d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball >
Poll > Nba 2023 Mvp Discussion Thread
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,580.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 7 2023 05:26am
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 7 2023 06:34pm)
Steph isn't an MVP candidate? :huh:

Warriors are 2 games out of a top 4 seed in the West and Curry is putting up numbers almost identical to his back-to-back MVP seasons. His injury set him back but assuming he returns and is healthy for the remainder of the season he's absolutely an MVP candidate producing the way he has been.

He is averaging 30/7/7 on 50/43/92 and his TS% (67%) is identical to his unanimous MVP season (first and only player ever to win MVP unanimously).

He’s like borderline top 10 in most betting markets. So yeah I guess he’s as much of a candidate as Ja Morant, Don Mitch and Zion..
Gold: 0.00
Jan 7 2023 12:05pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jan 7 2023 06:26am)
He’s like borderline top 10 in most betting markets. So yeah I guess he’s as much of a candidate as Ja Morant, Don Mitch and Zion..

You've suddenly fallen in love with BETTING odds for MVP this season. It's like you never paid attention to them before, not realizing what sets those odds...

It's so early in the season and the odds change quickly every season. Someone like Tatum is only 4th still because he's the best player on the team with the best record for now. They've fallen off though over the past month which is why he has continued to slide down. Fully expect KD to surpass Tatum just like Luka, Jokic, and Giannis have.

Realistically Luka or KD will win MVP. Voter fatigue for Jokic and Giannis.

Embiid has missed too much time, Curry has too.
Jan 7 2023 07:26pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 8 2023 05:05am)
You've suddenly fallen in love with BETTING odds for MVP this season. It's like you never paid attention to them before, not realizing what sets those odds...

It's so early in the season and the odds change quickly every season. Someone like Tatum is only 4th still because he's the best player on the team with the best record for now. They've fallen off though over the past month which is why he has continued to slide down. Fully expect KD to surpass Tatum just like Luka, Jokic, and Giannis have.

Realistically Luka or KD will win MVP. Voter fatigue for Jokic and Giannis.

Embiid has missed too much time, Curry has too.

Well nba odds is really all we can go off at this point. Obviously punters and bookmakers have a pretty good idea of roughly whos going to win

Also that’s exactly why Curry isn’t a candidate.
Jan 7 2023 07:42pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jan 7 2023 08:26pm)
Well nba odds is really all we can go off at this point. Obviously punters and bookmakers have a pretty good idea of roughly whos going to win

Also that’s exactly why Curry isn’t a candidate.

Oddsmakers want even money. Same with games, they set lines to get even action as the goal. If there's heavy volume on one player for MVP, they'll make them more of a favorite to push action elsewhere. This is how they profit. It is the bettors who truly set the lines, not the oddsmaker.

If Curry comes back and doesn't have another major injury he will have played enough games to win. If the Warriors go on a second half run he'll absolutely be right there contending for MVP. He's having an insane season as well, but obviously Warriors being ass killed any early season MVP hype.

Realistically though, it's Luka's to lose, but it's a total toss up at the moment because the second half will obviously decide it.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jan 7 2023 07:50pm
Jan 8 2023 01:35pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 8 2023 12:42pm)
Oddsmakers want even money. Same with games, they set lines to get even action as the goal. If there's heavy volume on one player for MVP, they'll make them more of a favorite to push action elsewhere. This is how they profit. It is the bettors who truly set the lines, not the oddsmaker.

If Curry comes back and doesn't have another major injury he will have played enough games to win. If the Warriors go on a second half run he'll absolutely be right there contending for MVP. He's having an insane season as well, but obviously Warriors being ass killed any early season MVP hype.

Realistically though, it's Luka's to lose, but it's a total toss up at the moment because the second half will obviously decide it.

A lot of If’s there.

Right now Curry isn’t a legitimate mvp candidate. Which is what you initially questioned me on.

Just move on bro and stop choosing to argue over EVERYTHING
Gold: 3,790.00
Jan 8 2023 01:48pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jan 8 2023 11:35am)
A lot of If’s there.

Right now Curry isn’t a legitimate mvp candidate. Which is what you initially questioned me on.

Only due to injury my guy. 30 7 7 basically on 50 40 90 is a ridiculous statline. But we have stopped playing for regular season awards a long time ago. Other than for the young guys, Jordan Poole to the All Star Game baby!
Jan 8 2023 06:40pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Jan 8 2023 02:48pm)
Only due to injury my guy. 30 7 7 basically on 50 40 90 is a ridiculous statline. But we have stopped playing for regular season awards a long time ago. Other than for the young guys, Jordan Poole to the All Star Game baby!

Poole won't even sniff the All-Star game this season lol
Jan 8 2023 06:41pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Jan 8 2023 02:35pm)
A lot of If’s there.

Curry is a legit MVP candidate. Absolutely is. Luka wins it at this point hands down, Mavs shouldn't be anywhere near as good as they are but the Luka show is carrying.

Nobody arguing everything, just wish you would realize there is a world outside of Celtics players.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jan 8 2023 06:42pm
Gold: 3,790.00
Jan 8 2023 06:44pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 8 2023 04:40pm)
Poole won't even sniff the All-Star game this season lol

You’re such a hater bro.

4 guards lock is Curry, Doncic (he’s a SF in my eyes), Ja Morant, & SGA.

After that, this is the tier that Jordan Poole will eventually be on. I am always premature on the praise of my guys but I’m rarely ever wrong. I remember when you said Curry was washed & would never be the same again etc.

Jordan Poole is a unique talent with some of the best offensive moves on the planet, get use to seeing him the next coming years. Lol
Gold: 13,725.00
Jan 8 2023 07:18pm
DM is all about MUH STATS until those same stats put Jokic ahead of Embiid.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll