d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo 4 Pvp
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Feb 11 2023 01:54pm
Quote (musclemagic @ Feb 10 2023 08:13pm)
You were watching bugged builds is all man.. The game wasn't nearly close to finished. That was a 9month pre-release state.

I reached infinite symbols as my damage after ramping it with just one of several ways to do so.

Take the core of the PvP though, and then you can decide if it'll be fun. Balancing and debugging will definitely be an ongoing thing for the first few seasons anyway.

I hope so man, because i have such high hopes for the game.
Also it wasn't the only pvp i saw, so i know there was some good fights too.

But i am convinced barb is a little overpowered right now. I took a picture of the best barb build and the best rogue build. Just so i have an idea, incase not too much is changed. I mean one of the builds is actually pretty close to what i worked out just looking at the skills, but it was good to see for example Shadow damage for rogues. Such a game changer compared to the other elements they can activate. (For any rogue players out there, Shadow is the way to go)
Gold: Locked
Feb 11 2023 07:36pm
Quote (deke @ Feb 11 2023 11:54am)
I hope so man, because i have such high hopes for the game.
Also it wasn't the only pvp i saw, so i know there was some good fights too.

But i am convinced barb is a little overpowered right now. I took a picture of the best barb build and the best rogue build. Just so i have an idea, incase not too much is changed. I mean one of the builds is actually pretty close to what i worked out just looking at the skills, but it was good to see for example Shadow damage for rogues. Such a game changer compared to the other elements they can activate. (For any rogue players out there, Shadow is the way to go)

Nah, I am sure I had one of if not the most pvp kills in the entire beta (many hundred kills) and the best pvp class by far is rogue if you get rid of bugs.

Though melee druids had some insane damage potential, and a sorc can't die if they run away fast enough. Nec was weakest link for the most part.
Gold: 15.00
Feb 12 2023 11:31am
Quote (musclemagic @ Feb 11 2023 08:36pm)
Nah, I am sure I had one of if not the most pvp kills in the entire beta (many hundred kills) and the best pvp class by far is rogue if you get rid of bugs.

Though melee druids had some insane damage potential, and a sorc can't die if they run away fast enough. Nec was weakest link for the most part.

i never even got to see a single druid pvp lol
it was a barb who was one shotting everyone
and taking no damage. by no damage i mean it took like 5 minutes to kill him
and then he could go one shot someone and get all his health back
Feb 12 2023 02:31pm
Quote (deke @ Feb 12 2023 09:31am)
i never even got to see a single druid pvp lol
it was a barb who was one shotting everyone
and taking no damage. by no damage i mean it took like 5 minutes to kill him
and then he could go one shot someone and get all his health back

Yes, I played barb and was almost undefeated. This was due to a bug though only.
Gold: 18,899.00
Feb 22 2023 09:29pm
Generally, of all the new things they have come up with doesn't really bug me. What bugs me is Diablo 4 looks like a 2nd attempt of D3. It is not enough D2 related. I have already made the purchase myself, but I can already see the direction it is heading. It is wrong to make a open/multiplayer game with item trading restrictions, they should have learned this from D3 but I understand that the ones creating the game probably never even experienced why Diablo 2 was successful and Diablo 3 wasn't. Even D2 pvp> D3 pvp.
Feb 22 2023 10:04pm
Quote (Glenoaks @ Feb 22 2023 07:29pm)
Generally, of all the new things they have come up with doesn't really bug me. What bugs me is Diablo 4 looks like a 2nd attempt of D3. It is not enough D2 related. I have already made the purchase myself, but I can already see the direction it is heading. It is wrong to make a open/multiplayer game with item trading restrictions, they should have learned this from D3 but I understand that the ones creating the game probably never even experienced why Diablo 2 was successful and Diablo 3 wasn't. Even D2 pvp> D3 pvp.

It's a lot more like D2 than D3, but anything differing from D2=bad in most people's POV on here (even when it's good for actual gameplay.)

D4's going to be trending #1 best seller/most viewed on Twitch/most hours on every platform for many many months.. and most people here will still be crying about how it's bad. LOL
Gold: 18,899.00
Feb 23 2023 12:55am
Quote (musclemagic @ Feb 22 2023 08:04pm)
It's a lot more like D2 than D3, but anything differing from D2=bad in most people's POV on here (even when it's good for actual gameplay.)

D4's going to be trending #1 best seller/most viewed on Twitch/most hours on every platform for many many months.. and most people here will still be crying about how it's bad. LOL

D4 next to D3, now tell me one thing you see that is related here to D2. This is just one example.

This is literally a reskin of an identical room.

This post was edited by Glenoaks on Feb 23 2023 12:55am
Gold: 20,339.50
Feb 23 2023 02:15am
Quote (Glenoaks @ Feb 23 2023 07:55am)

Yeah, I do not know how so many people have missed this.
I mean, cmon - both rooms have wooden floors which makes them almost identical.

If that wasn't enough - again, 2NPCs in the room.
The resemblance is truly uncanny!
Feb 23 2023 08:21am
Quote (Glenoaks @ Feb 22 2023 10:55pm)
D4 next to D3, now tell me one thing you see that is related here to D2. This is just one example.

https://i.imgur.com/oGL5zDn.jpg

:thumbsup: :locked:

Nice, hahaha
Gold: 2,634.00
Feb 23 2023 04:36pm
Quote (musclemagic @ Feb 23 2023 05:04am)

Is that a measurement for quality though ? The game can be utter garbage, it would still sell a ton because it is branded « diablo »
Lost ark for example is a trash game and peaked at more than 1mil viewers. If anything twitch is just a place for companies to do their marketing campaigns thanks to drops

This post was edited by Grind3r on Feb 23 2023 04:39pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll