d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Ultrawide Curved Monitor Not Working
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,950.91
Jan 5 2023 07:29pm
Anyone familiar with monitors? I picked this up from someone who left it behind when they moved. It "works" in the sense that the power light comes on and the speakers produce sound. One of the HDMI ports does nothing. My PC won't recognize that it's plugged in, but the other does. There is just no picture whatsoever. There is no visible damage on this thing in the slightest. I have also tried the Display Port and that does the same thing. Everything is fine but no picture.

Is there anything anyone can think of that might get this thing working? Is it worth it to try and take to a repair shop and have them fix it?

Gold: 201,760.00
Jan 6 2023 04:11pm
If there is literally no picture but the monitor gets recognized, it could be the backlight that is broken or not connected.

You could open it up and reset all connections before throwing it away. You found it in the trash to begin with so you'd lose nothing. ;)

If that fails you can always bring it to a shop and have them replace the backlight or whatever else is broken if it's fixable.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll