from Boston. You would also think that people from the QZ would be going out that far scouring for supplies, and they would have been overtaken then. It was 20 years afterall.

It’s hilarious how you have no issues with a straight couple making out. But a gay couple and you freak out. Get the fuck over it. You both are very weak.
Feb 1 2023 03:20pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Feb 1 2023 02:18pm)
It’s hilarious how you have no issues with a straight couple making out. But a gay couple and you freak out. Get the fuck over it. You both are very weak.

Don't think its weak to find something cringy or gross, humans find all kinds of things gross that others do not.

I could care less if you thought straight people making out was gross. Its your weakness to care what others think or feel is gross m8.
Gold: 1,535.00
Feb 1 2023 03:57pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Feb 1 2023 01:18pm)

its funny when homophobes out themselves
Gold: 0.00
Feb 1 2023 04:05pm
Quote (KoJ @ Feb 1 2023 01:57pm)
its funny when homophobes out themselves

:bonk:
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev15678931Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll