d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Help With Fps Drops
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Dec 10 2022 10:59pm
Quote (Kozacell @ Dec 10 2022 07:32pm)
power bar you mean like electricity extension? or what does power bar mean?

well my motherboard has just one pci express slot which gpu could fit, other one is that "half-sized" pcie slot, dunno what's the name xD

my fans are like 2000 rpm on gpu so I don't think it's issue but yea there's something strange, I noticed my fans were like 2500 rpm when my computer was working well, also gpu power usage is lower now like 150watts, before (when all was ok) was 175watts so no idea :(

I hope it's not failing PSU that would suck :(

how to check if PSU is not failing? I got no idea XD

E: I don't use any afterburner or such program for mess up with fans or overclocking

or you think afterburner could help fix my issue?

power bar.. lol, make sure pc directly in wall or in ONLY a surge protector

not too sure about testing a psu to be honest. if it's a modular psu you could try using another port for PCIE on your psu, make sure the pins are seated properly in the gpu as well

if you never changed anything i don't think afterburner would be the solution
Gold: 2,307.69
Dec 11 2022 01:13pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 11 Dec 2022 05:59)
https://i.imgur.com/cARUlr0.png

power bar.. lol, make sure pc directly in wall or in ONLY a surge protector

not too sure about testing a psu to be honest. if it's a modular psu you could try using another port for PCIE on your psu, make sure the pins are seated properly in the gpu as well

if you never changed anything i don't think afterburner would be the solution

yea I use just regular extension without any surge protecto... well good idea, I ll try extension with surge protector or just directly to the wall but I don't believe it will make any difference but thx! nice idea to test for desperate person :D

also thx for hint for changing port on PSU... and yea it's modular PSU
Dec 11 2022 06:55pm
Quote (Kozacell @ Dec 11 2022 12:13pm)
yea I use just regular extension without any surge protecto... well good idea, I ll try extension with surge protector or just directly to the wall but I don't believe it will make any difference but thx! nice idea to test for desperate person :D

also thx for hint for changing port on PSU... and yea it's modular PSU

I had the similar issue to you, replaced every component to my pc, and it was because I was plugged into a power bar (my girlfriend was cleaning the house and unplugged replugged).. Took a year for me to figure it out. Ha!
Dec 11 2022 06:59pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 12 Dec 2022 01:55)
I had the similar issue to you, replaced every component to my pc, and it was because I was plugged into a power bar (my girlfriend was cleaning the house and unplugged replugged).. Took a year for me to figure it out. Ha!

lol

if this would help would be godly :DDD ( I still didn't try yet still! )

and weird... coz no issues with electricity in this house and never experience such strange computer behavior coz of some surge... I thought good PSU ( this Corsair one should be good, right?) will resolve some minor surge

also maybe just power bar is somehow faulty... I ll try that tomorrow and let you know !
Dec 11 2022 07:26pm
Quote (Kozacell @ Dec 11 2022 05:59pm)
lol

if this would help would be godly :DDD ( I still didn't try yet still! )

and weird... coz no issues with electricity in this house and never experience such strange computer behavior coz of some surge... I thought good PSU ( this Corsair one should be good, right?) will resolve some minor surge

also maybe just power bar is somehow faulty... I ll try that tomorrow and let you know !

they're just not really rated to hold high voltage for long periods of time, very small wires in them and they overheat easily (especially if there's a bunch of stuff into it). corsair is a fine psu, let me know what you find
Dec 11 2022 07:29pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 12 Dec 2022 02:26)
they're just not really rated to hold high voltage for long periods of time, very small wires in them and they overheat easily (especially if there's a bunch of stuff into it). corsair is a fine psu, let me know what you find

ofc I ll let u know asap but I don't believe it will fix the issue tho...

It will be probably one of rare cases I'd be glad I am wrong xD

This post was edited by Kozacell on Dec 11 2022 07:29pm
Dec 12 2022 05:30pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 12 Dec 2022 02:26)

ok so I tried power bar with some surge protection and same sh!t... It didn't fix my issue... I didn't manage to connect computer directly to the wall coz I have to reorganize some... it's complicated in my house but I ll try that as well but I don't believe it will make it better if power bar with surge protection doesn't work, why direct plug to wall without surge protection should make any difference.... anyway I planning to borrow one another 1 single slot surge protection from friend but it will take several days xD

anyway one question though... U mentioned one interesting idea that I should try to connect gpu to different slot in GPU... I figured out there are no remaining pcie express ports left in my PSU

my PSU looks like this:

sorry for low quality photo, it's the only one i could find on internet... its weird but same types of Corsair PSU have sligtly different layout like this https://i.imgur.com/rgCL6h8.jpg but I think doesn't matter I guess...

so posted photo is my PSU... so you see those two 8 pin ports in upper right corner of the picture... One is powering my gpu, second one CPU so my question is can I swap cables ? it'sthe same thing? or 4+4 CPU on right side is specifically for CPU (i dunno maybe some voltage is different who knows... )

lmk pls
Dec 12 2022 06:14pm
Quote (Kozacell @ Dec 12 2022 04:30pm)
ok so I tried power bar with some surge protection and same sh!t... It didn't fix my issue... I didn't manage to connect computer directly to the wall coz I have to reorganize some... it's complicated in my house but I ll try that as well but I don't believe it will make it better if power bar with surge protection doesn't work, why direct plug to wall without surge protection should make any difference.... anyway I planning to borrow one another 1 single slot surge protection from friend but it will take several days xD

anyway one question though... U mentioned one interesting idea that I should try to connect gpu to different slot in GPU... I figured out there are no remaining pcie express ports left in my PSU

my PSU looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/m6dNqUR.png

sorry for low quality photo, it's the only one i could find on internet... its weird but same types of Corsair PSU have sligtly different layout like this https://i.imgur.com/rgCL6h8.jpg but I think doesn't matter I guess...

so posted photo is my PSU... so you see those two 8 pin ports in upper right corner of the picture... One is powering my gpu, second one CPU so my question is can I swap cables ? it'sthe same thing? or 4+4 CPU on right side is specifically for CPU (i dunno maybe some voltage is different who knows... )

lmk pls

No you can't mix and match the gpu/CPU one. Different pin layout. I'd try that surge protector for a few days once it comes and see if it helps. If not then maybe someone else has some ideas - I'm leaning toward a PSU issue though (and I'm not sure how to test that). You could try updating your bios too.

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Dec 12 2022 06:15pm
Dec 12 2022 07:33pm
Quote (Candyzcanes @ 13 Dec 2022 01:14)
No you can't mix and match the gpu/CPU one. Different pin layout. I'd try that surge protector for a few days once it comes and see if it helps. If not then maybe someone else has some ideas - I'm leaning toward a PSU issue though (and I'm not sure how to test that). You could try updating your bios too.

I have newest updates for bios you can find on internet... like from 2017, my bios is not supported anymore I guess so it's newest updates possible.

One friend gave me one one interesting idea ...maybe I should try instal some Linux and test in game which is ported on linux as well :( else I am running out of ideas... also I might need to reinstal windows but bleh.... no mood to do that ;/

E: also not sure how it is with nvidia graphic drivers on linux... is it supported by nvidia or are there just some strange "open source or watever fan based made" drivers? XD

This post was edited by Kozacell on Dec 12 2022 07:34pm
Dec 12 2022 07:40pm
Quote (Kozacell @ Dec 12 2022 06:33pm)
I have newest updates for bios you can find on internet... like from 2017, my bios is not supported anymore I guess so it's newest updates possible.

One friend gave me one one interesting idea ...maybe I should try instal some Linux and test in game which is ported on linux as well :( else I am running out of ideas... also I might need to reinstal windows but bleh.... no mood to do that ;/

E: also not sure how it is with nvidia graphic drivers on linux... is it supported by nvidia or are there just some strange "open source or watever fan based made" drivers? XD

i've had success with completely reformatting drives as well, sometimes it's all you can get away with..
i believe linux just has open source drivers, but it has gotten a lot better for gaming in the last few years and a lot of steam games are supported on linux these days.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll