d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Frenzy Barbarian Shout Or More Damage > D2
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 222.46
Dec 27 2022 11:26am
Im lvl 83 and not sure where to put the rest of my points, I'm running ok gear at the moment but nowhere near end, missing anni, torch, charms, merc gear and grief axes/last wish maybe (dual botd atm)

have bo max, frenzy max, taunt max, axe mastery maxed and point to berserk for just in case, already have 900%+ offhand ed so assuming I get another 10ish points to spend I could put this to shout for extra 100%def or into double swing for 80% more offhand ed

my issue is that at the moment I can rush 5 people through hell through ancients baal without any issues, so I'll be quite a bit better when I finish my gear, I'm grinding towards ubers atm and will probs run those with this build and although I know they are harder will the damage make more of a difference than the defense?
Gold: 109.50
Dec 27 2022 11:29am
Find Item?
Dec 27 2022 11:33am
Quote (Belarathon @ Dec 27 2022 05:29pm)
Find Item?

I could go find item, I find it a bit tedious though having to stop and switch which drops my boost instead of just clearing fast as possible
Gold: 109.50
Dec 27 2022 11:45am
Quote (FaceDeath @ 27 Dec 2022 12:33)
I could go find item, I find it a bit tedious though having to stop and switch which drops my boost instead of just clearing fast as possible

Well if you are running tc87 areas or w/e the d2r equivalent is, it’s good to have just for using on champ/boss packs in those areas. As long as you are packin like 150 mf it would be worth it. If not then yeah just choose whatever you like, frenzy barb steamrolls anyways
Dec 27 2022 11:48am
Quote (Belarathon @ Dec 27 2022 05:45pm)
Well if you are running tc87 areas or w/e the d2r equivalent is, it’s good to have just for using on champ/boss packs in those areas. As long as you are packin like 150 mf it would be worth it. If not then yeah just choose whatever you like, frenzy barb steamrolls anyways

I think I'll try it I have a respec left if i get bored ty

would still like opinions on def vs damage though
(just standard d2 lod not r)

This post was edited by FaceDeath on Dec 27 2022 11:49am
Gold: 19,640.61
Jan 9 2023 10:51pm

I run with 2x Grief-PBs. I max Beserk for 20% magic damage on Frenzy. In a 4 player count, you can mow down physical immunes without having to howl or change to beserk. Lastly, I add remaining points to Mastery (I don't have mastery maxed).
Gold: 4,346.00
Jan 27 2023 12:47am
For me was like frenzy>mastery weapon>double swing>1 pt berserk ( for when necesary)>1 pt taunt >spend in to battle orders until you get a comfortable life ( for me not necesary to max , 3 k life was good) > rest points intro shout . I want to mention that i only used frenzy barb for ubers and diablo clone .
Forgot to say 1 point in other masteries , speed , stamina , iron skin and resistance. If you do ubers you can add more into resistances , depending of the equipment.
Little advice, dont use items that broken on frenzy barb.Always use indestructible items on frenzy pvm,and grief or beast berserker axe will break to often and will cost alot to repair .

This post was edited by ThePride on Jan 27 2023 12:48am
Jan 27 2023 09:42am
Quote (ThePride @ Jan 27 2023 06:47am)
For me was like frenzy>mastery weapon>double swing>1 pt berserk ( for when necesary)>1 pt taunt >spend in to battle orders until you get a comfortable life ( for me not necesary to max , 3 k life was good) > rest points intro shout . I want to mention that i only used frenzy barb for ubers and diablo clone .
Forgot to say 1 point in other masteries , speed , stamina , iron skin and resistance. If you do ubers you can add more into resistances , depending of the equipment.
Little advice, dont use items that broken on frenzy barb.Always use indestructible items on frenzy pvm,and grief or beast berserker axe will break to often and will cost alot to repair .

I do ubers and use ba's, doesnt seem to matter too much which weapons i use as long as end game runewords, can proc life tap (dracs is fine) and have enough cb, done with combinations of last wish, botd, grief, beast, doom and more but i do kind of wish i'd specced for pb's to avoid repair cost, i use pb's on my tesladin and the lack of repair cost really adds to the fun instead of having to do gold runs every now and then

Quote (joeinfhills @ Jan 10 2023 04:51am)
I run with 2x Grief-PBs. I max Beserk for 20% magic damage on Frenzy. In a 4 player count, you can mow down physical immunes without having to howl or change to beserk. Lastly, I add remaining points to Mastery (I don't have mastery maxed).

honestly this is the best advice, I tried this when you suggested, I still do enough damage to chomp through non immunes and the 20 points berserk means i dont have to switch at all for immunes, then my points can go to generally filling damage

Gold: 19,640.61
Jan 27 2023 10:17pm
Quote (FaceDeath @ Jan 27 2023 10:42am)
I do ubers and use ba's, doesnt seem to matter too much which weapons i use as long as end game runewords, can proc life tap (dracs is fine) and have enough cb, done with combinations of last wish, botd, grief, beast, doom and more but i do kind of wish i'd specced for pb's to avoid repair cost, i use pb's on my tesladin and the lack of repair cost really adds to the fun instead of having to do gold runs every now and then

honestly this is the best advice, I tried this when you suggested, I still do enough damage to chomp through non immunes and the 20 points berserk means i dont have to switch at all for immunes, then my points can go to generally filling damage

Glad you liked it. I run a might merc with 20 conc pride. When both might and conc kick in you will notice a significant damage boost. There are builds that will used 2x eDeathZ with a faith merc to hit the same IAS breakpoints that phase blades give. The eDeathZ builds can clobber in 8player games too because of the extra 50% crushing blow (vs my build with laying of hands, Gulliame, and gores).

This post was edited by joeinfhills on Jan 27 2023 10:19pm
Gold: 515.11
Jan 27 2023 10:51pm
I like doing

20 frenzy
20 bo
20 doubleswing for mana burn bullshit mobs
20 mastery
Rest into increased stamina for frenzy duration

I dont use enigma though.

20 into berserk converts existing damage into magic, it doesnt add anything. Granted magic resistance is not global like physical resistance is, but it does neuter your leech by 20%
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll