d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Nintendo >
Poll > Is The Switch Oled Model Worth It?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4.00
Nov 9 2022 08:10am
Looking for some feedback on the OLED model and whether it’s THAT game-changing from the regular Switch as the reviews appear to indicate.
Gold: 95.50
Nov 9 2022 11:02am
Quote (r4f @ 9 Nov 2022 09:10)
Looking for some feedback on the OLED model and whether it’s THAT game-changing from the regular Switch as the reviews appear to indicate.

I mean, if you're buying a new one and you don't own one already then yes why would you not spend the little bit extra. IF you already have and want to upgrade it seems a bit trivial but
if you got the money spend it? can always sell your old one.

This post was edited by Bayonet on Nov 9 2022 11:02am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
Nov 9 2022 03:47pm
Do you play mostly Switch games? Yes ,+1 to switch, no -1 to switch
Do you play mostly handheld (as opposed to hooking it up to tv)? yes, +1 to switch, no -1 to switch
Do you care that it is an OLED screen that is not capable of 'super high' graphics? ie. Google switch OLED vs Steam Deck Witcher 3 comparison.
Is your original switch a V1 or other 'highly demanded' switch that you could probably sell for a decent buck to help pay for the OLED? ir would you have any use for 2 switches? Kids, friends, spouse, whatever?

It really comes down to personal preference. I was in a similar spot, decided to get a Steam Deck instead. Super happy with it. But I pretty much only have my switch for Pokemon and Mario Party.

Good luck :)
Nov 10 2022 07:15am
Quote (Soroush @ Nov 9 2022 02:47pm)
Do you play mostly Switch games? Yes ,+1 to switch, no -1 to switch
Do you play mostly handheld (as opposed to hooking it up to tv)? yes, +1 to switch, no -1 to switch
Do you care that it is an OLED screen that is not capable of 'super high' graphics? ie. Google switch OLED vs Steam Deck Witcher 3 comparison.
Is your original switch a V1 or other 'highly demanded' switch that you could probably sell for a decent buck to help pay for the OLED? ir would you have any use for 2 switches? Kids, friends, spouse, whatever?

It really comes down to personal preference. I was in a similar spot, decided to get a Steam Deck instead. Super happy with it. But I pretty much only have my switch for Pokemon and Mario Party.

Good luck :)

Totally forgot about the Steam Deck. Which storage option did you go with?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
Nov 10 2022 07:18am
Quote (r4f @ 10 Nov 2022 08:15)
Totally forgot about the Steam Deck. Which storage option did you go with?

I went big just for peace of mind, but it is so easy to upgrade if you want to save some money, especially now with black friday(month lol)/cyber monday.
Personally I don't think anything that comes with the upgrade through steam (anti-glare screen, different case?) is actually worth it, I just wanted the storage to be done for me so I didn't risk buying a garbo SSD and having to go through a bunch of reinstall stuff etc.

I absolutely love mine, though. Runs the main steam games I wanted to play (Witcher 3, cyberpunk, some final fantasy games) well, and the emulation is out of this world which is why I really bought it honestly lol
Nov 10 2022 07:58am
Quote (Soroush @ Nov 10 2022 06:18am)
I went big just for peace of mind, but it is so easy to upgrade if you want to save some money, especially now with black friday(month lol)/cyber monday.
Personally I don't think anything that comes with the upgrade through steam (anti-glare screen, different case?) is actually worth it, I just wanted the storage to be done for me so I didn't risk buying a garbo SSD and having to go through a bunch of reinstall stuff etc.

I absolutely love mine, though. Runs the main steam games I wanted to play (Witcher 3, cyberpunk, some final fantasy games) well, and the emulation is out of this world which is why I really bought it honestly lol

Thanks, I’ll consider getting a Steam Deck now.

The main reason why I am considering the Switch OLED model is to prepare for Tears of the Kingdom. I wouldn’t mind playing it on my existing Switch I suppose, but the plan was to replay Breath of the Wild on the OLED model prior to TotK coming out. However, if there really isn’t much to be gained from an upgrade, then why bother right?
Trade Moderator
Gold: 51,280.00
Trader: Mediator
Nov 10 2022 08:46am
Huge yes from a owner of both the original and the OLED,

huge improvement to screen and quality of life for a very minor jump in price.
Nov 10 2022 07:26pm
Quote (Lionhearted @ Nov 10 2022 07:46am)
Huge yes from a owner of both the original and the OLED,

huge improvement to screen and quality of life for a very minor jump in price.

This tracks with the reviews I’ve read.

Alright I have decided. I’m going to wait till the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to pull the trigger on both the OLED model and the Steam Deck. Let’s hope discounts are offered!
Gold: 62,458.83
Nov 20 2022 01:26am
I am about to buy one myself.

From my research, not much difference gaming wise.

But the bigger screen and OLED for better graphics is appealing for only $50 more.

Also by now, I am sure all production problems are fixed.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 1 2022 12:33pm
I have it and play handheld all the time, so it's worth it to me.
Go Back To Nintendo Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll