d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Best Headphones To Try On A Budget?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,595.00
Jan 19 2023 09:55am
Quote (MildSambal @ 19 Jan 2023 14:10)
Leisure and streaming headphones. Budget is up to $200

Main features desired: nice bass and super comfortable for someone that wears glasses

Open to in ear or over ear headphones

Right now I like the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm

What is leisure or streaming? I wanted to know if you use them at home on the PC or on the go with your phone :lol:
If at home, airpods are a bad idea. For "nice bass and super comfortable" the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro should be exactly what you want.
If you go for the 80 Ohm variant you wont need an amplifier/soundcard, but they will benefit from it.
In the sub 200$ category IEMs can be a real gamechanger but they are not everyones cup of tea.
I recommend going for a good over ear headphone (DT 770 Pro or Sennheiser HD599 - which might not fit your usecase as well as the Beyerdynamics, but if you have a shop with good return policies they might be worth a try) and
if you are interested in IEMs buying a cheap pair for use on the go. I can recommend the Salnotes Zero, Truthear Hola, Tanzu Wan'er or Kiwiears Cadenza. These are all around 20$ and are way better than Airpods if you dont need the additional
features that the airpods have like bluethooth or touch controls - You might need an additional cable/device to plug those in if your phone does not have a traditional 3.5mm headphone jack.
That way you have a nice pair of headphones for PC and a nice pair of IEMs for on the go.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 19 2023 09:37pm
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Jan 19 2023 09:21pm)
do you have an amp? or mobo? also phone/tablet?

what is your preferred use for these? fps gaming? music?

I don’t have an amp or mobo. I do have an iphone (wife insists we both do, not a battle worth picking lol) and an ipad

Preferred use is auto chess gaming, music, and streaming

Quote (rinirax @ Jan 19 2023 10:55pm)
What is leisure or streaming? I wanted to know if you use them at home on the PC or on the go with your phone :lol:
If at home, airpods are a bad idea. For "nice bass and super comfortable" the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro should be exactly what you want.
If you go for the 80 Ohm variant you wont need an amplifier/soundcard, but they will benefit from it.
In the sub 200$ category IEMs can be a real gamechanger but they are not everyones cup of tea.
I recommend going for a good over ear headphone (DT 770 Pro or Sennheiser HD599 - which might not fit your usecase as well as the Beyerdynamics, but if you have a shop with good return policies they might be worth a try) and
if you are interested in IEMs buying a cheap pair for use on the go. I can recommend the Salnotes Zero, Truthear Hola, Tanzu Wan'er or Kiwiears Cadenza. These are all around 20$ and are way better than Airpods if you dont need the additional
features that the airpods have like bluethooth or touch controls - You might need an additional cable/device to plug those in if your phone does not have a traditional 3.5mm headphone jack.
That way you have a nice pair of headphones for PC and a nice pair of IEMs for on the go.

Thank you for the detailed response 🙏 I think that’s exactly what I’ll end up doing, getting a very nice set of studio quality headphones like the DT 770 Pro and a nice cheap pair of in ear buds for being on the go

Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll